PDA

View Full Version : RayFire Tool

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

mir-vadim
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi All, Last Five days (and two days for renders by the way) I spent creating RayFire Tool, You will not belive me, but I started learn max script three month ago and this is my third script. I created it by impression of Blur`s Impact system tool written by Daniel P Ferreira.
I`m not only one who decided to create stuff like that, here link to JHaywood thread and his great Winchester FX.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=183&t=451701&page=1&pp=15
Maybe you remember results from my second script, which called "Fracturer", it can create holes in thin wall with PFlow support. Forget it, it`s too slow.
I decided to combine Fracturer capabilities with my new RayFire Tool and here what I have got. RayFire can create standard debris, smoke (which automatecaly create afterburn and add particles in it), displacement, decals (plane with texture) and lights, but also now you can create bullets and HOLES.
All geometry solving takes about 12 seconds, and that`s all. You can render. Smoke and explosions rendered with AfterBurn
Here is Video, don`t miss, it`s really cool.
http://rapidshare.com/files/12387925/RayFireTool.avi.html
Maybe effects is not real, but I always try to create more nice looking images.

bardur
01-19-2007, 05:02 PM
OMG! ... thats just insanly good looking and AWSOME!!

Regards :thumbsup:

Steve Green
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
That's very impressive...

- Steve

slebed
01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Very, very cool! Please keep up the good work.

JohnnyRandom
01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Sweet, very impressive, hope to see some more:thumbsup:

darthviper107
01-19-2007, 08:28 PM
That's really awesome, I hope to see more of it.

SoLiTuDe
01-19-2007, 08:50 PM
very cool -- great job so far

yuriythebest
01-19-2007, 09:27 PM
awsome! if anything is close to blur studios impact system then this is it. I need to get afterburn for max9, congratz!

JHaywood
01-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Nice work man. You pulled the effects off really good. Makes me wish I had more time to spend mine. :sad:

mir-vadim
01-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys, now I`m finaly happy. I try to fix some bugs for a week, maybe add some features(sparks, multiple target, exact frames for shooting) and share RayFire for public.
to JHaywood: Yes, it takes so much time, this 5 days I write RayFire all free time which I have, even when I come to home from work for a dinner I try to write a little bit. Thanks again.

rebolt
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow great tool man. You almost did everything for creating a scene like this specially for effects artists. :thumbsup:

yuriythebest
01-20-2007, 01:02 PM
btw when can we see a release?

Massemannen
01-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Insane!!!

Great work! Canīt wait for this...

mir-vadim
01-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi All
Here are the first RayFire public version.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13006186/RayFire_Tool_Final02.rar.html
Please post here if you find some bugs.

to JHaywood: If you didn`t download yet version which I sent for you, better try this version.

JHaywood
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Very nice, good work. :)

One issue I found from my quick test is that the impact points don't seem to line up with the gun animation. I have the gun animating in a straight line across the target, but some of the impact points are showing up off of that line. I can post a picture if that doesn't make sense.

mir-vadim
01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Maybe mesh density not enough, but anyway thanks, I will check this today.

yuriythebest
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
thanks for the tool! however, I'm unable to make any afterburn smoke effects (yes, I have afterburn). The displacement works fine, the bullets are nice too. Can you send a screenshots with the settings for afterburn?

PsychoSilence
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Great tool so far! I will check it out when iīm back from work.

maybe james and you go into a huddle to create some uber-tool?!?

yuriythebest
01-23-2007, 08:00 PM
maybe james and you go into a huddle to create some uber-tool?!?

yeah, you guys should really talk about it.

JHaywood
01-23-2007, 08:40 PM
That would be cool, but tough to pull off. We're taking difference approaches, and it would be pretty hard to synch up time-wise. But it's really interesting to see how two different people tackle the same tool.

JohnnyRandom
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
MMMMMNNN Uber-Tool :D:D

Nice job mir-vadim:) some more fun:P

Ya know what would be nice for both tools? A scene cleaner, something that removes all the elements added by the script. I don't know how big a pain in the butt it would be but it should would be handy.

Is it possible to instance the parray's?

mir-vadim
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys, it`s good idea to work with James, but I`m not so experienced scripter as he.
Just go to his site and check script section, there are tons of scripts, for all life situations.
My script much more simple then Winchester FX, I even did not use any functions.
And also its eat so much time. I want to start create reel after two weeks, and right now prepare myself, learning FumeFX, AfterBurn, PFlow, PFtrack, Fusion... That's why I wrote RayFire, and now it satisfy my requirements. If you find some bugs I will try to fix it, but for now I will stop add any other features.
to JohnnyRandom: yes it is possible, I will try to fix this when I have free time.

PsychoSilence
01-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys, it`s good idea to work with James, but I`m not so experienced scripter as he.
Just go to his site and check script section, there are tons of scripts, for all life situations.
My script much more simple then Winchester FX, I even did not use any functions.
And also its eat so much time. I want to start create reel after two weeks, and right now prepare myself, learning FumeFX, AfterBurn, PFlow, PFtrack, Fusion... That's why I wrote RayFire, and now it satisfy my requirements. If you find some bugs I will try to fix it, but for now I will stop add any other features.
to JohnnyRandom: yes it is possible, I will try to fix this when I have free time.

you sell yourself underprice :) itīs a great tool! james is a great scripter but that changes nothing to the fact that you did hell of a good job :) just wanted you to know that. evolve that tool.

kind regards

anselm

JohnnyRandom
01-23-2007, 11:30 PM
you sell yourself underprice :) itīs a great tool! james is a great scripter but that changes nothing to the fact that you did hell of a good job :) just wanted you to know that. evolve that tool.

kind regards

anselm

I agree :)

JHaywood
01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Vadim, I was wondering if you did any other programming before you started scripting in Max. Your code is very well organized, not like mine which is pretty sloppy. :)

mir-vadim
01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks, for your support, PsychoSilence. But I just want to explain, why I Can`t evolve RayFire right now and in near future, later of course I will evolve RayFire further. Planning to do it more destructively, first bullet cutoff one peace of mesh, second cutoff peace behind first peace, and each peace destruct on other smaller peaces and falling down.
to James: No, I absolutely don`t now anything about programming and scripting three month ago, well now its four already. But writing script so absorbing work, I just can`t stop myself when I starting write it.

mir-vadim
01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi All, here are small update, specially for JohnnyRandom. Today I add Delete button, and now I just don`t understand why I didn`t do it earlier, it is so comfortably. Pay attention that button works only after you create something. For example, you create lights and smoke, if you want to delete lights, you turn off smoke checkbox and push Delete and delete only lights, tune light parameters and create only lights again, after that you can not delete smoke. I Will try to fix this later, but even now its much more comfortably.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13219138/RayFire_Tool_Final_06.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/13219138/RayFire_Tool_Final_06.rar.html)

PsychoSilence
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
great update! such a useful addition!!!

if you just started scripting hang in there. you got talent and skills :)

you told us about creating a reel. unbelievably keen on what you suprise us with ;)

kind regards

anselm

JohnnyRandom
01-24-2007, 10:47 PM
very nice :D thanks, it is a great help to be able to remove and redo objects/settings.

