PDA

View Full Version : Scene: over the curve stones

jeroentje
02-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Seems like I'm on a roll again :)
Here's a piece I did today in Painter Classic. Took me about 2 1/2 hours.
I tried to work in Sleepless's rendering style but he... no one can beat the master ;)

Hadn't done any cars for ages btw, (did a couple too may when I was 18 ;) ). And yes I used a photo for ref.
Cheers, Jeroentje :beer:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/superjeroentje/ferrari.jpg

wildsheepchase
02-22-2003, 05:31 AM
Hey! It looks pretty good! I wish the driver didn't blend in so much with the car, though. You really seem to be successful with whatever style you render in:thumbsup:

Mangled Poly
02-22-2003, 06:09 AM
love it! love f1s AWESOME!

Kirt
02-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Ooooo ... I love cars! I did quite a few of those when I was young too. Scary how we keep having these simularities. Separated at birth? :D

I like your illustration and I can definately see the Sleepless influences in there (mainly the background and colored outlines). Nicely done! :thumbsup:

It could convey a bit more speed though. The car looks parked rather than ripping around a corner at 100+ mph (sorry, I don't know what that is in kph). Maybe a bit more speed blur on the curb stripes, throwing some dirt up from the tires or sense of motion with the background?

I like the European exotics and American muscle cars ... paint one of those next. :D :thumbsup:

jeroentje
02-24-2003, 07:30 AM

@Kirt
Yes, a bit of dirt and motion might do it good. Thanks for the crit.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.