PDA

View Full Version : Ever wanted to work for Newtek?

E_Moelzer
02-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Well here is your chance!!!http://www.newtek.com/newtek/careers.html
:cool:
CU
Elmar

fourd
02-21-2003, 09:48 PM
My resume is already in :p

Let's just see what they pay though....If I get an interview.

Sil3
02-21-2003, 09:58 PM
It looks that Newtek is gathering (or adding more programmers) a new development team. Thatīs cool, let see what these guys will come up with :bounce:

Sil3

Nonproductive
02-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Hrmmm...That would be awesome, but looks like all the jobs are in Texas?

fourd
02-21-2003, 10:04 PM
heh..I'm kinda glad I moved to Texas 3 years ago, and became an LW user.

I saw the LW demo at Siggraph and saved up my money so I could get it. One day, I hope to up my LW experience and be part of there team. Everyone I met from there is super cool, but Siggraph was like a playground, the work enviroment I hope is just as fun, while focusing on the business at hand.

(Was that enuf brown-nosing, or do I need to continue?;) )

leigh
02-21-2003, 10:08 PM
It's a pity there isn't a job called Person that sits and plays with LightWave all day :sad:

Nonproductive
02-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Leigh
It's a pity there isn't a job called Person that sits and plays with LightWave all day :sad:

That would be my current job...also known as "unemployed." :scream:

Unless you count "substitute teacher" and "day laborer" as a job that is. One day I'm teaching 1st graders how to make the letter 'a' and the next day I'm pushing wheelbarrows full of concrete and cursing like a truck driver. I am so paranoid that the tounge is going to slip one day when the tie is on and end up corrupting some little minds.

fourd
02-21-2003, 10:13 PM
That's what they call me here at work...We just mostly sit around and monitor circuits and cellsites, so I get plenty of Lightwaving in..I guess that's why I've been able to get up to speed with it so quickly.

froggyplat
02-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Nonproductive
That would be my current job...also known as "unemployed." :scream:

Unless you count "substitute teacher" and "day laborer" as a job that is. One day I'm teaching 1st graders how to make the letter 'a' and the next day I'm pushing wheelbarrows full of concrete and cursing like a truck driver. I am so paranoid that the tounge is going to slip one day when the tie is on and end up corrupting some little minds.

just don't tell the guys at the construction site that it's "nap time".

leigh
02-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Well, I do pretty much sit all day at home playing with LightWave at the moment, but it would be nice to actually do that as a 9 to 5 job :D

Alas soon things must change, and I will have to go back to working fulltime...

wgreenlee1
02-21-2003, 10:36 PM
people who are smart, flexible, have integrity, and are continually seeking to improve themselves,

Well....that counts me out......:rolleyes:

WireframeZ
02-21-2003, 10:39 PM
We are mostly Graphics, modelers, animators and Artists that is Job for Programmers

fourd
02-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Well....that counts me out......

roflol... Crap, I missed that part.

wgreenlee1
02-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by WireframeZ
We are mostly Graphics, modelers, animators and Artists that is Job for Programmers

Yeah really,when theres a posting for a "Galk at the monitor,stay up late drinking coffee,sleep all day Engineer" then I might apply..... :thumbsup:

fourd
02-21-2003, 10:48 PM
They have tech rep and customer service postions open as well. I would like to get into the tech rep position and work into marketing in a few years.

gruvsyco
02-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Too bad they closed their Bay Area office. I think working for Newtek would be the second coolest job on the planet (Pixar being number 1).

After being in IT support for so long and having been passionate about graphics since my days on the C64, Newtek's Tech Support and Customer Service jobs sound like my cup of tea.

Bytehawk
02-21-2003, 11:03 PM
I would love to help Newtek out. Pitty I have a full time job and am not in texas atm

Nonproductive
02-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by froggyplat
just don't tell the guys at the construction site that it's "nap time".

hehe, I did once tell them that they needed to use their "Inside voices" when two guys were having a screaming match...they were less than amused.

jan_muentinga
02-22-2003, 11:51 AM
didnt anyone notice that the descriptions are like a development-roadmap?
take a closer look!

jan_muentinga
02-22-2003, 11:56 AM
sweet*

Curved surfaces including sub-division surfaces, n-patches and Bezier patches.
Procedural geometry.
UV mapping techniques.
Edge and polygonal based geometry manipulations.
Procedural geometry manipulations.
Volume manipulations of geometry.
Boolean operations on geometry.
Hardware acceleration including vertex shaders.
Real-time and interactive geometry manipulations.
Understanding of games related formats and technologies.
Strong understanding of user interface design and work-flow.

Practical experience of Scan-line rendering and Ray tracing techniques.
Ray / surface intersection techniques.
Spatial partitioning techniques.
Lighting and radiosity.
Texturing and texture filtering.
Bump mapping and sub-pixel geometry level deformations.
Image filtering and sample gathering.
Image post processing and 2.5D effects.
Motion blur and depth of field techniques.
Graphics hardware acceleration and pixel shaders.
Some knowledge of the Pixar RenderMan™ or a similar scene description language and architecture.

Spline based animation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.