PDA

View Full Version : Detail dissapear

Marzocchi
01-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I've started to work on a picture with some clothing in it and just started out with highlightning and shadowing it, be when I saved the file and send to a friend, he claimed the clothing to be completely black, without any highlights/shadowing. This happend in all formats, even the .psd file appear like that. Same thing happends if I save the file as any format, but everything looks alright when I work with the .psd file.

Any ideas what happend?

Skjoldbroder
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
sounds like different monitor setups (in terms brightness/contrast) to me.

Marzocchi
01-23-2007, 11:24 AM
sounds like different monitor setups (in terms brightness/contrast) to me.

But then how come the details dissapear when I save the image as a jpg, tif or png and try to view it on my own computer?

Skjoldbroder
01-23-2007, 12:54 PM
ah, sorry - I guess I misunderstood.

Does the psd file have an embedded colour profile that would brighten stuff up? If it's only the psd file that has the appropriate look that would explain it. (look in the 'edit' menu under colour settings / profiles) - the photoshop help file can elaborate a bit more on what profiles are.

/M

Marzocchi
01-23-2007, 01:18 PM
ah, sorry - I guess I misunderstood.

Does the psd file have an embedded colour profile that would brighten stuff up? If it's only the psd file that has the appropriate look that would explain it. (look in the 'edit' menu under colour settings / profiles) - the photoshop help file can elaborate a bit more on what profiles are.

/M

Your right, it's set to North American General Purpose instead of Monitor color.

Is there anyway to save the image as an .jpg .png or so without having to redo the whole picture with the Monitor color selected?

Thanks a bunch anyway :)

Neil
01-24-2007, 01:55 AM
try going under image > mode and applying a new color profile.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2007, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.