PDA

View Full Version : FumeFx - Blowing fire on the side

Nazgul
01-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Making a flamethrower...
I'm trying to blow my fire on the side...is this possible? I can't find the way to send it in x+ direction. it just seems to rise up with the buoyancy.
Any clue?

Thanks
NAZ

Nazgul
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
AH HA!! found it! :)

When you're using an object as an emitter and you want to use the normal of the object to emit fluid, you have to go in the Obj/Src tab in the FumeFX UI and turn up the Extra parameter(in the velocity box).

What a name for a parameter! :s it doesn't tell anything by reading it!

JHaywood
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Good to know, thanks for the tip.

darthviper107
01-24-2007, 08:14 PM
A flamethrower is a little bit different though than just fire going out to the side though right? I believe that it shoots out a fluid that is ignighted, so I would do a particle simualtion to make the flow and then add FumeFX to the particles, you'd also have more control with it too.

Nazgul
01-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey darthViper107

it kind of works with the emitter side ways with vorticity and a little turbulence but your idea could give interesting result. I was thinking about trying it that way as well. Perhaps mixing the two results in the end in comp.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I'm also on CGFluids...
cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2007, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.