PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Suns

Dave3D
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
im trying to do an alien planet with multiple suns but only the orignal one shows up sky, the second lights the scene but doesnt add it to the sky??? is there a way to get round it or is it just a feature that isnt supported :sad:

any ideas

temporalvistasquash
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I've tried several ways to get a second sun in vue. Even with Vue 6 and translucent spheres with a light in it. But it all doesn't even nearly come close to a realistic sun. I think your best bet therefore is with adding a sun during post production.

Dave3D
01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
yeah thats pritty much what ive found, im not getting too bad results if I render one image, then move the sun and render that image. Then with touch of photoshop magic you can put both suns and lighting infomation into one image.

But really you should be able to have two or more suns im sure its not to hard for them to code in :shrug:

temporalvistasquash
01-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Having more than one sun in the scene is definitely a feature that I'd like to see! Imagine those great Tatooine sunsets! :)

I'd also like to see a true isometric camera (like Carrara has) and an option to render displacement mapping only near the camera (with setable distance), since displacement mapping is THE CPU killer!

But before all that maybe E-on should sort out their bugs! Vue crashed since v1 and it still crashes happily in v6 no matter what I do. I just need to grimly look at the app and it will crash!
But now I'm getting off topic.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2007, 02:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.