PDA

View Full Version : Looking for critiques on scorpion

cyberdogs7
01-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Looking to get geared up on my reel and looking to get each piece critiqued before I put it together. This is a multi-ped animation. The model is NOT MINE I got it for free on turbosquid. I did edit it slightly for animation and then rigged it.

http://www.chadmauldin.com/images/3d/scorpion_walk_lr.mov

travishowe
01-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Hey, looks great! There are a few things that stick out to me.
First, just in terms of puting it on your reel, I'd be interested in seeing more character coming thru it. This is essentially a walk cycle, I think it'd help your reel a lot if there was more to it, ie, something lands in the sand next to the scorpion and angers it, causing it to lash out. Just my humble opinion, but I think something else in there would really help the viewer stay intrigued (granted it's only two seconds long, but still...)

In terms of the animation, I think you're off to a great start. Watch that rear leg on his last step, it floats thru the air.

Half-way thru, the tail suddenly freezes (it's hard without frame-numbers to tell you exactly where, but it's almost exactly half-way thru...

Make sure not to have appendages hit their pose and just freeze. A good example of where this is happening is at the very end. The pinchers arive in their final poses, and stick there without any moving holds or anything.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Travis

cyberdogs7
01-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah thanks alot. I am planning a fight between two of them, similair to the opening of 300 miles to graceland. Thanks for the advice on the moving holds though, I'll have to fix that. I really wanted to make sure I had the feel of the walk down before I started on the fight.

Dervish
01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
hi, looks nice so far,
tough im missing weight greatly, the body is like floating over the sand and the legs try to keep up, its not pushed forward by the legs, keep it up ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.