Cheers! :beer:

mir-vadim
01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi, All. Here are another small update, which makes workflow more comfortably. Now RayFire can save and load settings, push Save button and it create rayFireSettings.ini file on C:/ (fix this later) with all spinner`s values. Change some parameters, push Load Button and it restore all parameters back.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html)

PsychoSilence
01-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi, All. Here are another small update, which makes workflow more comfortably. Now RayFire can save and load settings, push Save button and it create rayFireSettings.ini file on C:/ (fix this later) with all spinner`s values. Change some parameters, push Load Button and it restore all parameters back.
http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/13365751/RayFire_Tool_v03.rar.html)

too many users download it right now...thatīs what rapidshare tells me :( if you like i can host it for you, drop me a PM if you like.

great update tho! iīll check it definetly out later on when iīm able to download it ;)

kind regards

anselm

mir-vadim
01-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Double post. Problem with server.

mir-vadim
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks for help, but looks like now its work.
Sorry for my mistake but before use script rename it from
"RayFire Tool v.03" to "RayFire Tool v03.ms". My bad.

slime
01-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey, Mir!

Very impressive stuff, specially for only been using maxscript for three or four months!
Keep the good work, I will be around checking for any new videos :)

PsychoSilence
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for help, but looks like now its work.
Sorry for my mistake but before use script rename it from
"RayFire Tool v.03" to "RayFire Tool v03.ms". My bad.

no prob! :)

always glad to help out.

kind regards

anselm

JohnnyRandom
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Save/Load settings good idea:thumbsup:

Would it be possible to pick a gun that is already been made instead of create a new one every time you run the script?

mir-vadim
01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Gun Shoot from plane`s 5th vertex. You can create your own plane if you want, but it must have more then 4 vertex.

mir-vadim
02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi All, three days ago I finally decided to realize my idea with holes (holes in holes in holes..)
and I just do not believe my eyes what can do RayFire now. Total destruction come to Max, now you can completely destroy object peace by peace, you can create holes as deep as you want.
There are no predefined holes and new fill objects, as in previous version of RayFire.
All holes appears on fly, you can move timeslider back and forward and see how holes appears and disappears. Target object get additional geometry on fly. Also you can define what material will be in holes and use target object as deflector for debris to get really cool effect ( some debris stay in holes, then falling down in new holes ...), in video I use only ground as deflector.
New feature works only on Max 9, and if you shoot more then 30 bullets can really slow down your system, only way to work is to hide target object, but it is not a problem. In my video I used 91 shoots.
Scene rendered with Vray, Gi Engine: Irradiance map, Mode: Incremental Add to current map, preset: medium animation, and as you can see there are no any flickering.
Dust rendered with AfterBurn on second pass.
Fire created with FumeFX
Strongly recommend to download video below.
Tomorrow I will share new RayFire update for public.

http://rapidshare.com/files/15342606/RayFireTool_0_04.rar.html

JohnnyRandom
02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Holy S**T that was cool! :D Nice work!

Massemannen
02-08-2007, 06:52 AM
That.... is sooooo cool.

mir-vadim
02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
And as I promissed, here are the script.
How to use new feature: choose Pro(Max9) checkbox and optionally lights, debris, smoke or bullets. Create gun and pick it, next pick target( object which you want to destroy),
In holes option choose object(which will cut target object) with material which will be inside destructed object. move gun dummy to target, optionally create animation. Push create button, Thats all. Don`t forget save scene because I didn`t add ability to delete new object yet, and if you reload your scene don`t forget pick all objects again.

Steve Green
02-08-2007, 10:55 AM
That's very, very nice.

I'd love to see one of these implement support for cloth - I guess using PBomb as a trigger for bullet impacts?

Of course, then you'd want to be able to completely tear cloth, which Cloth doesn't support at the mo (at least not directly)

- Steve

mir-vadim
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Sorry, but I don`t uderstand you, RayFire doesn`t use any cloth and PBomb, it use Proboolean for holes and PArrays for debris and dust.

Matt^
02-08-2007, 03:09 PM
He's saying that in future it would be nice to see rayfire be able to shoot through cloth. So you can have bullet holes in clothing etc.

I'm not sure what you're meaning with the particle bomb though Steve? Sounds interesting though!

Steve Green
02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi,

yeah, I meant it would be great if it could do that in future (say you wanted to simulate a flag being shot), Pbomb was an idea as to how it might work if there was a 'shoot cloth' option within it.

In fact, cloth can give some pretty good results for simulating metal getting torn (like a shell hitting the side of a vehicle). I used edit poly/split edges on areas that I wanted the hole to be, simulated cloth on that area and used point cache to slow down/halt the simulation so it became rigid after the initial explosion.

Cheers,

- Steve

Steve Green
02-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Matt,

the pbomb thing is just that cloth can use spacewarps (wind etc.) and pbomb gives a nice punchy impact on the cloth, like something hitting it.

You could probably do the same with a quick burst of wind or displace ramped up and down though.

- Steve

mir-vadim
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Steve, thanks for remind me about PBomb, I completely forgot about this wonderful Spacewarp, try to use it in next update. I will think about cloth later, now I want to fix some bugs in this version.

Steve Green
02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Heh, yeah I wasn't trying to push you into doing it - what you have is pretty amazing now.

Fixing bugs is always good :)

Cheers

Steve

Matt^
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Steve - Ahh i see, cool idea about the cloth "dents". Not familiar with point cache though. Is this something specific to the cloth system?
By the way, whats happened to your website? I think your work is superb.

