PDA

View Full Version : Turbosquid's 3DS - to C4D - to XSI (?)

JurajMolcak
01-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Hello folks,

looking for an advice here. We are going to use Turbosquid's 3DS object for one project. When importing 3DS file into C4D everything works like charm. So I have no problem working with it in c4d. But in order to test different flavour of renders I want to import it to XSI as well. And there is problem. Direct import of turbosquids file into XSI is wrong in all ways. So I decided to make export from Cinema. And this is what I get:
1. Export as 3DS file = good geometry but missing materials and textures in XSI
2. Export as FBX file = good geometry, good materials but wrong texture coordinates in XSI
etc...

is there anything I am doing wrong or it is just ordinary crossing problem? Thank you.

LemonNado
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
1. Get Riptide for C4D
2. Export as .obj with Riptide as Maxon's .obj exporter seems to be the demon brother of the XSI .obj importer...
3. Go to http://www.guruware.at/main/index.html and install the gw::OBJ Importer for XSI.

Load the exported riptide .obj file and with the gw::importer and all is good. Even the object/cluster tree makes sense in most of the cases.

Retarded, but works.
Rainer

JurajMolcak
01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanx Rainer! I did try it. Yeah, bit retarded as you said, but somehow it works. It is not 100 % but just minor problem with geometry appears. Maybe I did something wrog with settings.

ciao!

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.