PDA

View Full Version : Animation Challenge #5: Post progress; Start 1/19/07 End 2/19/07

SirRon
01-20-2007, 01:50 AM
You have two challenges available to you.

1. Your character has lost something valuable.

OR

2. A movie quote from V for Vendetta:
"No more tricks...no more lies....only truth"

Rules:
- Have fun animating!
- Use any rig and any animation software you like.
- Animate with any medium (3D, 2D, or Stop-motion)
- You're open (and encouraged) to post your progress here if you'd like any comments and critiques.
- No time restriction on the animation. Just remember that the more complex it is the longer it will take to finish. Make it by the due date!
- (added 1/22/07) You may add time before and after the audio clip, but please do not change the timing of the audio.
- A separate final submission thread will be created. Post your final animation there. If you finished early then PM me and I'll start it.
- (added 1/24/07) Textures and lighting are optional. Playblasts are acceptable. Just make the acting clear and easy to read.
- (added 2/4/07) The animation any resolution... but keep the file size manageable. Nothing over 20MB definitely. As for codecs, preferably one that's common like quicktime or windows media. My recommendation would be Quicktime and less than 5MB. The audio can also be in mono instead of stereo, that would help keep the size down too.

We'll do this for a month (January 19th - February 19th). Then we'll vote for a week (Feb 19th - Feb 26th). We'll vote for the best animation AND topics for the next challenge.

Feel free to ask a question about the challenge.

We're still figuring out the best way to set up these challenges so bear with us :)

SirRon
01-20-2007, 01:54 AM
This is as much an acting challenge as it is an animation.

Something to think about as you're animating. Ollie Johnston had this question taped on his animation table. "What is the character thinking and why does he feel that way?"

Your character lost something valuable, is he/she thinking that it's big or is it small? How differently would it look to search for your car instead of your keys?

What is he thinking as he's saying "No more tricks...no more lies....only truth"?

Some food for thought as you're animating and acting.

danb
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
This should be fun. So can we change the timing of the animation? You know, like make a longer or shorter pause between each word? Or do we have to leave it the way it is?

SirRon
01-20-2007, 02:05 AM
It would be best to not adjust the audio clip. I remember reading a similar question on 10 Second Club and the answer was that in order to simulate working at a studio the animator is given a fixed audio and deadline, no other way around it.

Good question, I should've mentioned that.

danb
01-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Yeah, that's a good point. I will leave it be. :)

dudeacle
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I like the audio. Its simple, effective, and should be easy to animate to.

Junerahe
01-21-2007, 12:06 AM
This is Mickey Snake/Solid Mouse, and he will be performing "Lost My Damn Cigs" written, directed and animated by yours truly.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Junerahe/Mickeymouse_009.jpg

Abhimation
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey..nice audio clip. Am in for the challenge !!

Wher do we get that Mickey Rig ??? Can we ?? :)

dudeacle
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Cool rig Junerahe :)

blurgh
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Im in as usual... maybe I will finish at least one of these thing. Gonna try making my idea *really simple this time* maybe that will help :p

-Darken

Junerahe
01-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Made it myself. XSI. I'd upload it somewhere if people were interested.. its not taht good a rig anyway.. I just like the model.

Made his co-star as well. Goofy Genome Soldier.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Junerahe/goofy_005.jpg

danb
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I was going to use this character as my animation rig...

http://www.cgfreelance.com/vendetta.jpg

blurgh
01-21-2007, 09:19 PM
*doesnt have fancy rig* :'( i guess ill be relegated to poor old hogan rig...

danb that character is great ! :)

Junerahe im loving the metal gear disney i can see the next kingdom hearts game goign that way..

SirRon
01-22-2007, 04:24 AM
You people and your rigs!!! :eek:

There's nothing wrong with good ole' hogan. I remember days seeing it on AAU animations wishing I had it.

Not to put you guys down, those look like great personal rigs to have :)

Looking forward to seeing all of your animations.

danb
01-22-2007, 04:26 AM
You people and your rigs!!! :eek:

There's nothing wrong with good ole' hogan. I remember days seeing it on AAU animations wishing I had it.

Not to put you guys down, those look like great personal rigs to have :)

Looking forward to seeing all of your animations.

To my amazement i saw the hogan rig on an animated show today. The show was for a religious channel, of all things. Very weird seeing it on tv. Looked very good though.

Nodixal
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
yeah, since my modeling skill is limited ill be only using a Biped hehe, btw cool 4 arm rigs, :D

blurgh
01-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, ive done a really quick block out of what i want to do with the audio clip, Ive gone for simplicity.. as i never finish these thigns and im off to prague next week lol. So Ive got stuck in right away, the table and chair will be remodelled when the animation is done ;)

hope you like the direction im going ( a simple one)

P.S im a lil worried Hogan rig wont have the facial controls to do as much as I'd like with the face for this clip, but oh well

looki look (http://www.gimbal-lock.net/firstpass.avi)

cheers
-Darken

danb
01-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Are we supposed to animate the audio clip to the same video scene in vendetta? Or something completely original?

SirRon
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
It would be best to be original. Pretend that the movie was going to be animated and you're one of the animators. Given the clip, how would you animate it?

danb
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
It would be best to be original. Pretend that the movie was going to be animated and you're one of the animators. Given the clip, how would you animate it?

Ok thanks.

blurgh
01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
yeah, i cant actually rember the scene in the film that the line is taken from...

i wish we were doing the "not tonight bishop line" :D

SirRon
01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
That's good that you don't remember the scene, lets you be more free to be creative. I tried looking for a good audio clip that sounded like it had good acting. It was hard to find an obscure clip though because most people pick up the popular movies. I'd be happy to keep going through my movies and recording audio.

