PDA

View Full Version : optical cleanup for one problem

skater363636
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey everyone. I've been having a problem with some of my optical data, for the hands. I decided to try and recapture a scene that had a lot of hand flipping problems and before I did that I create some braces that go on the hands to make the markers on the hands further apart. It really helped a lot and has brought down that amount of swapping on the hands by about 80%. The problem I'm having now and I also had before though is that the markers for the hands tend to seem to float around and not follow the way that should all the time and it seems the last two A and B move to where there almost right next to the forarm because of lagging. They don't actually swap which is the thing but when you look at the actor the hand on the actor looks broken because it has flipped or rotated extremely far. Again though there's no swap. I was wondering what the best way would be to clean this up. I've looked through and it seems like there's only maybe 4 swaps per hand for the two characters instead of the 26 or so I was getting for each hand last time. The only way I've been able to come up to fix this problem is to cut that part of the animation into a segment for those two markers and delete the segment and then either use a curve or a rigid body from the wrist marker to get them to move a little faster to where their supposed to be. Let me know if there's a better way to clean them or if this is the best way to clean it. Also is there a way I can keep this from happening. Thanks a bunch

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.