PDA

View Full Version : A Spanish Street, Siquier (3D)

siquier
02-21-2003, 03:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3116/calle_capitan_final_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3116/calle_capitan_final.jpg)

Hi folks
A Spanish street. Maybe I continue working.
Suggestions are welcome
http://www.juansiquier.com/images/calle_capitan.jpg

And the photo:
http://www.juansiquier.com/in_progress/hermanos_falco_foto.jpg

Supernova
02-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Really nice...
I think the trafic sign could use some tweaks....
How did you do the bushes? Are these particles?

onelung
02-21-2003, 04:16 PM
looking good, yea the sign, and the light could use some work, and try and destaturate almost everything, things in real life are usualy pretty desaturated, nice, very close to the pic..... wheres the car? ha. keep up the good work

gills
02-21-2003, 05:40 PM
excellent textures. what proggie did you use? any plugins?

grihan
02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Very good textures and lightning! I like more the degradation of the road in the render than in the photo! :)
You could improve the tree at the left of the image...it makes the image a little less realistic...

Bueno, un saludo!

lil' rothko
02-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Wow, that looks excellent. I love the road texture. Very nice. As said before, i think the sign and maybe the tree are the only things that need some work. The sign looks like it's self-illuminated. Other than that, it's fantastic.

:applause:

uday
02-21-2003, 08:46 PM
its pretty nice....:beer:

biffen
02-21-2003, 10:25 PM
It looks pretty great already, but I think it could be more realistic. My suggestion is to "tear up" your primitives a bit more. The curb and buildings and wall have chips and cracks in them. And each seaction should be imperfect and unique.

Basically, if you make your scene crappier, then it would look better. Looks good already though! :thumbsup:

Gremlin
02-21-2003, 11:01 PM
looks good, but background buildings need a bit more detail!

chot
02-21-2003, 11:27 PM
realy good. but i think the houses in the background need a bit more work, they kind of brings down the whole scene as they are now. but, as i said, the rest is perfekt. :thumbsup:

FrageNSTEIN
02-21-2003, 11:33 PM
I like that alot... too bad i did not make it, I'd throw my Ferrari Enzo in there.. hehe.

Drew

siquier
02-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Well... send me your Ferrari an I´ll put in the Captain Street. :buttrock:

FrageNSTEIN
02-22-2003, 12:24 AM
hehe, sure thing, when it's released. You have AIM or MSN?

Drew

robin
02-22-2003, 12:36 AM
Nice Show !!!

i really like :wip:

Rmortis
02-22-2003, 12:39 AM
hi, this image rocks

o que es lo mismo ande esta la roca flotante??

un saludo.

DaJuice
02-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Wow, really good siquier. Was this by any chance rendered with Arnold?

Matt
02-22-2003, 01:19 AM
red x

siquier
02-22-2003, 01:23 AM
How did you do the bushes? Are these particles?
I have used "Onix Tree Pro" editing the "hairstyle" at subobject/polygon
The sign looks like it's self-illuminated
Yes, the signs they have that effect, see the photo :)
The curb and buildings and wall have chips and cracks in them. And each seaction should be imperfect and unique.
I agree, I will attempt it, thanks :thumbsup:
i think the houses in the background need a bit more work
I agree, I am fixing it, Thanks

In today's day I will post an update with your suggestions, thanks again. :thumbsup:

haluk
02-22-2003, 01:58 AM
very clean work,:thumbsup:

stephen2002
02-22-2003, 02:05 AM
except for the background buildings the picture is very belivable.

jadedchron
02-22-2003, 03:51 AM
no picture(s). must be a bandwidth problem

rickycox
02-22-2003, 05:18 AM
Mmmm really nice, I love the feel. Maybe some of this stuff has been mentioned already?? Not sure??

Some parts of the Scene look too clean, you need to breakup the flat red surface of the sign, add some scuff marks, scratches etc. Also I think you need more detail between where line where the footpath and the fence meets up.

