PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 3: FF7: Omega-Weapon

SPyDeR WeBz
02-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Hey all

I Will be modeling Omega Weapon From final fantasy. When i first saw omega i was stunned at his power he destroyed my team drastically with out remorse. I feel he should be touched up.

Here's the Ref. image.
http://www.geocities.com/spyderwebz2003/TEMP/omega_weapon.txt

SPyDeR WeBz
02-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Critic & comments welcome.

This is my progress as of yesterday.

>>>PAGE TWO UPDATE<<<

I might run out of bandwidth. I also tried to upload but it kept saying my file was too big when it was 45kb.

Oh yea hey all i'm new :) You guys are modeling guru's.

Cya
SPyDeR

ckaos@om
02-21-2003, 03:28 PM
excelent choice !
Interested to see how this will turn out !
welcome and keep it up!

DaKrunch
02-21-2003, 04:34 PM
hehe that's a monster i never could slay...

good choice!

Loveless
02-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Isn't Omega from 8?

moose droppings
02-22-2003, 02:27 AM
yea. ruby and emrald are in 7, as well as ultimate. :)

heh. im a geek

SPyDeR WeBz
02-22-2003, 05:40 AM
Hey me again.

Da Krunch & ckaos@om thanx for your comments toward the character choice.

I didn't make it to him in ff8 but i finished ff7 i took him out :)
After 300 trys 'lmao'.

Perhaps if anyone has this figurine could they provide me with images to better fit the actual character?.
Just wondering

tpe
02-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Sorry cant help with the images, this is a new character to me, but it looks like a good one. I think that the concept is a really difficult task to put well in 3d, if for no other reason than the combination of human upper and animal lower body is so difficult to pull off. they have done reasonably well but some reason i havnt seen any that are totally convincing, with the possible exception of jason and the argaonauts. The mesh is looking great especially concidering how difficult the model is so really good luck with it (still rather youthan me though :)).

tpe

wanzai
02-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I seem to remember that you only get to fight the Omega Weapon in FF8, but not in FF7, since he is destroyed by that huge cannon Sister Ray, right after his entry...

I guess I'm even more a freak... even know the name of that [pieeep] cannon. Used to love that series.

No images on him? Why don't you simply put in the game again and see him "live" since you're only remodeling him.

Loveless
02-23-2003, 05:32 AM
http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/omegaweapon8-b.jpg

and

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/450.shtml

and go here
http://ffwa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

Register, post a message asking for pics.

SPyDeR WeBz
02-23-2003, 04:21 PM
:applause:

I've done some more work on him, he's almost finished.

Thou i dislike my poly usage. I'm stumped on how to fix them right now but oh well.

Loveless man oh man you blessed me with those figure images.
Woohoo wow their good with the detail i need.

I've used the image that's shown for my new update here:

>>>>>>>>>>>EDITED TO BOTTUM<<<<<<<<<<<<

I don't know much on how to make good renders:shrug: wish i did.

So theirs the new update the lower model doesn't have paws just yet workin on those now.

He's around 1800 more or less which is good because i want to add more detail, but the top model doesn't have a head and theirs still no paws or lower body armor.

He has the shoulder armor if u can see it.

So comments please should i provide a new render wireframe flat ect.?

Cya
SPyDeR WeBz

Edit :) thanx tpe yea i agree with you on the human animal combinations out lately. Pior made that cute squirel model that was pretty cool.

wanzi i think he was in both cause i remmeber him in a cave holding the ultimate weapon in ff7 that's how i remmeber him he beat me unmercifully Iím still scared muhaaha. A little bit o fun.

More updates to come folks.

Loveless
02-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Looks gr8 so far! I'll keep trying to look for more pics...

SPyDeR WeBz
02-25-2003, 03:21 AM
:eek:

>>>>>>>>EDITED FOR BETTER IMAGE<<<<<<<,

Let me know what i should do, change, add ect.

I don't think the render shows much.

Could anyone give me a link to how to make nice renders :scream:

I got brazil but it makes weird black spots on his wings.

Cya Please comment

SPyDeR

Loveless
02-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Man looks gr8 so far! The head and front legs look a bit strange...I saw ffwa was working for you eh? Its a cool place, been there for almost 4 years.