Back to the topic of the challenge, I've listened to the audio and made some marks to help indicate the inflection of the voice. Even though he didn't say anything I even made a note on the breath he took in before the "only truth"

Still not sure what rig to use, I considered using this ninja rig that just showed the eyes. One reason why I picked a V for Vendetta audio is that he doesn't have any facial expressions, it was all body language. So what if I used a rig that was masked too? :shrug: I'll make some thumbnails soon.

blurgh
01-23-2007, 01:46 AM
yeah no facial control could be very challenging... i mean i didnt feel it worked that well in the film it self.. fights were cool tho....

-Darken

danb
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Here's a good place to get some classic sound clips... http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/movie_sounds/ . I forgot to post this earlier.

monz
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
hey..

heres what i did so far ..
comments n suggestions r welcome!
thnx :)
http://www.bumstyla.com/tricks_.mov

dudeacle
01-23-2007, 06:02 PM
SirRon, Smart to note all the inflections of the audio even the "breath in". I like the audio and i personaly will use a rig with facial controls but its not necesarry.

Here is a great rig by the guys at strutyourreel.com. Its for Maya users with Version 6 and up. I personally could not get it to work but if you guys can please let me now your tricks. Its a professional rig so try and use all the bells and whistles.

http://www.strutyourreel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2506

blurgh
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah Ive played wit that rig (it was pretty cool bit too jovial for this sound clip maybee?), didnt find it difficult to set up tho, the controls were a bit confusing though. I beleive you need hair for it to work tho?

-Darken

SirRon
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
SirRon, Smart to note all the inflections of the audio even the "breath in". I like the audio and i personaly will use a rig with facial controls but its not necesarry.

Here is a great rig by the guys at strutyourreel.com. Its for Maya users with Version 6 and up. I personally could not get it to work but if you guys can please let me now your tricks. Its a professional rig so try and use all the bells and whistles.

http://www.strutyourreel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2506

I was able to get that rig working by opening the .ma file with notepad and changing the Maya version from 8 to version 7 which is the version I'm using.

Darken is right about needing Maya hair and he does look too jovial for this clip.

DBFX
01-23-2007, 07:07 PM
well since im learning animation, i guess this is the best way to learn! Practise, i will submit if i have enough time, great challenge sirRon!

dudeacle
01-23-2007, 07:33 PM

I was able to get that rig working by opening the .ma file with notepad and changing the Maya version from 8 to version 7 which is the version I'm using.

Darken is right about needing Maya hair and he does look too jovial for this clip.

Thanks for your advice SirRon. I have maya hair, im using maya 6 unlimited. I went into the file using script editor and changed file version to 6 and still got an error saying cant open version 8. Anyway theres no need to take up any more space with this.

SirRon
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
well since im learning animation, i guess this is the best way to learn! Practise, i will submit if i have enough time, great challenge sirRon!

Oh, big thanks to dudeacle for getting this started with the first 4 challenges. I'm just trying to help. :)

dudeacle: There might still be more that needs to change. I should've mentioned theres at least 4 of them to change. I haven't had problems with the Mayatomr though, but I guess if I use mental ray I'll have to change that.

red is what I changed
//Maya ASCII 7.0 scene
//Name: Sergio_1.ma
//Last modified: Tue, Jan 09, 2007 02:56:14 PM
requires maya "7.0";
requires "Mayatomr" "8.0.2.2m - 3.5.1.2 ";
currentUnit -linear centimeter -angle degree -time film;
fileInfo "application" "maya";
fileInfo "product" "Maya Unlimited 7.0";
fileInfo "version" "7.0";
fileInfo "cutIdentifier" "200607192324-680053";
fileInfo "osv" "Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)\n";

blurgh
01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
just run a search in the text document

-Darken

blurgh
01-23-2007, 10:59 PM
lol monz yours is almost identical to my first pass lol. Maybee we are bieng to clichey with our acting?

-Darken

blurgh
01-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello again guys,
Ive done a quick second pass to rtry and pin down my block in a little better. Some timming is off... and im not sure if i liek him standing atthe end anymore, but we shall see...

lookie (http://gimbal-lock.net/lipsyncpass2.avi)

-Darken

dudeacle
01-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Your the man SirRon, i will have to give that a shot. Though im starting to think its my version of Maya.

Monz your keys look good.

Darken-R i would like to hear the audio with animation.

monz
01-24-2007, 07:00 AM
lol monz yours is almost identical to my first pass lol. Maybee we are bieng to clichey with our acting?

-Darken

ya i was even plannin on gettin him 2 stand up at the end but it didnt end up lookin right so i changed it ..

so..
how can i make it better??

SirRon
01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
monz, Darken-R: I think you guys are off to a good start!

monz: The lips seem a little too subtle, I think you can emphasis the 'O' the times when he says 'No'. You could also break up the timing of the right hand setting the table when he says 'truth'. But if you did want him to be more deliberate setting his hand on the table maybe add a bit more force. That may involve raising the elbow too.

Darken: I know it's only blocking, but try to include some kind of arc when he shakes his head for 'no more lies'. Right now I see the nose is only moving horizontal with no arc.

Hope these have been helpful. Keep going, there's still lots of time.

blurgh
01-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey guys!

dudeacle, there should be sound on it :/ Ive re uploaded let me know if its still not working !
SirRon, thanks for the critique yep i have a habbit of forgetting these things :) i may add some hand action or something pretty much as an excuse to get some more arcs in...
ill have a play tonight hopefully!

-Darken

SirRon
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Darken-R: I think dudeacle was referring to your firstpass.avi from the previous page. I can hear the audio in your lipsyncpass2.avi.

edit:
oh... there is sound. that's odd. I remember downloading someone's and it didn't have sound. :shrug:

SirRon
01-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Finally got some thumbnails done.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Sirron/Animation%20Work/Thumbnail01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Sirron/Animation%20Work/Thumbnail02.jpg

I think I'll go for number 3. There's going to be a head shake there, I just didn't draw it.

