PDA

View Full Version : Canvas turns white and refreshes constantly

klingspor
01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Hi there,

I'm having some trouble running Painter on my iMac: I'm using Bootcamp to run Windows and everything works well, except for Painter. I've tested version IX and IX.5.

The problem is that when painting long brush strokes, the area around the stroke turns to white, thereby making it impossible to see what's already been painted. Occasionally, the canvas also just flickers for no reason.
Painting inside a selection rectangle alleviates the problem somewhat, but it stills blanks out frequently.

It sort of looks like a graphics driver issue, but since everything else (Maya, Photoshop, etc) works just fine, I'm thinking that it must be a problem with Painter. FWIW, the card is an ATI x1600 with the official drivers provided by Apple.

Has anyone else experienced this or perhaps an idea how to fix it? It's very irritating and makes working in the software nearly impossible.

Stefan

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.