PDA

View Full Version : Why is my canvas light aqua

JanePlain
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I have new copy of painter IX when I opened it the canvas is light aqua the color wheel is aqua and blue and it has no other color just dark to light aqua and blue HELP I do not know what or why this is happening

brenly
01-22-2007, 03:28 AM
sounds like it could be your graphics card ..
also check under preferences>operating system>Display options ... try playing with the setting.
good luck

Jinbrown
01-22-2007, 03:33 AM
I have new copy of painter IX when I opened it the canvas is light aqua the color wheel is aqua and blue and it has no other color just dark to light aqua and blue HELP I do not know what or why this is happening

Easy fix:

Close Painter, then set your screen colors to 24 bit or higher and the blue/green problem should vanish.

MrPrice
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
sounds like you need to adjust the color temperature of your monitor if you have an invidia card run the optimisation wizard to correct this other wise use adobe gamma in control panel or you could adjust the color temperature mannually using the buttons on your monitor i beleive 4500 kelvin is standard for daylight hope this helps.

remcv8
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's something to check out. Go to Edit/Preferences/Operating System... there will be a printing option and display option. Make sure that the Display option is unchecked for no device dependant bitmaps. That's what it sounds like to me, because I had this problem before.

Edit: I see that "brenly" posted this as well.

Definately sounds like the problem though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.