PDA

View Full Version : Texture Reel?

Tumerboy
02-21-2003, 01:51 PM
curious, if you're showing textures on your reel, do you show the texture with the UVs overlayed? or just the texture and trust the viewer to be able to figure it out?
Or fade from one to the other?

Thanks

kamikazerussell
02-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I'd say just the texture page. Anyone in the industry will be able to figure out the UV's just based on how the texture is laid out. Besides, if you're showing your texture maps you're showing off your painting ability. So you wouldn't want the UV layout distracting from that.

Asorson
02-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Also remember that your textures will suffer greatly from compression, or being recorded to vhs. If texturing is one of your selling points I would definitely recommend accompanying the reel with either a cd rom, some high quality prints, or at least links to your website where the textures can be viewed in their full glory.

Tumerboy
02-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys, that's just exactly what I figured, but I thought it would be worth asking other people's opinions.

Erik showing the texture on there will be more of just a way to show that I did paint the texture, it's both a modeling and texturing reel.

Thanks again

Scott, what have you been up to?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.