Vadim - Your script is looking amazing. Particularly love the holes-on-holes part. Not 100% sure, but in the video, as the camera pans round, it looks like you can see through some of the polys on the inside of the bullet holes to the back-facing ones on the outside of the mesh. Is this right?
Also, how do you plan to use the pbomb?

Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Steve Green
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi,

pointcache is a modifier used generally to speed up deformations (so it's not limited to cloth). Basically you store the mesh animation in a cache file so it's just a dumb animated mesh - one advantage to this is you can control the playback of the animation and even stop it very easily.

I'm not sure what you mean about the website - I've never had one that I recall, I just stick my reel up on my webspace.

If it's that, I was uploading a new reel this morning because Virgin have rebranded Telewest/NTL and have increased the space available, so I did a new HD-res one with a better bitrate.

Cheers

Steve

bardur
02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I gotta say... This tool works straigt "out of the box" and perfectly awsomely as well..
your video clip is insanly nice and so is the script itself :D

i tried this when you released your first version.. and i didnt get it working to well
But this last version works wonders, and its AWSOME to be able to blow holes and so fourth on the model with such a "visual" method :D

Fantastic work ... .. . . Keep it coming ;)

Regards
Bardur

mir-vadim
02-09-2007, 11:18 PM
to Matt^: I just now check mesh and did not found any bugs which you wrote, if you want I can send scene for you. PBomb can be used as cheap and fast way to simulate debris for far background. I try to use PBomb and if they will works good I add them in next version.

to bardur: In previous version it was not work because in previous version holes created with standard max boolean operation. In this version I use Proboolean, and want to say that Proboolean is amazing tool, after you create all holes, you can go to Proboolean subobject level 1, pick any created opearands and move them a little bit for correction ( it can helps if target object have some geometry in the air after shooting ).

PsychoSilence
02-11-2007, 10:24 PM
great update on that one! we just switched to max 9 so the update is coming handy :)

cheers

anselm

mir-vadim
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi All. Today I decide to evolve RayFire a little bit and here is another good update.
In this update I add ability to choose what kind of Pro Holes create.
Real time: create one Proboolean object with animated operands. It is too slow in viewport, but useful if you render your scene with Vray Dirt map or Mental Ray Ambient Occlusion map and if you want to use target object as deflector for debris.
Predefined: It creates one fully destructed object with animated objects which fill holes in destructed object. This method much, much faster in viewport. Optionally you can turn off animation if you want to get just fragmented target object, later you can use fragments with Particle Flow or Reactor for example.
Now you can delete all created objects. When you push Create button RayFire create copy of target object, hide original object and do all operation with copy. When you push delete button RayFire delete created objects and unhide original.
Also now every time when you push Create button RayFire hold max file. I add this feature because Boolean operation is not perfect yet. Now even if Max crashed you can easily fetch scene.
Tip: add noise modifier to Cutoff object and animate it to get different holes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16258634/RayFire_Tool_v05.rar.html

bardur
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM
When i use Max 9 Holes (version 0.4) i get a "Unable to convert: Undefined to type: Point 3"
error in the Maxscript
And in Version 0.5 of raytool i get the same error when using "Pro (Max 9) RealTime"
but i do NOT get this error when using "Pro (Max 9) Predefined"

When i get that error.. i dont get any particles/debris

How can i NOT get that error? or is that a bug somehow?
I want to be able to have debris when using the "realtime" option on... because i get a much better visual view of how its gonna look...

could you take a look at it..
or tell me how exactly you set up a simple scene... like the one you had in that video you showed

Superb tool though.. i love it :D

Regards

mir-vadim
02-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for reply bardur. You found one serious bug and I fix it already.
Reply me if you will have the same or other problems.

PsychoSilence
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you bardur for pointing that out! great to have such a frequenz update!

cheers

anselm

bardur
02-14-2007, 02:14 PM
It seem to work perfectly now :D
but i do get the "cant bind to spacewarp error" but thats just a limitation of 3D max's Maxscript right?
and thats no problem to fix afterwards ;)

but yeah.. as i sayd! it works perfectly now :D

Regards

mir-vadim
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi All, Here Another RayFire Update. I fix a lot of bugs and add layer support for each created object set.
Also I want to show my new script`s first results, I call it RayXplosion Tool (guess why).:)
Here first test renders. In this video You can see what it can do with simple box after 20 seconds. 300 K
http://rapidshare.com/files/16633221/RayXplosion.avi.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/16633221/RayXplosion.avi.html)

Steve Green
02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Blimey, by next week you'll have invented an anti-gravity engine!

Great work - is that using reactor/fracture at all or is it using it's own thing?

Cheers,

Steve

JohnnyRandom
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Vadim your way outpacing me:D I haven't had enough time to play with the last update. Good greif I am going to have to give up sleep...

RayExplosion dude nice work, that is a handy tool:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just tried it on a simple scene, works like a charm, hope to get some more free time to try a something a little more complex .

mir-vadim
02-16-2007, 08:45 AM
to Steve Green: Yes of course it use Reactor and Fracture, I think for now it is only way to create realistic physics in Max
Who told you about anti-gravity engine, it is a secret information.:)
to JohnnyRandom: Ok, ok I will work slower.

Fabio da Costa
02-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Amazing work!

It would be great if could develop a tool like this for braking glass windows, simillar to blast code for maya.
Here is a example:
http://www.blastcode.com/gallery/sample.php?pid=104

Keep up the fantastic work!:thumbsup:

bardur
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Your a machine!
RayXplosion seems to be sweet! :D
I havent tested the new raytools.. but ill be all over it in a few moments
its a damn fine tool... it really is

BTW: as # Fabio da Costa sayd... it would be extremly awsome if it would be possible to produce a "Blastcode" like tool...
i know about a lot of 3D max users that have asked the "blastcode" makers about a port to 3D max.. but they say that there are just to few people that have asked.. (i have also tried)

But keep up the GREAT work

Regards

iceman32
02-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello

WOW, Really cool script man!
Are you still building it with more features?

Stefan

mir-vadim
02-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Yes, but first I decide to release my new script RayXplosion v0.1 and after I will add some features to RayFire. Maybe combine them a little bit. I think I release RayXplosion in next two days.

rs3dcg
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Great, this really the coolest script and solves my problem of
thinking about how to animate a Dig_Tools session from
http://cafe.daum.net/maxscript ...

I talked to the Blastcode people and they plan a max release
for years now, but thanks god RapidFire is here :)

Thanks so much, Rob

iceman32
02-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Great that you still working on it, very nice :D

Are Blastcode going to be released for max? I Thought it didn't...

