PDA

View Full Version : Desaturation brush ?

DeeVad
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello,
I work since all a year with painter and I still didn't find a tool of desaturation ( the opposite of "saturation" in "photograph's brushes" ) .
I need it cause I oftenly burn my colors with colors. Someone get an idea ? Thanks !

evanfotis
01-24-2007, 01:00 PM
You can always use the colorize or saturation brush with a gray color and low opacity.

DeeVad
01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
That's make a good solution, I made some interresting test.

I find this too :
Just duplicate the layer, use the image desaturation on all the 1st layer, use the eraser on the second one to let appear desatured area.

But I prefer your solution :) more handy.
Thanks

Jinbrown
01-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi folks,

Credit goes to both David Gell and John Derry for this idea as they've both shared desaturating custom brush variants in one place or another. Where, I can't recall now or I'd provide a link. Here's my version based mostly on what I remember of theirs:

1. Choose the Pens' Flat Color variant and restore it to its default settings.

2. In the Brush Controls' General palette:

Change the Method to Plug-in.
Change the Subcategory to Sat Add Brush.
Move the Grain slider to 0%.
Now you should have a brush variant you can use to desaturate colors.

NOTE:

I chose the Pens' Flat Color variant as the starting point because it's a very basic brush variant. If you don't like the Pens' Flat Color variant as the starting point, try another brush variant you like better and see if that works too.

DeeVad
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks Jinbrown !
You found the perfect setting I needed , I could build my ideal desaturation airbrush for desaturate skin of my characters in the shadows ( cause I always paint with marker to much of red on the skin of character ).
Cool setting, thank again.
I edit the first post.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.