PDA

View Full Version : LW artists needed for Quake 4

proton
02-21-2003, 08:41 PM
http://finger.planetquake.com/qfplan.asp?userid=khoekstra&id=16157

here is your chance :)

Bytehawk
02-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Now I wish I would have finished that demo of mine instead of just fooling around with LW

Rabid pitbull
02-22-2003, 12:44 AM
wow not a single mention of max in that whole listing!!:thumbsup:

looks like things may be changing.:D

proton
02-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Doom 3 and Quake 4, and now the even Digital Extremes has dropped max

leigh
02-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Doom 3 looks incredible :D

proton
02-22-2003, 01:00 AM
yes it does....I hope to have some Doom 3 stuff to show at GDC.....well see what happens...:shrug:

Miyazaki
02-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Has anybody seen the video interview with John Carmack and the other guys of id talking about the developing of Doom(3)?
At the end it shows the 3D modeler and animators at work. Using LW for modeling(of course :beer: ) and Maya for the animation parts.
The game itself looks incredible. Hope the storyline will be as good as the engine.

mage111
02-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
Doom 3 looks incredible :D

no offence, but thats an understatment lol ;-).

ok i thought UT2003 was gonna look great, and the same with Unreal2, and ok yeah currently they are probably the games with the most eyecandy for the buck so to speak...

but what john carmack has done with the doom3 engine is flabbergasting (had to use something other then unreal ;-))

i know i'll be :beer: with my buddies when i purchase this game... it'll be great times.... on my ATi Radeon 32meg ddr lol

for me, doom3 isnt going to be a 80-90$ game, its going to be a 600+ game :p

waiting for next generation of radeons then purchase doom3 if its out then...

john is trully an icon for nerds.

edit: took out my idea about the doom3 engine being builtup from a stripped down version of quake3 rendering engine... i got no factual proof to show :/

damn, owell it still looks beautiful

Sil3
02-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mage111
no offence, but thats an understatment lol ;-).

ok i thought UT2003 was gonna look great, and the same with Unreal2, and ok yeah currently they are probably the games with the most eyecandy for the buck so to speak...

Unfortunatly Games are getting like Hollywood movies, too much eye candy... :hmm:

UT2003 looks amazing, but just ask any UT player out there, and they will say to you that the game is a lot weaker in gameplay compared to itīs ancestor.

Sil3

mage111
02-22-2003, 08:17 PM
havent asked myself that, but your completely right (ive got both the games i mentioned btw)

and there is only 1 map im trully impressed with and its antalus, that other 'a' named level in your original selection of maps (never can remember it)...

those are the only 2 maps i enjoy playing, but antalus still takes the cake for being wikkid;-).

ive downloaded a good share of user created maps aswell and still havent found anything worthy of playing over n over like antalus. which sucks. it really sucks because in time i know i will get super bored of this map... and its not even a hugely popular one when looking for DM servers.

and, thats just maps too.
the weapons in UT2k3 are much different then that of UT, even the ones that stayed on board feel alot different (for the worse). with antalus and instagib (sometimes low grav) it provides a sick game :-) though and i love it hehe

oh yeah, did i mention my friends and i only really need, the DEMO... :-( sad to think they put 'all' there great work into the demo lol.

owell i heard theres gonna be some kinda pack coming out bringing back some of the classic castle maps. hopefully that helps in bringing more maps to the table in order to play

nough rambling from me though ;-). peace

Dreamwave
02-22-2003, 09:35 PM
cool...but my ultimate job would still be WETA Digital...or for games Blizzard's cinematics...

mage111
02-23-2003, 05:20 AM
WETA lol, damn straight! the work they've done is phenominal, really put them on the map so to speak

personally bioware would be my end all be all. reguardless of pay. they changed my life.

but then im also going to skool to be a web designer, not a 3d modeler or animator or anything like that, so i doubt i'll get nere them...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.