PDA

View Full Version : Face Rig

oranjuice
01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Anyone out there know a good way to create a custom face rig to drive facial bones?
Thanks,

jomoj
01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
can you expand a bit on what you want the rig to do and how you want it to work?

oranjuice
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
My face rig consists of facial bones weighted to the face,
what I am trying to do is create the face shapes with the bones (the easy part), and then link them to sliders (using markers) that will drive each face shape.
For example, when all the sliders are at 0, he will be in his neutral pose. Then I could grab the "ee" shape and slide the slider all the way to 1, and he would be at 100% "ee". What I need it to be able to do after that is blend between the shape, so, if say I add 50% "ah" to the 100% "ee" it will blend properly.
I have used a rig like this in MB before, I just don't know how to set it up.
Thanks for any help,

SMAnimator
02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I use MB 5.5 so you may have to do this differently..

ok, you need to animate your face bones to all the different poses you need
then you need to drop your face bones into the character face panel (you have to drop a character face in your scene) where it says <Drop Cluster(s) Here>
add all the user channels you need and a corresponding amount of cluster shapes, could be an idea to name them all sensibly
now go through your animated face poses and record each pose by pressing snap
then drop back to the other tab and on each channel, set to 100%
drop an actor face into your scene, don't use mocap tickbox, use the character face as it's source

now turn on your actor face (make active) and you should be able to get the face bones to whatever pose or blend of poses you want)

an analogy i use is that the character face is the characterisation, and the actor face is the control rig, if that helps

cheers
5h4ne

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.