PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Effects Greyed Out

Guy In Rubber Suit
01-24-2007, 03:49 AM
I'm using Photoshop CS on Mac OSX and for some reason the Lighting Effects filter tool in the Render submenu is greyed out regardless of what I do. Any ideas as to why this is?

Skjoldbroder
01-24-2007, 06:17 AM
is your image RGB? As far as I know there's some jiggery-pokery going on with which colour space you're in, as far as some of the filters go.

Guy In Rubber Suit
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
It's in CMYK, but even when I switched over to RGB, it remained greyed out.

Skjoldbroder
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
hmm.. okay. i guess the only other thing I can think of is whether your image 16-bit or 8-bit per channel? It only works with 8-bit

Guy In Rubber Suit
01-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah it's 8-bit. I tried switching to 16-bit to see if that would do anything.

Could it possibly be something that didn't get installed for some reason?

Skjoldbroder
01-24-2007, 08:36 PM
i can't imagine why, all that stuff is pretty standard. You do have a full version of Photoshop, not Elements?

Guy In Rubber Suit
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah I do have the full version. I opened up a new file, RGB and it worked, however what I was trying to do was create a stucco type texture using different clouds and lighting effects that I read about in a Photoshop book I have. It said to go into the channels box and select the channel with the greatest contrast and apply a lighting effect to it. When I did that is when I came into problems, but when I just applied it to the full image, it worked.

So I don't know if that's a mistake on the book's part or what, but I seem to have fixed the problem and got what I needed. Thank you for your help though. I appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.