PDA

View Full Version : Scales problems when scripting

CiaranM
01-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi,
this is a very odd problem. When running the following script:

polySphere;

the resulting sphere (or any other primitive) is scaled to a tiny 0.045 in x, y and z. Creating a primtive through the menu does not cause this problem.

How can I repair this?

Thanks!

Sanctuary
01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
can we see the code you are using ?

mhovland
01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Make sure you go to the options of the poly sphere in the create menu and reset the options. If you are just calling polySphere, it will use the options that are set in the UI.

The other options are:

1) Either set the scale of the polySphere to what yoou want it to be on creation using the -scale flag, or

2) create the polySphere and capture the created spheres' name in a variable, then use the variable to set the scale to what you need it to be.

CiaranM
01-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the help folks.
The code was simply polyShere;

It turns out it was none of your suggestions (my default UI polySphere radius was as it should be).
It turns out that my preference units were set to meters (made sense at the time!)
When creating a primitive via the UI, it would scale normally, but with a MEL the polySphere must have still inherited a 'cm' scaling.

Thanks anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2007, 02:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.