Stefan

Steve Green
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Cheers,

I've used fracture in the past, but I've found it a bit tricky to get consistent results out of it.

- Steve

mir-vadim
02-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi, yesterday I finally decide to learn how functions work, and after I understand how stupid I was all this time. Thanks to functions Finally I get ability to add multiple target support and one completely crazy feature.

Now RayFire can really impact to target object, now on every shoot target object move away, it looks so cool.

Here video: 270k. All scene solving takes 1 minute.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17633900/RayFire09.avi.html (http://rapidshare.com/files/17633900/RayFire09.avi.html)

Steve Green
02-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow! - so I guess from that last video, it's not a huge step to trigger a ragdoll simulation?

- Steve

JohnnyRandom
02-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Haha... again WOW, are you using reactor or is the impact movement purely scripted?

JHaywood
02-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Nice job. You're a scripting machine! I can't even catch up at this point. :)

JohnnyRandom
02-23-2007, 03:42 PM
James, I wish you would keep working on your script, I like that fact that it uses pflow, much easier to manipulate your particle behaviour.

iceman32
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
So cool... Keep up the good work man and let us all use it. This is a really great script!!!
/Stefan

supremepizza
02-23-2007, 05:05 PM
James, I wish you would keep working on your script, I like that fact that it uses pflow, much easier to manipulate your particle behaviour.

Well he was kind enough to post it as a .ms so do as I did and tear into it. This is a really fun script to play around with.

mir-vadim
02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi all, finally I finished new RayFire version and here it is. There are also 2 sample scene where you can quickly test new feature.

to Johnny: Yes, it use Reactor as RayXplosion
to James: Thanks James, maybe You right, because all this scripting is not hard for me. I just think and write whatever I need, but also I spend a lot of time to achieve such results. At this time I really need some max script practice and that is why I spend so much time for it. Soon I will finish my work project and finally start create my reel. Hope to see new update for Winchester Fx. I want to use it too in my reel because, as Hohnny said, it uses PFlow.:thumbsup:

JohnnyRandom
02-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Well he was kind enough to post it as a .ms so do as I did and tear into it. This is a really fun script to play around with.

Merely stating words of encouragement, I think James has a great script in the works. I have been playing with both of these scripts since they started working on them. Yes, it would be a really fun script to play around with if I was better a writing script (and I am not) maxscript and I are acquaintances not the best of friends:D I'm sure you could do some fine work with it...can't wait to see it:)

Nice work yet again:thumbsup:, looking forward to seeing your reel...thanks for the fun...

bardur
02-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Your script rocks big time
and the newest additions just blow this thing away :D
its simply awsome :D :D

Ill obviosly use it in some animations im gonna make ;)

Thanks for that cool script

Regards
Bardur

iceman32
02-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Hello

Thanks for this great update man, really cool new features. Keep it up man, love it.
One thing I wonder is the files you provided in the last build, I canīt open them in max 8 or do I have to use max 9?
It complains about missing dlu files... Do you use any plugins that I don't have?

/Stefan

mir-vadim
02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys.
I have already finished Displace support for animated multiple targets and now work on reactor support for them. First test looks cool, you can animate impact objects and they will fall down only after first hit. I think I share new update tomorrow.
to iceman32: Yes, they created in max 9, without any plugins.

iceman32
02-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Wow, maybe a new build later today, that was fast work man, great.

Thanks, it's working better in max 9 :P

Stefan

PsychoSilence
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
same here! tested it with max 8 as well but some new features like the holes an stuff donīt seem to work anymore. another reason not to uninstall max9 :D

kind regards

anselm

mir-vadim
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Hello, here promised update.

Now RayFire works fine with Displaces and can hit animated objects.

Just look video.

http://rapidshare.com/files/18452515/RayFireToolReactorMulti10.avi.html

I test reactor and displace features on max 8 and it works.

All holes absolutely max 9 features because they use ProBoolean.

I delete old holes feature for max 8 also because they were awful.

PsychoSilence
02-26-2007, 11:27 PM
WOW! Thatīs what i call an update frequency :)

The video is so promising! great job on that one. damn i just wanted to find some sleep but i guess i have to delay this :D

Right now i got some kinda frontpage feeling for this tool. dunno if iīm wrong but this deserves a little more attention imo ;)

kind regards

anselm

EDIT: Coulndīt stand myself :D

prox-emics
02-27-2007, 03:19 AM
:eek::eek:

just came across this from another thread..totally front page material! this is amazing! gonna play with it all night probably!!

edit:
quick question:
would it work with max 8 if you have pro boolean?

Steve Green
02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't know if this is already planned, but would it be possible to have rays fire out in all directions, so it's more like an explosion going off, with shrapnel causing the holes?

Cheers,

- Steve

mir-vadim
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks, PsychoSilence.
to prox-emics: Sorry, but I don`t know because I have not ProBoolean as plugin for Max 8
to Steve Green: It`s nice idea Steve, it is not too hard and I will think how add this feature in next RayFire update. Thanks.

noouch
02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I still haven't gotten the opportunity to test the full functionality since i'm still using max 8, but as far as I can see right now, all it booles out of the target is simple spheres. How about a bit more control over the holes, such as custom meshes, or noise on the spheres, perhaps?

mir-vadim
02-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Actually You already can do it, push "Pick Cutoff/Hit" button and pick any closed object, also you can add noise modifier on it and animate noise phase to get more difference holes. And don`t forget about material.

prox-emics
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
cool..i will try and run some tests on it tonight when i get home form work, and post what i find..very awesome work man, very awesome.

bardur
03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Do you have any new updates # mir-vadim?
maybe some updates on RayXplosion ?

looking forward to try out your new stuff... ;)

Regards
Bardur

mir-vadim
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi, yes I have new update for RayFire. I didn`t add any new features in this RayFire update, just fix bugs. Also I finish RayXplosion, I change it a little and add one cool feature.
Now it contains two rollouts: one can cut object, second rollout just helps with Reactor. The main feature in this rollout that it can blow objects using Reactor.
I think not only I have problem trying to blow some objects using reactor, that is why I wrotte this simple but cool feature, now You can easily explode a lot of objects, just pick object which will represent bomb, set explosion strenght and that is all. It realy very fast and very easy. I try to share RayFire and RayXplosion today with small video tutorial for RayXplosion.

bardur
03-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Cool !
looking forward to try out your new stuff :D

