PDA

View Full Version : man head model

newellteapot
01-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi, please some critique on this head
(yeah, I know the ears are not there yet :))

kirigoi
01-25-2007, 05:01 AM
I'd get some good photo refs and work from those, also get some good information on head shape and anatomy such as a book on anatomy for artists. For example, the eyes and forehead should be much further forward, the face flatter, and the back of the skull and jaw should be lower with respect to the face. The skull should also go further back, be more rounded at the back and wider at the top.

There is a lot that needs changing, but the most important thing is to get some good references and work from there. I can see from your site that you're a pretty good modeller (nice rifles and luger!), but it's hard to do organic stuff like this from memory as we are all instantly able to tell when a face looks wrong. You might also have more luck posting this in the WIP/ Critique: 3D Stills (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43) section, or in one of the anatomy forums. Good luck :thumbsup:

tin-tin
01-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Looking good, you can sure model no problem there :D, like the previous poster said you just need reference, keep a mirror handy aswell.

Also you might want to show wire shots, good edge loops are helpful.

Here I find this very useful http://kali.qcas.gu.edu.au/~advanced/topology.html (http://kali.qcas.gu.edu.au/%7Eadvanced/topology.html)

newellteapot
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi Mark!

yep you're right. This is a quick attempt I made in 2 hours with no reference, just to see what I could get. I've got plenty of ref, especially anatomy books, and will use them for the next model (will post it here, will drop you a line as I would like to have your feedback again).
Thanks for your post!
Say hello to old Brum
Monica

newellteapot
01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Abdul! Thanks :)
I'm working on it, will try again soon and post the result, keep an eye on the thread so you can give me more useful suggestions, cheers!
Monica
PS thanks for the link

kirigoi
01-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi Monica!

Well, it's certainly pretty good for a quick modelling exercise. You a brummie then? I only came here when I started University, but I've gotten quite used to the place. I'll give it your regards ;)

Feel free to send me a message if you want me to look at more of your stuff, I'm not the best modeller in the world, but I'm happy to sling ill-informed opinions around like the best of them.

M

derrickmays
01-27-2007, 05:12 AM
you might want to work more on the front of the head. the profile doesn't look that bad but it does look quite akward from the front. Other than that it looks really good.

diginime
01-31-2007, 03:50 AM
well..you should work more on your front view, and the profile either the nose should higher or lower the cranium part. anyway, good work, cheers:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2007, 03:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.