BTW, there's an updated version of the strutyourreel rig (http://www.strutyourreel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2506). He didn't rename the zip though, but I checked it out and it's different.

danb
01-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Cool thumbnails. Do employers consider the ability to do sketched storyboards a good asset to have? If i showed some sketched storyboards would this impress employers more than without the sketches?

Junerahe
01-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Cool thumbnails. Do employers consider the ability to do sketched storyboards a good asset to have? If i showed some sketched storyboards would this impress employers more than without the sketches?

Maybe if they needed storyboard artists. I work with some crazy talented animators that straight ahead everything they do planning it all in their heads.

SirRon
01-25-2007, 03:55 PM

Good question. I don't know personally, I think it's more your own workflow. I would imagine employers are more interested in the results than how you get there. Some employers might not even know why you would sketch out thumbnails and storyboards for your animation :shrug:

Now that you mention it, the two animator instructors I had get work as storyboard artists too.

danb
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I see. I guess then its just one of those extra talents that can't hurt to have.

dudeacle
01-26-2007, 04:30 PM
SirRon i like your third story board best. I think the first of two drawings for "only truth" is more fitting. They are just slightly different but the first shows it as conversational where as the second drawing is more reflecting within himself. I like the first story board but you will only be animating his upper half and the character will mostly be seen from the back.

DarkenR i got the audio to work, (dont tell anyone that i had the mute on media player :) )
I agree with SirRon about the hand slap. That should make the animation more forceful with a good lead to him saying "only truth".

I cant wait to get started on this, maybe tonight if not then tomorrow. Ive been character modeling lately, i want to get him finished quick so i can start my short film. I was hoping to use him for this challenge but its not going to happen.

SirRon
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
SirRon i like your third story board best. I think the first of two drawings for "only truth" is more fitting. They are just slightly different but the first shows it as conversational where as the second drawing is more reflecting within himself. I like the first story board but you will only be animating his upper half and the character will mostly be seen from the back.

Thanks for the comments. You're completely right about the differences between those two 'only truth' panels. I didn't even think of it that way yet what you said makes perfect sense. :)

Junerahe
01-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Just finished refining my concept. I will begin storyboarding this weekend. I am aiming to blow some socks off so I'm planning carefully.

Amit_S
01-27-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey everyone- just had to check this out. Awesome work guys.
The models by Junerahe and danb -wow.

Nice work Darken- just saw your last block. Will follow your progress.
And cant wait to see your work Ron- nice storyboards by the way.
I wont be participating in this -its kind of too difficult for me. I dont want to destroy my learning curve. Best of luck to everyone who's participating...

blurgh
01-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys,
just to let you know ive changed the action a lil in mine and started a more detailed block in, should be able to post a playblast tomoz!

-Darken

Junerahe
01-28-2007, 03:49 AM
http://www.coperfella.com/juner/goofyanimtestCapture.mov

animation test on my goofy rig... hehe he can barely blink... and eye animation is completely out of the question.. im gonna have fun pulling this off

dudeacle
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Junerahe that looks good. I think you have captured goofys style. Are you going to be able to use this rig for the competition?

Junerahe
01-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Junerahe that looks good. I think you have captured goofys style. Are you going to be able to use this rig for the competition?

Thanks. I will be using him for the comp regardless of his facial shortcomings.

Junerahe
01-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Storyboard.
http://www.coperfella.com/juner/Lostmycigs_storyboard.mov

I might not do the first 2 shots... but then again its just 18 seconds... I've got to tighten timing on a few things but beyond that Im good to go.

sephquartz
01-29-2007, 03:27 AM
hey guys! i'm new to this part of the forum. i'm also a pretty new 3d animator (only started a month ago). i'l like to try out for this challenge =) altho it's a little too late

should i use a general biped rig or use my own character rig?
here's my character rig, she's from the story i am creating. problem with her is being the noob that i was her facial blendshape is fairly limited.but i'll still like to see how far she can go in showing good animation.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/sephquartz/minnienewcloth.jpg

i've read all the advices here and they're great help! i'll post a WIP soon.
i'm a little confuse, i have to do both the animation? lipsync and looking for something lost

cheers!

SirRon
01-29-2007, 04:21 AM
i've read all the advices here and they're great help! i'll post a WIP soon.
i'm a little confuse, i have to do both the animation? lipsync and looking for something lost

Doh! I can't believe I didn't specify it's either or. You only have to do one of them, if you're feeling ambitious you can do both. The most important thing is to produce the best quality animation to your ability and hopefully you're grow in it too.

Use any rig that you like. If you want try out this rig of yours and you're not comfortable with the facial rigging, then I recommend doing the 'lost something important' challenge. But if you really want to do the lip sync, see if you can quickly model a mask for your rig, because V (the character speaking) wears a mask and he performed nicely with body language.

dudeacle
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Sephquarts- She is a cute character. Are those talking shoes shes wearing? You should use the character for this animation. I agree with SirRon that you should do the "lost something something important". Do that one because it will be easier if your just breaking into character animation. Mainly because you are not restricted to following dialogue and because the dialogue is male and wouldnt fit your character. Also, we make two animations available for each challenge. So if you dont like one of them you have a second that you might like more.

Junerahe- Help me understand the storyboard. Mickey sneaks up when Goofy leaves. Goes for a smoke and he is all out. Sees some smokes and Goofy shows up. Is Mickey a convict, or a spy?

SirRon
01-29-2007, 04:47 PM
From what I understand in Junerahe's storyboard. Metal Gear Mickey is sneaking past a guard, looks for his cigarettes but can't find it, goes back to where he was and finds it unfortunately the guard sees him during his patrol.

I might keep the 2nd shot, just to establish that there's a guard patrolling. Great camera angle when looks down the ledge.