DaKrunch
02-25-2003, 11:22 AM
very cool...
hey what about a wireframe view?
... how many polys so far?

tpe
02-25-2003, 11:39 AM
He is getting sweet, how about a wire frame as it is difficult to find fault with smooth shaded?
Doing a pretty render is difficult question, i was wondering what we were allowed to use (shadows spec etc). I guess you are using max, in which case one of the older (free) versions of brazil is probably the best and i think you can get rid of the black spots by setting the sampling rate up (sorry lw speak) making sure the material is totally smoothed (180) and using AA but it will take longer to render. Otherwise there are some nice gi script on http://www.scriptspot.com/start.htm or www.3dmax.org.
If you are using Lightwave, i can send you some lit scenes to play with.

tpe

12dreamz
02-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure about your reference choice.
The guys at Square are at such a high level that remodeling
one of their designs is the hardest thing.

Especially the "anatomical structure" of the Weapon you are
targeting is very complex. Your upper portion of the body doesn't
seem to play with the lower one. Perhaps you should think of it as an extension of the skull.

The same goes for the extremities of the lower beast imho
more bulk would'nt do any harm to them.But as I already mentioned anatomy is the challenge here.

Nevertheless it's good to see some FF nuts around here :buttrock: .

SPyDeR WeBz
02-26-2003, 04:57 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<<BELOW>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey guys, so here's the update the model is 2196 polys and i think i need to redo the head BUT i only have one shot of his face from the side, so it's hard to create it over. The other lower half of him was easy cause his head was so big :).

Here's the pic of head:

http://www.geocities.com/neo_slipstream/other/omega7.jpg
Help me with it.

At one point i wanted to do the whole model over but thats just silly.

Here's an all sides view. If it's too small save it and resize it.

>>EDITED AGAIN<<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Da Krunch: i've provided your comment with answers above. Thanx for the post.

TPE: Dude :) you've surprised me with comments over at this end. I kind of feel like a fanboy noob in the polycount forums I get no comments from the older guys. Older as in been their a long time, But i've been their for 2 years :) on the low just recently posted. I'll try that rendering info you've posted bout the spots. Hope it works.

Naw i don't got LW thanx for your friendly gesture to assist me with my rendering noobiness:thumbsup:. Hope to hear/see more from you. Oh i'm sure that site will come in handy i have skimmed it and it seems very useful just have to have time to check it.

12dreamz: Ya man it is hard but it's a great challenge to pull of, i give credit to soul he did a spectacular job on his FF model and he's just a talented guy i admire him. "he's good".

Yea i'm a FF case=). Please explain what you mean throughly by drawing on my provided updated shots of the model.

Thanx guys and hope to hear from all of you again.

Loveless man that place came in handy thanx again.:hmm:

tpe
02-26-2003, 08:34 AM
He is looking amazingly good. well done for getting such a difficult subject into 3d with so few tris. If i should find any fault it would be around the neck of the lower character, it looks like it may produce quite a bit of distortion in the neck as the head moves. you have a lot of tris to spare so maybe ou could put some more in there just to reduce the distortion? the only other places i can see are in the tail, if you bend it it may start to look a bit square as there arent that many tris in it, and on the top side of the hand on the lower character. every where else it looks like it would deform a dream. great stuff. as for PC, its a small community where everyone spends a lot of time chatting on irc, so people tend to reply most to the ones that they chat to (I think) i dont ususally get much responce there so i hope it does not have anything to do with quality of work?!*?#! :)

tpe

SPyDeR WeBz
02-27-2003, 05:34 AM
Hey again ladies and gents.

This is Omega/Ultimate Weapon from Final Fantasy if your new to my post 'pimp'.

I wanted to model this character for sometime now, other subject/prodjects that came up with held me from creating the model.

Time went by and then the cg talk game art section paved way to it's re-appearence and recreation with this competition.

Now here is the model:
http://www.geocities.com/spyderwebz2003/TEMP/ow.txt
Wire Frame here:
Old-WireFrame (http://www.geocities.com/spyderwebz2003/TEMP/Wire-O-W-Wip.txt)
C&C Always welcome and is much needed.

I've updated it TPE the red arrow is the problem i get when rendering. I also took your comments into consideration and edited the model by them so now Polycount is 2270.

I did what you mentioned and still 'Black spots' :(.

The CG poly limit is 2500 so i will probably use up the rest somewhere.
Were would it be needed?