Regards
Bardur

iceman32
03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Me to, really looking forward to it ;)

JohnnyRandom
03-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I think he was taking a well deserved rest:)

bardur
03-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I can only imagine!...
Damn.. mir-vadim has been throwing out updates as a squirrel on speed
;)

Regards

mir-vadim
03-13-2007, 10:23 AM
:)
Hi, actually all last week I was finishing my work project, And I completely haven`t free time.
But as You ask new update, here it is.
RayFire v.0.11 and RayXplosion v.0.01
Fracture rollout in RayXplosion is not finished yet, but you already can try it on simple, closed, pretty subdivided mesh. This part need a lot of work for now.
But reactor rollout works great, we already use it in our new project.
Here video tutorial for RayXplosion, it shows how to use coolest feature in it. 7Mb.
http://rapidshare.com/files/20790818/RayXplosionBombTutor.rar.html

PsychoSilence
03-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Thatīs Great!!!

i will try and report on that later today :)

Already watched the sample movie! everything looks veeery promising here. the negative strength effect is cool...instant "black hole" :D

i can only hardly imagine how much time this will save in production...

still wonder when this thread is getting the attention it deserves...

kind regards

anselm

Phibmobil
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Cool tool mr !!

This will come in very handy indeed !! Thanks for sharing.

Thumbs up !!
!Phib

JohnnyRandom
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Simply put... wonderful! Well thought out, nice interface. Rollouts:thumbsup:

still wonder when this thread is getting the attention it deserves... agreed, put it up on Scriptspot.

BTW Vadim check THIS (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/deconstructor) out, Mark Lorenz built this, works really well, you may have seen it, if not, give it a look:) it only fractures geometrically but pretty cool none-the-less.

muzbee3d
03-14-2007, 12:57 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon9.gif I just don’t get it ! Can someone please post the
" Rayfire for IDIOTS " operation manual !
Looks like a fun tool to try…..

TIA

PsychoSilence
03-14-2007, 06:38 AM
for RayExposion there is a tutorial video already. maybe there will be a RayFire tutorial in the future soon. Maybe just wait for the v. 0.12 to come out ;)

cheers

anselm

Glacierise
03-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Man, this is crazy! Can't believe my eyes!!! What a wonderful tool! Thanks!!!

mir-vadim
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
to muzbee3d: Video tutorial for RayFire nice idea, I will create one soon.:thumbsup:

to JohnnyRandom: actually I decide change rollout to floater after I tried Your script for FumeFx, it thanks to you.:)

In tutorial for RayXplosion I was not show how quickly you can change physical parameters,
mass, friction, elasticity and get different results.

mmoses00
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes... a massive timesaver.

I would love to see RayExplosion pieces give "shrapnel damage" to objects.
Example: explosion pieces that break away part of a building/punch holes in it.

These tools should be a part of Max 9 Reactor toolbar, maybe as a "subscription" release before Max 10 comes out.

THX. great work, great tools!

supremepizza
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
same here! tested it with max 8 as well but some new features like the holes an stuff donīt seem to work anymore. another reason not to uninstall max9 :D

kind regards

anselmProBooleans and ProCutter wasn't released for non-subscribers until Max9. Even with the Max8 extension there was no script support for ProCutter but ProBooleans did have full script support. :eek:

PsychoSilence
03-15-2007, 09:35 AM
yes, thatīs why the user should have max9 to get RayFire working out right. In former versions of RayFire ProBooleans and ProCutter werenīt implemented so it works still with max 6-8 i think...

OR i got your post wrong :D

cheers
anselm

JohnnyRandom
03-15-2007, 05:11 PM
RayXplosion working great...

EDIT: My bad it was another script I was using to fragment the target object that caused the issue.

mir-vadim
03-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi, today I want to share for You new RayFire update.
In this update I add support for deformable objects, You cannot create displaces or holes on it, but you can create lights, debris, smoke, decals, bullets and Custom object.
Custom object is another new feature, maybe the coolest feature in RayFire.
Now instead using lights, debris, smoke or decals defined by me, You can create Your own object, it can be whatever You want, any lights, particle system, geometry objects, etc.
Also you can animate custom object`s position, rotation, scale and any properties and RayFire automatically synchronize this animation with impact frame.
This update gives you much more freedom then any previous.
Also at one pass you can create multiple custom objects.

http://rapidshare.com/files/21300601/RayFire_v_12.rar.html

and thanks to PsychoSilence here mirror
http://www.core2core.de/Mir-Vadim/RayFire_v_12.rar

I try to create video tutorial at weekend, where I will show how to use all RayFire feature.

supremepizza
03-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Excellent work as always.:applause: I'm going to add a little constructive criticisim if I may. I realize you're probably tired of looking at the same script for so long and want to move on, but you may want to look into the .visible property for UI items. There's just so much info on a single rollout that it's a bit intimidating. GUI design isn't the most fun aspect of programming but creating a productive workflow is an art that deserves attention. :wip: Especially when you've done such a great job on everything else.

Rock on mir-vadim:buttrock:
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thanks for the great tool. :cool:
Bill

mir-vadim
03-20-2007, 04:16 PM
[color=white]Hello, here new RayFire Tool v.0.13 update.
to supremepizza: thanks for constructive criticism, in this update I work a little on GUI design and make it more friendly and organized.
Also I add one new very useful feature. Now instead using gun to define impact points You can define them by hand. That's how it works:
1. Define only one impact object
2. Choose any effects you like, lights, debris, smoke, decals or custom object.
3. Push Instant Action button and just pick any point on defined impact object. RayFire will create defined effects at this point and automatically animate all effects (and move all animation for custom object) at slider-time frame. You can use this feature to simulate shotgun shoot, just pick several points at the same time. This feature don`t work with deformable objects, and you cannot use displace feature (yet), but it works with all proboolean features and with Reactor Hit feature. Looks very funny, you pick point on impact object and RayFire automatically hit object from view-port direction.

Glacierise
03-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Mir-vadim, will this work with rag dolls? :D I fel violent :) Will try it!

zglows
04-01-2007, 06:42 AM
mir-vadim: THIS IS SO AWESOME!
i just can't believe how good this is, please keep working on this amazing tools
can't wait for new releases... and the rayfire tutorial

i'm currently lovin rayxplosion and im playing alot with it

mir-vadim
04-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi all, today I finally decided to create tutorial for new RayFire v.0.14
In this version I fixed a lots of bugs, make it more stable, much more stable.
Now RayFire works properly when you Load max files or delete objects from simulation.
Copy RayFireTool.ms in 3DSMAX\Scripts folder and RayFireTool_Startup.ms in 3DSMAX\Srcipts\Sturtup folder. Only in this case it will work properly.

