PDA

View Full Version : Error while passing arguements

scazmaniac
01-22-2007, 01:42 PM
hello im having trouble with a few modelling issue. At the moment i have my character and am now in the process of texturing him. However when I select certain faces of the body it comes up with this error message

Error while passing arguements

it doesn't give any tips or hints on to overcome this so i was wondering if any of you smart people know how to beat this?

cheers

GregOconn
01-23-2007, 12:59 AM
hey scaz,

It might be able easier to help if we know what program you are using?

scazmaniac
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
im cureently using maya 7.0

GregOconn
01-24-2007, 05:07 PM
I havn't come across this problem personally. Do you remember the steps you took to cause the problem in the first place?

It is possable you have non-manifold geometry, perhaps try a cleanup (Polygons>Cleanup) on your model, that could help.

scazmaniac
01-24-2007, 09:06 PM
ive been constantly changing the colours of some of my faces to see what works better and i think its a case of ive done it so much that its not begining to accept the changes. its so frustrating now, i just wanna get cracking with the rigging. arghhhhhhh!!!

GregOconn
01-27-2007, 05:14 AM
ive been constantly changing the colours of some of my faces to see what works better and i think its a case of ive done it so much that its not begining to accept the changes.

I very much doubt this is the case. Perhaps I might be able to help you more if you post exactly what your are trying to do, and exactly what is happening to prevent you from doing it. Get down to the gritty details aswell, as it will be easier to problem solve. If I can't help you then. Maybie its a good idea to post up a copy of your scene file and if I get the time I can trouble shoot it on my end.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2007, 05:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.