PDA

View Full Version : help joining 2 meshes plz

Highcommander
01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
hey all im VERY new to 3Ds Max, im using version 9

I need to join two meshes with an uneven number of verts and size/shape. I was hoping there was an easy way to do this, can someone please explain a step by step for doing this? here is the image of the mesh:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j270/HighCommander/example.jpg

keep inmind that the bottom part is a lathe modified line of verts and the top is a mirrored mod with surface that i converted to a mesh.

if you need to look at the mesh let me know and i can email it to you/ leave your email addy plz

thanks for the help / and if u talk about specifics please describe how to do it in detail.

Highcommander
01-22-2007, 10:44 PM
hate to bump... lmao kinda... but anyone have any ideas?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
01-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Add an Edit_Poly modifier, or convert to Editable_Poly. Go to Border Sub-Object mode. Select the open borders and use the Bridge command.

-Eric

Highcommander
01-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Add an Edit_Poly modifier, or convert to Editable_Poly. Go to Border Sub-Object mode. Select the open borders and use the Bridge command.

-Eric

thanks just got that advice on another forum, problem is the edit poly mode makes the mesh very blocking and nolonger smooth, however the bridge command seems to work, perhaps you know of a workaround for this?

scrimski
01-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Use smoothing groups or a smooth modifier

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2007, 11:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.