And you used Flash right? Good to see another flash storyboarder :)

Junerahe
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Hehe sorry SiRon, Toon Boom Studios.

dudeacle
01-30-2007, 02:28 AM
A mob hitman walks into a church...
Animating with Generi Rig.

http://www.geocities.com/matt2morrow/CGSociety/MiniChallengeAnimatioin/OnlyTruth/OnlyTruth.jpg

gibby!
01-30-2007, 04:57 AM
heya gang! i'm new to the CGtalk animation contests (which is an awesome idea btw) but i'm in my 3rd year of animation school.... so i'm gonna try my guns here and see if all that money i've paid for tuition hasn't -totally- gone to waste :P i like the process people have been taking here with their thumbnails and i'll get some up myself soon. anyway, good work so far!

SirRon
01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Hehe sorry SiRon, Toon Boom Studios.

Doh..... *hangs head in shame for improper software identification*... :sad: haha

Woohoo, great to see more people joining in and posting progress :)

sephquartz
01-30-2007, 07:53 AM
dudeacle - yes i'm using her, her name's minnie btw ;).

and thx for sirron for clarifying the confusion. i'm going to do looking for something lost as dudeacle suggested. sounds easier too.

okay thx guys starting on my animation

SirRon
01-31-2007, 04:09 AM
A little production shot here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Sirron/Animation%20Work/CGT5_ProductionShot.jpg

Took me a long time just to get to this initial pose. But it was pretty cool working it out. First I had myself leaning forward like my sketch where my body was like a C shape towards the wall. Then I thought what if I was thinking or saying something else before the "no more tricks" line. So I pretended I said something like "all right, I guess I'll have to tell you... no more tricks..." I found myself with a different pose, like a reverse C away from the wall. But then it still didn't look right so I tried posing myself again and found my torso was leaning forwards making an S curve instead. I ended up liking that pose.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Sirron/Animation%20Work/CGT5_CS_pose.jpg

Also I was resting my head on my arm/wall, so if I didn't have that wall I'd fall forward. I tested this on Maya by hiding the wall to see if it would look like Hogan would fall forward, so that's how I found how far he should be from the wall and how much to lean.

I don't mean to sound pretentious or wordy but this is the kind of stuff why I love animation. :love:

If I'm over analyzing this or maybe not enough analyzing let me know. This is where I would ask for any hardcore critiques. And this is only on the first pose!! :argh:

CuneytGuclu
01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
This is my first shot for mini challenges. I understand angry face from this line. I'd be glad if you give me feedback...

here's my w.i.p.
http://www.4shared.com/file/9789318/fb8b492d/Notricks.html

dudeacle
01-31-2007, 01:06 PM
SirRon- I say the better pose is the line of action with the s curve. This pose shows he has had enough and has the will to say "no more tricks, no more lies.." The line of action with the c curve would be best for the sigh before "only truth".

CuneytGuclu- The facial animation needs to sync better with the dialogue. He could use more poses in the animation as well. The eyes sync and look good. Personally i would have done all the key poses first then layered the face animation on top of that. Your off to a good start!

SirRon
01-31-2007, 03:23 PM
SirRon- I say the better pose is the line of action with the s curve. This pose shows he has had enough and has the will to say "no more tricks, no more lies.." The line of action with the c curve would be best for the sigh before "only truth".

Very good point, much appreciated.

CuneytGuclu: I agree with dudeacle with his comments. It would help to have the mouth shapes happen just before he says the phonemes. We should see it before we hear it. Also maybe some small shoulder movement would be nice since we have a close up of them.

mandeep
01-31-2007, 04:06 PM
hey guys awsome posts .......... here is my bit

http://www.4shared.com/file/9814247/19adc2b7/CgTalk_v1.html

Cheers
Mandeep

danb
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
hey guys awsome posts .......... here is my bit

http://www.4shared.com/file/9814247/19adc2b7/CgTalk_v1.html

Cheers
Mandeep

Looks good. I think the right elbow should be turned out more. It blends in to much into the rest of the body, imo. Remember to keep track of your sihouettes.

musashidan
01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
http://a81.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/l_41a77c87cb50a14f1887af235c8e3828.jpg

Great to see alot of interest and progress in this one.Everyone off to flying starts.Hope to get the "lost something" scene animated.
Just using LowMax2 rig modded a little bit to play the part of a carpenter.

AuloLicinio
01-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello guys,
Well im new at Cgtalk, ive always sneaked other peoples work, and never posted anything. Im from Brazil, so sorry about any annoying english mistake :D. Im new to animation, I guess that im animating for about 8 months. And only now I had courage ( not to saying anything about the lazyness :P ) to post something.

well... there it is... the sketch... photoshop... a capture.. and the final!!
I did it in my short spare time.. so i probably wont fix any mistakes...My final goal was to study lypsnc. I quite liked it, hehe.

so.. please be free to critic... and if I have to send the final scene please contact or leave orientations!!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/Abusalin/Story.jpg

Capture:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/Abusalin/?action=view&current=Capture.flv

Final:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/Abusalin/?action=view&current=Final.flv

thanks,

SirRon
01-31-2007, 10:04 PM
AuloLicinio: Maybe I should've picked a longer clip or made the deadline shorter, people are already reaching final :) I like the head and body movement Aulo. The right hand has too many poses so it's moving very fast when he breaths before 'only truth'. Try making it simpler so we have time to see the pose. It can still be improved but good job :)

danb
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
No please don't make the deadline sooner. I haven't even completed a playblast yet. :) Too many hours in my job. :(

SirRon
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
lol, don't worry. I wasn't serious :)

danb
01-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Pheew, thank you. :)

SirRon
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
First Pass (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:135021)

Key poses + settle at the end. I'll spend more time refining the poses later.

dudeacle
02-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Mandeep- I like your poses. I think the pose for the sigh is too strong, i would repose it with less movement.

AuloLicinio- Good animation! Good idea, good poses, good timing, = good animation.

