PDA

View Full Version : mac to pc

timsvw
02-22-2003, 03:26 AM
I work on a macintosh and a freind of mine says that he cannot open my lwo files on his pc. But I can open his files just fine. Has anyone ever run into this before and if they have do they know how to fix it. Thank you in advance for any help.

-tim

Irie
02-22-2003, 03:51 AM
is your friend doubleclicking the file to open it? tell him to load from modeler or layout... if there is no file extension on the end, you can run into problems, so he can rename it to have the .lwo or .lws and that may work as well.

thats all i got

timsvw
02-22-2003, 04:03 AM
Irie, thanks for the input. He said that he has tried that.

-tim

Triple G
02-22-2003, 05:58 AM
Dunno what to tell you. I bring in models (and scenes) from my Mac at home and they open on my PC at work with no problems at all. I know that if you're sending the models on a CD or zip disk or whatever, when you look at the disk on a PC, there'll be two files with the same name. One will be the resource fork, which will be really small (like 1 or 2k), which is not what you want. You'll want the data fork, which will be a larger file by the same name. Other than that, I can't really think of what the problem could be.

Meshbuilder
02-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Add .lwo to your object files and .lws to your scene files.. And if you send them with e-mail compress the files with DropZip before you send it..

Now it will work, I think :)

timsvw
02-22-2003, 08:10 PM
I will try zipping them. I was giving them to him thru email. Thank you for all the information.

-tim

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.