I'm just looking at the 3D version not the photo, but that gutter looks way too clean, which makes it look CG. You would imagine that water run off over the years would leave darkened marks here. You can add lots of grime and still keep that clean feel. More grime will add history, detail and a sense of scale.

Also I'd think of ways to breakup any rpeating patterns and elements, such as the window slats, which look to uniform and regular. You need to add some irregularities, else they'll look like clones and the eye picks that up automatically.

jadedchron
02-22-2003, 06:22 AM
yeah, not everything is always irregular tho. i would say that the photo looks less saturated and a lil more sharp than the cg pic. however, if you're not trying to duplicate the picture then :thumbsup:

shaangfx
02-22-2003, 07:04 AM
really nice show..
may be can do that trees add in and the car too!:shrug: :beer: :thumbsup:

Oktavian
02-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Sadly there are no more pictures.

siquier
02-22-2003, 09:36 AM
well... here is the final pic.
Thanks for everything and I hope you like:
http://webs.ono.com/usr000/sik/in_progress/calle_capitan_final.jpg
Some data:
Soft: 3D Studio MAX R5, Onix Tree Pro, Brazil r/s, Photoshop
RenderTime: 4:48:26 at 1.600 px
Polygons: 494.731
Textures: All painted with Photoshop brushes except, the signs the brick and the door.
WorkTime: 5 days

Antilles
02-22-2003, 09:38 AM
I absolutely love the picture and i think it can be better if you add some detail and irregularities to things to break up the clean surfaces, especially in the background houses.

However, I really think you should leave the window slats or bars(the white ones) as is, not everything needs to be bent or scratched or blown apart or rusted. In fact, if you do mess them up I think it would throw the realism off slightly, like its bent just to be bent. Furthermore, I went outside earlier today and looked specifically at the window bars on about 5-6 houses and they all looked exactly like what you have. So good job!

Hollis J Wood
02-22-2003, 09:49 AM
Thats just tooo kooool

velinje
02-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Nice work, make the car to.. then I would be really impressed!!!! :D .. I mean.. not that I'm not impressed already... but OMG .. that would be cool :)

juanjgon
02-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Incredible work ... love texture painting and lighting ... perhaps more "noise" in building geometry to make it more inregular could improve realism, but image is o.k.

Es un gran trabajo :bounce:

Regards,

hanni`
02-22-2003, 10:48 AM
i like this rendering, but its too clean for me, it doesn't look perfect now.
:thumbsup:

ODD
02-22-2003, 11:45 AM
where is the pic? can only see a red X :(

siquier
02-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Red X ???
Try it here:
http://www.juansiquier.com/render/calle_capitan.htm

aenema
02-22-2003, 12:23 PM
i really like this, very good job at replicating the real environment in 3d :buttrock:

jussing
02-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by siquier
Red X ???
Try it here:
http://www.juansiquier.com/render/calle_capitan.htm

This picture just doesn't want me to see it... I've gotten red X'es all afternoon, and that URL doesn't work for me, I get "Page currently unavailable"... :-(

Why not upload a 30K version to CGtalk instead of hosting it?

Cheers anyway,
- jonas

Zoltan_cs
02-22-2003, 01:03 PM
excellent really !!!!

siquier
02-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Why not upload a 30K version to CGtalk instead of hosting it?

Of course, but the quality has decreased a lot :shrug:

eh
02-22-2003, 04:52 PM
omg, thats amazing. The perspective proportions lighting and texturing all are amazing, wow.:drool:

JonM
02-22-2003, 05:17 PM
siquier,
I been through your site, do you sleep?

also for the scene, its fantastic, but I would work on the buildings in the backround, texture them or something :D

dark_lotus
02-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Heh, I showed that image to a friend of mine, and they said "Where was that photo taken?".

I think thats the ultimate compliment. I can't do any better. AWESOME!!!!!!

(well at least i tried :p)

Keep up the great work!

jadedchron
02-22-2003, 06:06 PM
i think the red sign is what throws me off.. maybe a weee bit darker?

