PDA

View Full Version : fumeFx-dreamscape problem

yuriythebest
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm having strange problems with fumeFx-dreamscape integration, to elaborate here is a test scene:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/442/dreamscapefumefx6bs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

as you can see, fumeFx completly ignores the dreamscape terrain in front of it and acts like the only thing present is the greeble tower. It's strange because both plugins are made by afterworks-satnisinti (is that the correct spelling- a very confusing name).

jacksilverburgh
01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Read the 4. tutorial in FumeFx reference file.
In Obj/SRC, after you select source, select the terrain and change it's type to shell. This should do the trick.

darthviper107
01-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't know if they've addressed how it works with their other plugins, but I'm guessing that it's not been built to work with Dreamscape, and I believe that Afterburn doesn't work well with dreamscape either. If you had to use both, then I would render out each effect separately and composite them in.

JohnnyRandom
01-20-2007, 10:38 PM
strange though:):shrug:

yuriythebest
01-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Read the 4. tutorial in FumeFx reference file.
In Obj/SRC, after you select source, select the terrain and change it's type to shell. This should do the trick.

the ds terrain refuses to be selected. after further experimenting I've concluded that setting the terrain to render as geometry fixes the problem.

Pkonst
01-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Maybe you should buy these plugins and ask for official support?

yuriythebest
01-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe you should buy these plugins and ask for official support?

are you implying that I use pirated software? how rude. For moderators: all my software/plugins are 100% licensed & legal and piracy is bad.

Pkonst
01-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Ask for direct support from developers then, what is the problem?

yuriythebest
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
If you read my above posts you will see that I fixed the problem

dnashj33
01-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Ask for direct support from developers then, what is the problem?

One problem is that some have virtually no support...take Cebas for example. I've been having problems with finalRender Stage 1's Distributed Bucket Render feature not working right with Dreamscape skies. They ignored my support request (I told them that I first contacted TurboSquid, where I bought it and got no answers).

I guess they are too busy trying to port their plugins to Max 9... So they let their support go to the dogs. Afterburn, by the way, just became available for it. Them and Polyboost are about the only plugins I know that are.

yuriythebest
01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
I guess they are too busy trying to port their plugins to Max 9... So they let their support go to the dogs. Afterburn, by the way, just became available for it. Them and Polyboost are about the only plugins I know that are.

actually there are quite a few. I listed just some in the plugins thread "essential plugins"

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.