SirRon- The poses look good. When your animating put alot of weight on his shoulders.

AuloLicinio
02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, thanks guys for your critics... its gonna help a lot!

As I said, Time over here is very small, so Im not sure if a would be able to get back to that scene.

SirRon: Yeah! ... I guess the line is to short, hehe ... about what you said, if you ask me if I liked the animation, Ill probably answer. "Oh! not really!" hehe. But.. maybe Ill slow down that arm, its bothering me too. About your animation... I liked the poses and how you contrasted the line of action. keep up the work! :D

dudeacle: Thanks, Im glad you liked it! :D

Mandeep: I agree with dudeacle ... that pose is really to strong! I guess that pose is for the breath in part.. try to smooth it out a little... I think that in this part of the audio.. the character is looking into himself.. Well Im not sure if what I said is beeing easy to understand! Sorry for the poor english. hehe

CuneytGuclu: Its looking fine... but the lypsnc is out of time, i think you can play around with the open and close of the mouth.. it looks a little static.

SirRon
02-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok, tried adding some 'weight' to the shoulders and some other stuff.
http://www.vimeo.com/thumbnails/c135317-w160-h120.jpg (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:135317)
click image to see video

Here's a cool trick I read somewhere about getting silhouettes in Maya. On the panel go to 'Lighting>Use No Lights' or 'Lighting>Use Selected Lights' and have nothing selected. And you get something like this:
http://www.vimeo.com/thumbnails/c135318-w160-h120.jpg (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:135318)
click image to see video

I had to hide the background geometry otherwise that would've been black too. I found that I had a bad pose for the left hand this way so I fixed that.

mandeep
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
hey guys here is 2nd pass almost finished with this

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7cACSQ3CY)

Cheers
Mandeep

danb
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok, tried adding some 'weight' to the shoulders and some other stuff.
http://www.vimeo.com/thumbnails/c135317-w160-h120.jpg (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:135317)
click image to see video

Here's a cool trick I read somewhere about getting silhouettes in Maya. On the panel go to 'Lighting>Use No Lights' or 'Lighting>Use Selected Lights' and have nothing selected. And you get something like this:
http://www.vimeo.com/thumbnails/c135318-w160-h120.jpg (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:135318)
click image to see video

I had to hide the background geometry otherwise that would've been black too. I found that I had a bad pose for the left hand this way so I fixed that.

Nice trick. I gotta figure out how to do that in C4D. Excellent way to keep track of the silhouettes. :)

mandeep
02-01-2007, 07:09 PM
hey thanks guys for ur replies will do the changes !!!

Cheers
Mandeep

dudeacle
02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
SirRon- Thats a real nifty trick, i will have to try that! I actually think there is too much weight on the shoulder now (sorry if im being annoying). His shoulder looks a little unnatural in the first couple poses before the "sigh". the sigh pose looks great btw. What i would do is add the shoulder wheight with the movement and not necessarily with your keys, if that makes any sense.:)

SirRon
02-01-2007, 07:34 PM
dudeacle - no, you're not being annoying :) I'll keep working the shoulders a bit. But I understand what you're getting at about the movement and not necessarily with the keys. I'll probably find a better positioning once see more of the motion.

mandeep
02-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey my new update i have updated my new clip

LINK (http://www.4shared.com/file/9909051/ee07a065/CgTalk_v12.html)
have a look, hope i get it right this time hehe

cheers
Mandeep

Junerahe
02-03-2007, 08:39 PM
mandeep - performance wise i think the acting is a bit over dramatic. You can get a lot out of a character keeping him relatively still with the character's eyes, where all thinking and most of the emotions come from, driving teh performance with the help of simple and very readable gestures if needed. It also feel like you rushed the *sigh* after "no more lies" because you have both an inhale and exhale motion when the sound you hear can only be one of those two. Personally I would have exhaled on that sound cue, inhaling just before while the character says "no more lies". It would make it that much more paced and natural

LGM
02-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Is there a file format requirement? Did I just miss the mention? It's not in the first post with the other rules.

Thanks for running this!

LGM

Junerahe
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Quicktime should be the preffered choice seeing as how they are easily scrubbable, but I dont know if anything has been set in stone yet.

LGM
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, that is true. I think quicktime might also be the most common player. There are just too many codecs for avi. It would be nice to know soon if there will be a file requirement so that people's encoding capabilities and limitations can be taken into account.

LGM

SirRon
02-05-2007, 04:39 AM
The animation any resolution... but keep the file size manageable. Nothing over 20MB definitely. As for codecs, preferably one that's common like quicktime or windows media. My recommendation would be Quicktime and less than 5MB. The audio can also be in mono instead of stereo, that would help keep the size down too.

dudeacle
02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
The animation any resolution... but keep the file size manageable. Nothing over 20MB definitely. As for codecs, preferably one that's common like quicktime or windows media. My recommendation would be Quicktime and less than 5MB. The audio can also be in mono instead of stereo, that would help keep the size down too.

Yes i agree. Quicktime 5mb or less. Any more than that and you have to wait for a while to view the animation. If someone wants to show a beautiful HI-Res version of their animation then they should also include a link to a low res version.

mandeep
02-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey thanks guys for ur crit ....... here is my update let me know how is it comming along

LINK (http://www.4shared.com/file/10092550/41f51ebf/CgTalk_v17.html)

Cheers
Mandeep

SirRon
02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Added some breakdowns...
http://www.vimeo.com/thumbnails/c136983-w160-h120.jpg (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:136983)
click image to see video

Mandeep: There's no audio in your latest link. But getting to the pose for the breath is better. One thing I would suggest is to put more force when he makes a fist for 'truth'. Right now it's slow.

mandeep
02-06-2007, 03:57 AM
OOOpsie Daisie he he i just playblasted it :D ............ hey thanks will do the changes, i was just too bogged up with the correction part that just slipped by me ........ hey can anyone tell me how to attach sound file with the rendered clip(with virtual dub), i was playing around but couldnt get it through ................

nice work there siron cant wait to c wen it gets finished !!!