Here all tutorials in one rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/24655983/RayFireTutorial.rar.html - 52MB
or by one
http://rapidshare.com/files/24638818/RayFire_01_ReactorHit.avi.html - 6MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24639294/RayFire_02_Displace.avi.html - 3MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24639844/RayFire_03_Holes.avi.html - 5MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24640625/RayFire_04_Lights_Debris.avi.html - 6MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24641252/RayFire_05_Smoke_Decals_Bullets.avi.html - 5MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24642726/RayFire_06_Custom.avi.html - 15MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24643522/RayFire_06_01_Deformable.avi.html - 3MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24647323/RayFire_07_InstantAction_01.avi.html - 9MB
http://rapidshare.com/files/24649589/RayFire_08_InstantAction_02.avi.html - 5MB This one really cool

I Hope they will help you.

muzbee3d
04-06-2007, 08:26 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif mir-vadim, your awsome !

zglows
04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
woohoohoo!!! great!!
haven't seen any of the tutorials yet but i'm downloading them right now...
it's so cool you keep making this better...
i've told all my friends about your tool and they love it!

Glacierise
04-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Extremely cool! Will play with it ASAP! Thanks man!

PsychoSilence
04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
youīre my man! again congratulations to such an impressive tool.

kind regards and happy easter!

anselm

zglows
04-08-2007, 04:37 AM
love the tuts...!

JohnnyRandom
04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Just got a chance to watch your tuts, great work! I have to abmit you were adding so many features I was starting to get a little lost. Thanks for the tutorials.

The create>custom is A+ :)

Great to see this script evolve into a super tool!

mir-vadim
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi and Thanks all. Your support really helps me.
Today I share new RayXplosion tool. I add ability to define simulation geometry before simulation, fix bugs and make it more stable. Actually the same fixes as in new RayFire.

Here link to old video tutorial
http://rapidshare.com/files/20790818/RayXplosionBombTutor.rar.html

And script

PsychoSilence
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
very nice indeed! glad thereīs an update to such a great tool like RayXplosion, really time saving! if you like i host it for you further on :)

kind regards

anselm

mir-vadim
04-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks and of course it will be great if you host RayXplosion tool. In future, you can host my scripts without asking me. Thanks again.

PsychoSilence
04-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Here we go :)

http://www.core2core.de/Mir-Vadim/RayXplosion.zip

kind regards

anselm

zglows
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
so cool!
love rayxplosion so im downloading right now

thanks so much for this... and you even made a tutorial... unbelievable!

mir-vadim
04-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, Here new RayFire update. v.1.15
In this version I as always fixed bugs.
Removed old stupid constraint - now you can use any geometry object as gun, not just 2*2 plane, RayFire will shoot from pivot point in z axis direction.
Added Bake Transform checkbox for displace feature - this mean that now you can use displace feature on deformable objects.
Made all spinners in options (except holes and subdivide level spinner) interactive, now if you want change any parameters for any created stuff just change them in RayFire instead of delete created stuff, change parameters and create them again.
I added Information section with progress bar which will help you to understand what exact happening.

Also I placed RayFire at Scriptspot.com
http://scriptspot.com/3ds-max/rayfire-tool
Well, thats all. I hope You like it.

PsychoSilence
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
impressive update!

the gun thing is nice indeed. but you gotta LOVE the progress bar/ information section.

turning our to be a MUST HAVE tool for max vfx artists!!!

kind regards

anselm

zglows
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
well, what can i say? IMPRESSIVE, this tool is getting pro man, and it's great
this is one of the best updates you've done so far

i can't believe the results i'm getting with this...!

Omniluxe
04-21-2007, 02:49 PM
maybe one of the greatest tool i ve seen so far.i have just one little problem:
when i hit on instant action, the button turn into "active" and nothing happen when i re click on it to make it inactive, my mouse is stuck into tracking mode.

mir-vadim
04-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Push right mouse button to abort instant action.
In v 1.15 I added information section, you can read this help there.

PsychoSilence
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
i plan on a serious shot using rayfire for my vfx reel! i strated to biuld up the scene and tracking the footage today :) hopefully i can show some more in detail within the next days...

mir U rock hard!

kind regards

anselm

mir-vadim
04-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Cool. I already add instant action feature for deformable object, now you can create all chosen stuffs and custom objects on deformable objects. RayFire will automatically attach them to surface. Tell me if you need this feature before I share new update.

PsychoSilence
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
thatīs really kind from you :)

what i plan to do is a simple chase where a minigun tries to get a character...so for what RayFire is able to do itīs a real simple setup :) just a lot of demolition :D but iīm really looking foreward to this feature! means you can now aim on literally everything that moves including animals and humans :D paintball-massacre :D

kind regards

anselm

mir-vadim
04-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi, today I added displace support for instant action feature, now You can create displaces by hand and RayFire automatically subdivide closest faces and bind displaces to impact object. Also now RayFire remember all stuff created in last Instant Action session. This mean that now you can quickly delete them or change their proprties.
I try to share new update at this week (maybe even with video tutorial about all last features).

mir-vadim
04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi, I test a little new update and it works fine.
As I said earlier in this update (v.1.16) I add instant action feature for deformable object, now you can create all chosen stuffs and custom objects on deformable objects. RayFire will automatically attach them to surface. I add displace support for instant action feature, now You can create displaces by hand and RayFire automatically subdivide closest faces and bind displaces to impact object. Also now RayFire remember all stuff created in last Instant Action session. This mean that now you can quickly delete them or change their properties.

