PDA

View Full Version : Bound Demon, Joe Wampole Joe (3D)

JoeWamp
01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/263594/263594_1169421832_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/263594/263594_1169421832_large.jpg)

Title: Bound Demon
Name: Joe Wampole Joe
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, ZBrush

Base model was created in max. Model detail and texturing was done in zbrush. Environment and animation was Max as well, with a bit of post editing in Premiere for the animation (as can be seen on my site www.3dprofessional.com).

edcorusa
01-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Very goo work. I love the textures.

DrMuerte22
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
it needs to be lit better. right now it is really hard to tell what is going on

JoeWamp
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
it needs to be lit better. right now it is really hard to tell what is going on

Hmm...those shots are stills from the animation which I intentionally wanted to be somewhat dark and obscured due to the subject matter. Howver, I think you're right that it doesn't translate as well in the still images.

On my site I include a more ambient lit scene to show the model clearly. I attached it below, but I don't think it's "arty" enough to submit to the gallery.

Thanks for the comments.

shkumbinferizi
01-23-2007, 01:18 AM
great texturing, absolutely rocks

MarcoTomaselli
01-23-2007, 04:57 AM
great model man...see my demon in my portfolio too...but i made only the head....

congrats

JoeWamp
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
great model man...see my demon in my portfolio too...but i made only the head....

congrats

Thanks. You mean "Trew Monster"? I dig the glossy black eyes and the skin looks pretty sick (in a good way).

I don't know your intention but I expected to see a menacing demeanor - instead the head looks very young and/or sickly (like he belongs in a hospital bed). Of course, if that was your intention, you suceeded.

But if you want him to look mean, I'd recommend looking at pictures of animals in the real world that have a threatening look - wolves, crocodiles, etc. Then give it a human slant by incorporating some subtlety. Possibly look at villians from comic books to help with that.

Again, if that wasn't your intention, disregard my comments.

By the way, you're demo reel has some extremely nice multimedia stuff. Nice work.

Tugelbend
01-25-2007, 08:40 AM
I love the atmosphere in the vid (as well as on your website d:). The demon could be straight out of one of my nightmares,.. absolutely great although I'd like it even more unhuman, but thats just my opinion.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2007, 08:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.