Cheers
Mandeep

dude5487
02-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Hi all I am looking to get a late start. I have really enjoyed looking at all of your work so far, well done :).

I am having a bit of trouble though. I am trying to import that audio to my scene and its not working. I go to file -> import -> audio. Normally when I have done this in the past it shows right up in the timeline at the bottum. Now I get nothing. Any tips at all?

Thanks a lot.

J

SirRon
02-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Hi all I am looking to get a late start. I have really enjoyed looking at all of your work so far, well done :).

I am having a bit of trouble though. I am trying to import that audio to my scene and its not working. I go to file -> import -> audio. Normally when I have done this in the past it shows right up in the timeline at the bottum. Now I get nothing. Any tips at all?

Thanks a lot.

J

I'm guessing you're using Maya.

Right click and hold on the timeline and you'll see Sounds. Go there and you'll see 3 options
off: no sound
Use Trax Sounds: plays audio when you play animation (preferences should be set for 'real-time')
'file name': In this case it'll be VForVendetta_onlytruth. You'll see sound waves on the timeline where you'll hear the audio even if you scrub through it. (preferences should be set for 'real-time')

oh, and I'm glad to hear you joining in :)

dudeacle
02-06-2007, 06:48 PM
dude5487- Glad to see you joining in on the fun :) About getting the audio to work, you should also be able to drag the file onto your timeline. Also what version of Maya are you using? I remember some older versions of Maya having difficulty recognize audio files. Im using Maya Unlimited V6 and the file works fine for me.

SirRon- Nice work! The sigh looks great. Cant wait to see it finished.

By the way, i have gone about asking some rigging questions for my character for this animation. I got some really great feedback and thought some of you might like to hear it. I asked some questions in the character rigging forums here and in the Creature Rigging forum over at Strutyourreel.com. Heres the threads...

This helped me figure out how to constrain the gun and holster to the character while allowing the gun constrain to jump to the hand and back to the hip when i wanted.

http://www.strutyourreel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2704

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=54&t=457844

This helped me figure out how to make a dynamic necklace for my character.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4181236#post4181236

LGM
02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
So here's what I've ended up with. I'm pretty sure it's final. I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few kinks (especially in the camera) that I may work out before the deadline, but it got to that point where multiple viewings and repeated frustrations dampened my enthusiasm. I'm sure you're all familiar with that point. I think I just need to take a few days break from it. So if anyone sees something problematic that I've missed (either from inexperience or watching it too many times) I'd appreciate a yell.

Oh, and sorry about the extended opening frame. I find that mpg files are always really choppy in the first four seconds or so when I play them back in quicktime. Since the audio clip is only about eight seconds long, I decided that rather than ask people to watch it in WMP, I just made the first four seconds a title frame. (Does anyone else have this trouble with mpgs?)

http://www.nathandunlap.brickfilms.com/images/vforvendetta_still.jpg

V for Vendetta Clip (http://www.nathandunlap.brickfilms.com/movies/VforVendettaclip_Nathan_Dunlap.mpg)
(It's just over 3 megs)

Thanks for watching and thanks SirRon for organizing this contest! This audioclip was a lot of fun to animate to!

LGM
Nathan Dunlap

SirRon
02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks LGM, my pleasure to get this challenge started. My thanks to dudeacle for getting the whole thing started :)

You added an extra http// in your link. Here's the correct link

http://www.nathandunlap.brickfilms.com/movies/VforVendettaclip_Nathan_Dunlap.mpg

It's ok if you extended the beginning and end, as long as the audio is the same then that's fine. The characters are great, liked that ending bit with the other character. Though you could make the main character's right arm a bit more dramatic. It seems a bit stiff during 'no more lies'. Hope your enthusiasm returns.

LGM
02-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks, SirRon. I fixed the link. Too bad, I meant for it to me a more "quiet" animation; not-so-dramatic, if you know what I mean. I found a few things I forgot to do (like offsetting the arms and spines) so I'm working on that. Hopefully that'll get rid of the stiffness . . . hopefully.

LGM

dude5487
02-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Dudeacle- I am using 7.1 unlimted. I have 8 as well but am still sticking with 7. Anyway I will give that a shot of just dragging it into the timelime, didnt even think of that hehe :). Also thanks for posting the threads. Good stuff.

Happy animating :)

SirRon
02-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Cleaned up some arcs, added some breakdowns.
Third Pass (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:137855)

SirRon
02-09-2007, 06:59 AM
I was given the suggestion to make him less apologetic so I changed the facial expression, shoulders, and made the left hand less open at the end. Now he's a bit more stronger. At least I hope so. What do you think?

Fouth Pass (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:138169)

Just noticed that the inhale is a little too quick, I'll change that on the next update.

dudeacle
02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
SirRon- I like the thrid pass better. You could try changing his facial expression on the exhale to make him more forceful. Keep it up, Its coming along great!

mandeep
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
hey siron gr8 going nice stuff there :thumbsup:... agree with dudecle

LGM
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
SirRon, it looks much better. Whoever it was who told you was right, he did look apologetic.

And speaking of better, I think mine is finally done. I updated the link.

LGM

blurgh
02-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey guys!
just got back from prague! ..gotta get on with this animation :p

have an update soon i hope ...

-Darken

danb
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi

My first facial animation pass... http://www.cgfreelance.com/Vendetta.wmv .

I think i might just squeeze into the deadline.

In the link above some things i need to correct are the tongue phenomes. He looks like he has a lisp, imo. :)

After i get the face down right i will begin the head and body animation. Not sure what setting i'll put him in. May just leave him in nothing-ness.