PsychoSilence
04-24-2007, 06:32 PM
the instant action function is off the hook!!!

the interactivity the tool provides in this taken further state is just awesome. you can test your shot with a fairly low amount of everything and if itīs going into the desired direction just increase everything...a REAL timesaver indeed!

i must admit RayFire has a quite huge funcionality now. too much for a single evening to get :D at least for me. maybe soemone will create tutorials with sound. i get most of the details maybe iīll do. this deserves a single tutorial DVD in connection with RayExplosion :D

a highly undervalued tool and artist!

mir you kick majour a§§ ;)

kind regards

anselm

zglows
04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Noooooo!!
Unbelivable... im seriously scared you'll start to charge for this
this is so cool you have no idea, and please people post some work done with this, i wanna watch!

loran
04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Amazing Tool RayExplosion!!
I have just 2 questions about it:
1-What is used from basic reactor functions to create the bomb?
2-What do the 2 columns in Bomb section (Animate, Strenght, Rotation)?

mir-vadim
04-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi, loran.
The Bomb is totally my simple algorithm, it just create animation for Throw objects moving them in all directions from Bomb object. You can see what it does if check off "create animation" checkbox. RayXplosion takes all objects, find average distance from bomb object and move all objects at this distance, strenght spinner just multiply this distance. First animation spinner define how many frames they will move at this distance after explosion and second spinner define when reactor start create animation (4 and 2 means that object will move 4 frames after explosion and reactor start create animation after 2 frames after explosion - in the middle), rotation spinner just rotate object a little, it makes explosion more realistic.
Hope my explanation helps you.

Massemannen
05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Vadim! Amazing tool...

Is there any development on this or is the latest release the final one?

Take care!

mir-vadim
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Which tool you mean?
RayFire last vesion is 1.16, and I think for now it have all necessary features for creating cool effects.
For RayXplosion since last shared version I added only one feature (direct blow - it blow objects using bomb`s Z axis), also I work a little on fracture rollout. When I finished it I will share new version here and on scriptspot.

pyroskat
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi, very thanks for this script, is simply brilliant. I have one problem with rayXplosion, Im working with meters. and When I create an scene, my objects are interpenetrating with other objects. Its like the col. tolerance is to high. When i setup the same scene manually i dont have this problem. Maybe its for the units? thanks.
with the tool fracture inside rayxplosion, can you explain the fragmentation type fragmentation object? I have some problems with it. When i put for example 15 fragments i only have one fragment.
If I put 100 fragments I have like 30 little fragments and one very very big fragment, is this a bug?

pyroskat
06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry, You can change it in utility panel of reactor and affect the script. :) I notice from this now.

mir-vadim
06-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi, pyroskat. Thanks for remind me about not finished RayXplosion. Yesterday I Finally find some time and finish reactor rollout, modify fracture rollout and put it all on Scriptspot.
Check Signature.
And here:

PsychoSilence
06-02-2007, 02:04 PM
great to have an update! :bounce::thumbsup: just yesterday i usd RayXplosion works like a charme! iīl promote the update.

kindest regards,

anselm

mir-vadim
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi all, I spent last few days improving RayFire and here new version 1.17.

Updates:

Since I added Custom feature I can create any objects with any animated parameters.
All other stuff (lights, smoke, debris, decals) became not so useful, that`s why I decide to improve this part.
First I added variation spinners for Smoke and Debris and size and speed parameters for bullets.

But the coolest feature is that now all stuff spinners (except holes, bullet speed and subdivide level) became really interactive.

Even if You create some stuff, exit Max and load scene again you will still keep ability to change properties in all created stuff through RayFire.

Just check on Global Interactive checkbox before change any parameter. Also this feature works with debris reference, debris deflector and light color.
This is last update for next two month.

PsychoSilence
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
great update on the property change and spinner thing! downloaded right away!!!

:) kindest regards, pal

anselm

JohnnyRandom
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks Mir

This is last update for next two month.

Enjoy the summer :D

mir-vadim
06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi, yesterday I decided to add in RayXplosion one my new idea - Debris.
With this feature RayXplosion will create additional objects before explosion and then explode them too. You can use active objects as debris or define them manually.
Here small tutorial about this feature and new version 1.4
RayXplosion Debris Tutorial - Rapidshare - 13 MB (http://rapidshare.com/files/35971009/RayXplosionTool_Debris.avi.html)

Tell me what do You think about this feature.
Thanks.

pyroskat
06-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Simply wow! Thanks thanks thanks! this new feature is very cool. I dont know how is blastcode for maya but this script is really a pro tool. Debris are fantastic!
This guy from fxwars: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=139&t=500444 use a plugin for lightwave. I really like the cutting and clean effect that he makes in this bridge. Is this possible with this plugin?
Very good job, thanks so much!

PsychoSilence
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
such a nice addition!

lots of debris :D iīll try that out tomorrow.
it would be nice i you could add scene states to render like debris only, active objects only...to have a kinda pass management. i thought about that using RayFire because if you mass up the scene objects lots of stuff is going to happen. the tool gets really complex! which is more then great! a true allrounder and must have for a VFX artist!

kindest regards,

anselm

pyroskat
06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
After playing a little wiht rayxplosion my two suggestions:
On unyelding Objects options why I have mas? this objects will be not calculated on the simulations, no?

One very good feature will be that you can choose some objects on the active list objects and select differents mass for different objects (variance is a cool feature but some time you need to specify some mass for a special object. and the same for the inactive objects.

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understandme.

mir-vadim
06-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks PsychoSilence and Pyroskat, I will think about scene states, it`s good idea.
Also I will remove mass options for unyelding objects, it`s my old mistake.
If You want to apply different mass to active or inactive objects manually, just check off Create Anim. checkbox and rayXplosion will create only base animation for explosion. Then select objects and apply preferences you want manually, after that simply create animation using standard reactor Create Animation button. Actually this is only way to use Havok 3 solver which is much faster then standard Havok 1. In tutorial I used Havok 3.

pyroskat
06-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Ok, thanks. One error that i have is that when I defract one object with xplosion tool, and I do a scene undo (control z) max 9 crash suddendly.

There is any possibility that when I'm on interactive mode I can create holes and make the reactor works at the same time? at this moment I only can chek one or the other tool.
Thanks so much!

mir-vadim
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks for note, I will fix this error as in RayFire.
In earlier RayFire version I tried to combine Reactor Hit and Hole features but for some reason
max sometimes shown me note about very serious error and crashed. Proboolean is very powerful tool but it`s so unstable. That why I separated these two features. Only can say that it looks very cool, You shoot one object, hit and create holes in it and next bullet shoot and hit object behind first. Maybe in Max 10 this error will be fixed.

