PDA

View Full Version : Set or AssumePreferred Angle?

dude5487
01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Recently I was painting weights on one of my rigs. I right clicked over my mesh and got the pop up of either Setting or Assuming Preferred angle, this referring to the joints. If I selected one or the other or select nothing either way it moved my joint around.

My first question is why is it there?

Second is how do I undo it if Maya says no commands to undo but I know its not the same as it was?

Thanks.

shahabsy
01-24-2007, 11:38 AM
hi,
first after creating a complete rig we can set preferred angles for bones and controllers. because if we change position/rotation of any bone or ctrl object we can undo it but if there is no more undo commands we just select the bones or ctrl object and assume it. and every selected bone or object will come to its default position and rotation.
i don't use maya regulerlly but Assuming Preferred angle of rig sounds like setting skin pose and assuming skin pose commands in max. it may be a wrong guess but i hope it will work.
and second u can increase the number of undo commands in windows menu and settings/preferences/preferences/undo options and select infinite option.

shahab.

dude5487
01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks a lot :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.