Here are the refrence image i used:
HERE #1 (http://www.ffcompendium.com/~Skylark/ff8/OmegaWeapon.jpg)
HERE #2 (http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/kotobukiya/omega_weapon.jpg)
HERE #3 (http://www.justbetoys.com/misc/omegaweapon.jpg)

Thanx peeps.

tpe
02-27-2003, 08:26 AM
David the guy sitting next to me has had more experience with brazil and he says that it is unlikly to be the sampling size (ok i was wrong again lol, ill just thump him a bit for now) as you dont get the same problem in other areas, he said that it could either be two sets of polygones in the same place (so you get some kind of fighting, or that its a bug in the alpha version.
Hope it helps, but we still have to find out how we are alowed to render the thing in the end :/.

tpe

12dreamz
02-27-2003, 11:45 AM
have sent you a private message in case you haven't noticed yet

mlykke
02-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Brazil 0.2.25 is a bit old.

Try Brazil PUB TEST 0.4.53

http://www.splutterfish.com/download/Brazil_test_0_4_53.zip

And no... the pub test version is ->NOT<- a demo version of the full brazil r/s 1.

SPyDeR WeBz
02-27-2003, 03:12 PM
TPE, david is right cause i do sorta have two rows of polygons one for the outside of the wings and for the inside wings, understand?:surprised:

Yea we gotta find out, i don't think we can use any fancy stuff maybe only for one rendering 'i think' and that would be the impact pose or somthing.:argh:

I've sent an e-mail to you 12dreams, hope ya got it.

Thanx mlykke i'll test it out and yea my version is old, but it's all i got until now:drool:.

DARK_DRAGON
02-28-2003, 02:34 AM
WEll,, the easiest way to cheeze omega in ff7 (if i remember this correctly) is just using KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND, and MIME, and the one that makes you cast faster!
kill him without even tryin.....

oh and the choice is sick!!! omega is hellacool...

MrHappyPants
03-02-2003, 11:05 AM
whoa I cant keep up with all these updates :eek: this ones pretty cool, I cant comment on too much theres so much going on :buttrock: hopefully in an engine that will work for you. now the texture!

Radacci
05-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Omega, and ultima weapon doesnt look the same, and i think you have them both as references...and those are the only ones i can see, i cant see any of your work anywhere, yahoo just says the page doesnt exist or some stupid thing like that, if there even is a link to the pic! which i only found 1-2 of, and ppl talk about the pic....what pic! cant see any anywhere! :shrug:

Radacci
05-17-2003, 02:55 PM
oh, and ultima and omega weapons have been around for quite some time. i remember meeting him in ff5, cant remember if there was one in ff6, but there was SOME monster that just wouldnt die!
in ff7 there is ultima weapon, which was quite easy, and then emerald and ruby weapons, which are damn hard to kill (unless you cheat and use knight of the round with counter and w-summon and hp drain materia :) you're invincible then!) i fought ruby weapon without KotR...and i died after 2-3 hrs of fighing him...then i *cheated* and killed him in 5 mins :D
In ff8 there are both ultima and omega weapons, ultima isnt to hard, but omega is a pain! took me 30-60 mins to beat him!
In ff9 there is ozma. and in 10 there is ultima, and omega, but they are whimpy! but there are tons of replacement kick-ass monsters in ffx! 30-50 of them actually...

Enough blubbering from my side :) hope to see your work soon!
or if you are nice, you can e-mail them to me:rolleyes:
elmond_ark@hotmail.com

tyio
05-17-2003, 03:40 PM
omega weapon is on FF5 near the end, there are also hyrshiu, the cristal dragon who play fifth time in each round :annoyed:

In FF8, it's monarch that you have, the omega weapon is on deep sea and he has an great sword !

The monarch cost "tetra break", you have to be invicible (with cruisader)...

Nostalgic...

Also, in FFVI, there are noone of their, just the 8 dragon quest and the doom gaze...
FFVII, you have to put 8 materias counter attack master level for each character, i kill emerald in 3'27''!!

Radacci
05-17-2003, 03:46 PM
ultima weapon is in deep sea research :) omega is in ultimecias castle, and if U use defend skill on omega weapon, tetra brak does about 5-7500 dam, with 9999 max, you can survive it.
I think only ultima weapon has a sword, cant remember....

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.