Please critique.

blurgh
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
hey man,

character looks great, nice rendering !

the sides of your characters mouth are really catchign my eye on: 'tricks' 'lies' and 'only'. It may be just the way the mouth is set up.. but it looks liek the sides are pushing out a lil too much ?

I really like the subtle eye lid animation looks great !

keep it up

SirRon
02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
danb: I'd actually recommend starting on the physical body animation before the face. A lot of the acting comes from body language and that's what people are going to see the most. As for the tongue movement you have, I think it's moving a little too slow, try speeding it up maybe that'll get rid of the lisping look.

Here's my fifth pass (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:138478).

You know after I watching that fourth one a bit I can tell that I already had a certain mood in mind when I blocked it in. To change the emotion now is to change everything.

Still trying to keep the feeling of the fourth. I guess I'd have to reposition the right shoulder again before I move on, but I don't think this is that bad. I'm probably going to totally redo the eyes and eyebrows when I work on the lip sync, so basically the entire face. It's still in stepped tangents. Right before it hits the fan when I switch to linear :o

jpencilworks
02-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Hello,

I'm looking forward to entering the comprtition on the 19th. I am glad to have found it, even though it's a little late in the game ( I'd still like a chance at bat).

I started this late last night, and finished it by working like a mad man (lots of coffee) untill the wee hours of the morning. This is the first animation contest I have ever attempted to enter.

By the way, I have been looking at the posts here and you guys have some really great stuff' so here is the link to my blocked in V-for vendetta piece.

http://media.putfile.com/Elector-Dialog

He is my original character and his name is Electro. I put a frame counter on the piece so feel free to critique it and let me know how to improve it.

Thanks people, I have to get some sleep now, I worked a ten hour day and put in eight hours animating (45 minutes looking for a free chair model that you don't even see in the shot, too short on time to model my own, would have been just as good to use a chamfered box!)

Cheers

Jon.

danb
02-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks SirRon i think i'm going to start the body animation today. I will speed up the tongue also. I started with the face because i have never animated a face before. I really wanted most of the time to be able to animate the face with a Jason Osipa interface. I have done TD work for this type of interface before but never actually animated with it.

:) Now i'm stumped as to what to do with the body. I was going to have him jump into screen then walk up to the camera and say his lines. While having the head move along with the words. The camera will mostly be focusing on the head this time i think.

Very nice animation Jpencilworks. I like that character a lot. He is the perfect hero fit for this quote.

SirRon i like your fifth pass. Very good posing.

danb
02-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Forgot to post my updated facial animation.... http://www.cgfreelance.com/Vendetta.wmv

-edit-

updated and last face try. moving on to the body. if i have time left after the body i will refine the face animation more.

jpencilworks
02-10-2007, 04:44 PM
yo danb doggie,

glad you like my character, just fortunate that he fits well for this part.

That character of your's is awesome, think I saw a post where he has four arms. I just looked at your most recent post, and it sort of looks like the head is swimming around the eyeballs.

The eyes stay put, but with all that squash and stretch on the face and cranium (aka- brain case) it looks like the eyes are glued to the world, and his skin is just doing its best to hang on.

Does the back of the brain case have to move so much? Maybe if you put some translate on the head and neck, it wouldn't be as noticable. Your model, lighting and textures look cinematic, like somthing I would see on the big screen, that stuff looks pro all the way.

Cheers doggie dog.

jpencilworks
02-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Hello all,

Here are the breakdowns on the dialod that I started last night.

The work is coming right along, I'll update you later.. Right now I'm about to start the final inbetweening and clean up before I spline the curves. I am starting to see Electro's personailty in there, but it's not fully sculpted out yet. Needs a bit bore definition.

Here is the link: http://media.putfile.com/Dialog-Breakdowns

danb
02-10-2007, 11:45 PM
yo danb doggie,

glad you like my character, just fortunate that he fits well for this part.

That character of your's is awesome, think I saw a post where he has four arms. I just looked at your most recent post, and it sort of looks like the head is swimming around the eyeballs.

The eyes stay put, but with all that squash and stretch on the face and cranium (aka- brain case) it looks like the eyes are glued to the world, and his skin is just doing its best to hang on.

Does the back of the brain case have to move so much? Maybe if you put some translate on the head and neck, it wouldn't be as noticable. Your model, lighting and textures look cinematic, like somthing I would see on the big screen, that stuff looks pro all the way.

Cheers doggie dog.

Thanks jpencilworks, i hadn't even noticed how much the eyes are swimming around in the cranium. I think i know how to fix that quickly though.

Thanks for the compliments towards the lighting, texturing, etc. I wanted to really push that so i might use this in my portfolio. I also wanted to do that to get in the habit of pushing all my work to be top notch. Someday that will happen. :)

danb
02-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Ok updated the link again... http://www.cgfreelance.com/Vendetta.wmv

jpencilworks
02-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Thats lookin sweet danb, here is a link to my update

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Electro-Dialog-3rd-pass

Looks best if you pull it to your desktop. Workin the curves next, just finished the 3rd pass on the step keyed breakdowns.

Hoping to get most of it done by tonight.

Cheers all. :)

jpencilworks
02-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Hello all,

Here is an update of my progress:

http://media.putfile.com/Electro-Smooth

I splined the curves and started tweaking them a little.

Update ya later Doggie.

jpencilworks
02-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Yo doggie doggie dog

Here is the progress I made on this project. I started it on Friday night and it is now Sunday night. I think I brought it a long way ( and managed to cook, clean, and finish my laundry).

Life is good doggie dawwg.

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Electro-and-Backgrounds

Let me know what you think. This is almost done and its the 11th, I think i'm gonna make it in time for the contest ;)

mandeep
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
hey guys, gr8 going, awsome participation....... here is my update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_EFznH6yzI

cheers
Mandeep

blurgh
02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
So i made some changes to mine. Decided to make a use of the breath part by having him smoking. Ive got some clippign issues to deal with and im not likeign the right hand much at the moment.

