PDA

View Full Version : Animate breasts with constraint

deana
01-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Dear friends, we've got here quite an intresting question.
We have to animate relatively large girl's breasts in about 100 animation takes.
So we try to use some kind of constraint. What we do is: use 3 markers per breast bone, the closest to the spine is parented to the spine, the furthest (the 3d) is constrained to the 1st with relation (3D damping, using value about 15), the marker in the middle is constrained with rigid body to both (1st and 3d). The breast bone is constrained by rotation to the marker in the middle.

Everything seems to work fine, but we need some kind of spring effect, for they only lag. We'd like them to rise and fall in sprining action. Moreover, that movement should be subsiding gradually, you know...
Does some kind of constraint or invention exist as an answer to that problem?

Kind regards.

MATIUS
01-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello Deana,

If you send me your scene, no promise, We (Motionbuilder QA team in Montreal) will take a look at it and try to help you. give me a link to download it. If it does not work l will give you a email to contact me.

Mathieu

deana
01-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello, Mathieu,
That's the page describing the scene, hope, that makes things clear: http://www.apsys.ru/deana/constrain.htm .
I cannot send the scene itself, for the Character and the mocap file belong not to me.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Regards.

deana
05-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Hello,
And again we have the same question. Now I got permission to send a file with the scene. Can give a link.
Can you still try to look and help?
I remind that we'd like to create some constraint that would act like Spring controller in 3dMAX.
For we make animaitons in Builder and it is not very convenient to import constantly from one app to another...

Thanks in advance

Neill
05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Hello,
And again we have the same question. Now I got permission to send a file with the scene. Can give a link.
Can you still try to look and help?
I remind that we'd like to create some constraint that would act like Spring controller in 3dMAX.
For we make animaitons in Builder and it is not very convenient to import constantly from one app to another...

Thanks in advance

Hello Deana, I'm know MB very well from animation to Python & SDK. Actualy about relation constraint, it's really easy for me to create needed boxes. mailt to: neill@bk.ru

deana
05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Here is the scene: www.apsys.ru/deana/images/breasts_question.zip (http://www.apsys.ru/deana/images/breasts_question.zip) 3.29M

isoparmB
05-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Sorry, wrong forum.

DangerAhead
09-26-2007, 09:05 PM
3Dbuzz has a video on using the Relation constraint to build a network to generate a sort of "lag" or "dynamic chain" in Mobu.

It's In the 3rd Issue section "Relation constraint"
http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_dl_list.php?c=10

watch that video and I'm sure you'll have a clue on how to do this.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2007, 09:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.