Aggro - Thingy
02-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jadedchron
i think the red sign is what throws me off.. maybe a weee bit darker?

I agree, also I think it could use either some dirt or some scratches, some "flaws".

Still, wonderful!

leobarttz
02-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Very impresive work.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you used unwrap and painted the textures?

plaguelord
02-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Amazing!
can you post a wire??
how you get that lighting??

jussing
02-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Oomph!! :thumbsup: It's as good as people say!

Yeah, I suppose you feel like murdering your own art by decreading it to 30K, but hey, I never saw the original so I don't know what I'm missing! ;)

Anyway, really nice work! And thanks for uploading the 30K version.

Cheers,
- jonas

PotatoHead
02-23-2003, 02:50 PM
excellent, i would have thought it was a photo if it werent for the fact that you posted it in this forum!:thumbsup: :beer:

Johra
02-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Awsome! :buttrock:

I agree with the others about the red sign though...could use some more scrathes on it.

Keep it up! :beer:

pabbloz
02-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi Siquier

I've seen you have plugged in the main page... so I've discovered this thread now. But I haven't could see the pic yet, just the low-quality image you attached... but not enought to appreciate details... it just seems like a photo... :shrug: :thumbsup:
I think is very well done... but I hope you fix your web-host (because doesn't work too) and then we can see the image again! :)

Regards!

termlimit
02-23-2003, 06:04 PM
I am really impressed with the image. Looks very realistic,
2 things:

1. The buildings in the background seem a little off for me. DOF maybe, not enough detial perhaps.. Something. Could be the lighting.

2. The street sign and the far left tree, bring down the saturation, the sign seems like it glows. The tree shines..

Very good work though

roromx
02-23-2003, 10:45 PM
wooow

solo ponle mas hojas al arbol, y te falto un arbol dentro de la casa no?

lo unico que no me sigue gustando es el edificio del fondo, se ve raro

:thumbsup:

JACRIP
02-23-2003, 10:54 PM
A shame, but I cannot see your work nor your webpage, could you send them again, please? I've only been able to see them very little in the news.

Una pena, no puedo ver tu trabajo ni tu pagina, si puedes colgarlas de nuevo porfavor. solo he podido verlo en pequeño en las noticias.

Un Saludo.

siquier
02-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Apparently it has not worked my hosting and I didn't know it :annoyed: , I have upload the image to a free host while I solve the other one
Sorry folks:shrug:

joie
02-24-2003, 08:11 AM
I like it pretty much, you´ve cach the spanish environment, the sign is much lighter than everything and the tree looks a bit weird to me, but don´t know why, btw awesome work

Superb!

:)

lildragon
02-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Its a marvelous piece, and I was fooled for a split second while I searched for cg elements and then the sign showed up :) Just age the sign more and you'll have a classic piece. Worthy of a hall of fame spot I'd say :thumbsup:

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Very very nice work!.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_feb03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

siquier
02-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Thanks, I wanted many to obtain this award, I will work the sign.
Really this it is a great forum and I feel very honest of being in the Hall of fame.
:beer:

JACRIP
02-26-2003, 08:50 AM
guau. genial, porfin he podido verla esta muy bien, que buen render, si tuviese que poner una pega diria que ensuciases la señal de trafico, esta muy en primer plano y aqui en españa por lo menos, no estan tan limpitas, :p ,jejeje

Guau, cool!. Finally i saw the photo and i think is great. A great render. I see a little detail in the sign, i think is too clean, in Spain that type of signs are too filthy :p , jejeje

ja3d
02-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Good work Juan, I like the atmosphere and the textures, only one thing it´s wrong for me, the traffic signal looks no real, the texture it´s too difusse, for me need more level in specular map.

Congratulations for the award!!!

Saludos. :thumbsup:

theartspark
02-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Great looking scene!! Just the sign and signpost needs a little something, they look out of place with the rest of the great looking stuff you have going on in there. Great Job, keep up the good work!! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.