Just working on defining the arcs and such at the moment

stepped pass (http://www.gimbal-lock.net/lipsync_stepped1.avi)

-Darken

Junerahe
02-13-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.coperfella.com/juner/lost_mycigstestCapture2.mov

This is my blocking pass for the shot where mickey realises he's missing a cig pack. Its 12fps and all I've been able to do because of crazy work schedules. Gotta put it on teh shelf because of the Dominance War.

Trazza
02-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Hey guys

Here's what i've come up with.

http://www.geocities.com/animation_bonanza/Only_truth_LowRes.mov

I'm still working out lighting and rendering etc in xsi so a preview will have to do for now. Also i have to give props to my mate Brad for supplying me with the model and rig.

Good work on getting this thing together as well. I always wanted to do some ten second club entries but never got around to it and just as i got some time i found out they took the site down. Always the way.

Trazza

khet13
02-14-2007, 03:34 AM
wow, great to see itz so crowded :)
here is my participation~
truth (http://www.khet13.com/web/animation/clips/truth.mov)
I decided to go for another feel other than the sad and gloomy feel.
its just body movements. head n lip sync will b done soon.
comments are welcome

SirRon
02-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say everyone is doing fantastic. We're less than a week away from the deadline.

Not sure if I mentioned it but just to make sure, post ANY work that you've completed. It's ok if it's not polished to a shine. Rendered or playblast, we'll take it.

Junerahe: That roll looked really nice. And best of luck for Dominance War. Show them what CGTalk is made of :)

Trazza
02-14-2007, 06:41 AM
OK i've just discovered that this dodgy geocities site that I put my clip on is hard to access due to bandwidth issues. Because i don't have my own site up and running yet i've been forced to throw it on youtube. The sound is out on there though which sucks but i guess it's better than nothing at all.

Anyway here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZH9NniOQ_Y

T

khet13
02-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Trazza- it seems to the last part of the lip sync is abit off? or izit just me or could it be Youtube? :)

Here is my update for the lip sync part

truth 2 (http://www.khet13.com/web/animation/clips/truth2.mov)

Trazza
02-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah it's totally out on the youtube link but it's the only way i could get it online at the moment. The geocities link i posted beforehand is fine but seems to run out of bandwidth after a while.

jpencilworks
02-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Man, these entries are lookin really sweet, that devil animation is blowin my mind man!

Here is my latest update:

http://media.putfile.com/E-Vendeta-Finished

Hear is a link to the making of:

http://media.putfile.com/E-Vendeta-Makingof

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jon.

SirRon
02-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Trazza: Have you tried Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com) I think you'll need to make it fit 4:3 aspect ratio though so you'll need to adjust widescreen accordingly. Other than that I really like it because if you're a member (free registration) you get the option to download other people's videos as an .flv or the original source. Great animation btw.... I want to work at Pandemic :cry:

jpencilworks: I think the acting works with the audio well. One thing I did noticed is that he jerks around a bit. Main reason would be that the arcs aren't smooth. What I do is parent a locator to the nose or some joint that controls the head and use this script (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/animation/---perfectArc----2674.html) to see the arc. I guess you could use the motion trail tool but I get problems with it some times.

I'll start a Finished Animations thread tomorrow.

Trazza
02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks for that SirRon. I gave vimeo a go and it worked a treat. If i get some time to do the lighting for the final one i'll pop it up on there.

Cheers
t

jpencilworks
02-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks Sir Ron for the link to that script, awesom, I downloaded it.

This is sweet man, I love this animation stuff,

Here is the link to some cleanup, I softened those curves for some overshoot, and worked the arc of the head.

http://media.putfile.com/Electro-Overshoot

Here is a rendered version

http://media.putfile.com/Electro-05

These entries are lookin really sweet.

Cheers,

jpencilworks

SirRon
02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
In case you missed it, I've started the Finished Animations thread.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=464242

blurgh
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
hehe excellent work guys.

Trazza i love the devil, great acting!

-Darken

gibby!
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
hey gang.... i"m sorry i won"t be able to participate in this challange :( too bad because it seemed like a really good one AND it would have been my first :(

i"m trying atm to get a co-op for the summer plus working my butt off to get a third year group film done.... it"s just an insane amount of work. anyway, hopefully i will get my coop soon so i will forsure be in the next challange.

awesome work from everyone btw! very inspiring!!! :D

danb
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah same here, I won't be able to finish the aniamtion. I got the facial aniamtion done, but it doesn't look right without the body aniamted. Maybe next time.

Trazza
02-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Cool thanks for the comments guys. Looking forward to the next one now. It's a nice change to my daily routine.

t

SirRon
02-20-2007, 11:51 PM
BTW, the voting thread has started :)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=465887

jpencilworks
02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Hello,

I am writing in answer to dudealce,

no sir, I can not say that the 100 frames or less is from the game industry. I think its an animation mentor assignment. At least, I think that I remember reading it in one of the animation mentor blogs.

Link:

http://p.webring.com/hub?ring=animationmentorb

great information there.

Cheers

dudeacle
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Hello,

I am writing in answer to dudealce,

no sir, I can not say that the 100 frames or less is from the game industry. I think its an animation mentor assignment. At least, I think that I remember reading it in one of the animation mentor blogs.

Link:

http://p.webring.com/hub?ring=animationmentorb

great information there.

Cheers

Jpencilworks- I am trying to think of what the benifit would be to restrict yourself to animate to a specific time. I assume games may want the character animations to be a certain time because they dont want long animations to bog down the game play. I can also think of background animation being restricted to time as well. When background characters have to perform a task which is limited to screen time. I guess the same is true to main characters reacting to an action or another main character. I want the challenges to be related to what you would get working at an animation or game studio. Or if anyone comes up with good ideas for this then that would be ok too :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.