JohnnyRandom
06-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Debris is great! Script seems to run alot better since I tried it last. Nice:D Thanks!

mir-vadim
06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks Johnny.:)
to PsychoSilence: I didn`t decide yet how to add render passes in RayFire, but I quickly add two buttons for each stuff - Select All and Hide\Unhide All. It`s especially useful for smoke and debris. I think these buttons will make workflow faster and more convenient.
Here small update:

pyroskat
06-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I think that this will be in the front page soon. :)

You are doing an excellent job mir-vadim!

mir-vadim
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of people who thought like You. :)
I think this thread will be in the front page only if I create something like Nucleos for Max. :banghead:
But thanks anyway.

PsychoSilence
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
great improve!
maybe apply a matte shadow material button to each part so one could easily set it as matte objects. just a quick thought! i will see after i tried the update ;)

kindest regards,
anselm

mir-vadim
06-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi All, tomorrow I will move in Saint Petersburg for a month and here my last progress with tools.
RayFire Tool v.1.19
Add Freeze\Unfreeze Buttons for All created stuff, Also I add Select All, Hide\Unhide All and Freeze\Unfreeze All buttons which work with all Objects created with RayFire.
The coolest feature in this update is three interactive modes. Local, global, and selection.
Check on Local if You want to change properties in stuff`s created last time.
Global to change properties in all stuff`s no matter when You create them. And Selection if You want change properties only in selected stuff, don`t worry if You select too much objects, Lights and some geometry objects for exmple, RayFire will change properties properly.
RayXplosion Tool v.1.5
Fixed bugs, Add Select\Hide\Freeze Buttons for Debris.

Debneyink
06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
good work!,
I was wondering whether you had a tutoiral?

mir-vadim
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
There are several video tutorial at Rapidshare.com. You can find links at scriptspot (http://scriptspot.com/3ds-max/rayfire-tool)

PsychoSilence
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey Mir,

all the best for your move! Hope to see you back online soon :)
As ususal mindblowing improvements here...

kind regards,
anselm

PsychoSilence
06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
i miss some menu topics like ground objects pick etc? or am i just stupid? all that was featured already...but just took a brief look...

and i you hit create by accident a second time. you arenīt able to delete both simulations. only the last one. would it be possible to have a delete last, delete all button? and when i close the window which happens from time to time by accident every setting is lost :( cant even delete the old sim...:sad:

kindest regards,
anselm

mir-vadim
06-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for note, Psycho. :thumbsup:
This update specially for You, buddy.
RayFire Tool v.1.20
1. Now RayFire remember All created objects and Last created objects no matter when You create them. Check On "Last" interactive mode. After that You can select\hide\unhide\freeze\unfreeze all last objects or make the same operations for any kind of stuff using their local SHF buttons.
2. RayFire remember all settings when You close it and load them when You open it.
3. And coolest feature - Presets :bounce:. Now You can save as many preset settings as You want, Push Save button, give proper preset name and after that You can load them at any time.
I think it is good idea if load preset button will work in conjunction with any interactive mode. Maybe I will add this feature in next update.
Make sure that You unzip archive properly. Thanks.

SoLiTuDe
06-24-2007, 06:42 PM
You're the man, Mir! It just keeps getting better and better! :thumbsup:

mir-vadim
06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks SoLiTuDe. Maybe it will be interesting for You, yesterday I thought how to add FumeFX support in RayFire and finally I understand that RayFire already has basic support.
That`s what I did. I create FumeFX simple source object and animate it`s temperature, fuel, and smoke parameters. Set all amount to 0 at 0 frame, then at frame 1 I set fuel at 40, Temperature at 300, and Smoke at 4 (not the best parameters but it`s enought for start), and at frame 5 again set all parameters at 0. At this stage I create only basic fire and smoke effect.
Then I add this source as Custom object in RayFire and creat simple shooting. After that I create simulation container, add all created simple sources and lights in it, and start simulation. For close shooting this smoke much better then Afterburn smoke.

P.S. Completely forget, as now You work at Blur, what You can say about Daniel`s Impact
System Tool? Diego said me that they are improved it a lot and made it "node based".

If someone want to know what is it Impact System Tool and why I create RayFire Tool can find some info Here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=183&t=438007&page=1&pp=15)
Post 43 and 44 my favorite. :)

SoLiTuDe
06-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey Mir,

I've been too busy to test out the impact system tool... but I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know more about it (if I'm allowed :)) .. I know they've made a lot of improvements, but they just dont' have enough time to develop it.

--FumeFX support would be flippin awesome... especially if you add the ability to save / load the fumefx settings along with the rayfire stuff. Don't forget about fumefx muzzle flashes too! :)

PsychoSilence
06-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for note, Psycho. :thumbsup:
This update specially for You, buddy.
RayFire Tool v.1.20
1. Now RayFire remember All created objects and Last created objects no matter when You create them. Check On "Last" interactive mode. After that You can select\hide\unhide\freeze\unfreeze all last objects or make the same operations for any kind of stuff using their local SHF buttons.
2. RayFire remember all settings when You close it and load them when You open it.
3. And coolest feature - Presets :bounce:. Now You can save as many preset settings as You want, Push Save button, give proper preset name and after that You can load them at any time.
I think it is good idea if load preset button will work in conjunction with any interactive mode. Maybe I will add this feature in next update.
Make sure that You unzip archive properly. Thanks.

the preset thingy is an incredible improvement! both thumbs up!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lets share some presets/scenes :)

kindest regards,
anselm

supremepizza
06-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Comment the heck out of this script please if you get the chance. I'm trying to keep up with you as well and am hoping I can wrap my head around this one.

/* Thanks for all the great work and keep it up
Thanks again for releasing this for us to play with */

Cheers,
Bill

mir-vadim
06-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Ok. Yesterday I saw Alien 4 again, there are few very cool moments. After I saw those moments I decided to add in RayFire another very cool feature. (Try to guess what is it.) And I already add it. It works perfectly, I just want to take some time to test it.
When I will finish new update I will create video tutorial with all last features. I am thinking to create chm help file for RayFire, but it will take so much time and my English not so perfect.
But I am sure sometime I will create it.

mir-vadim
06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi, check out new update.
RayFire Tool v.1.21
Here New features.
1. Spread Shooting - now You can randomly shoot object in different places without moving gun.
2.Impact System Tool`s features – two particle systems: Blood and Sparks.
3. And thanks to Alien 4, Coolest feature - Ricochet.
This Feature has 5 controls: Maximum ricochet count, Maximum inbound angle (45 means that if inbound angle less then 45 degrees then ricochet happens) Maximum Spread Angle, and Time Shift. Also You can optionally create shape, it helps to see all ricochet path and correct gun or impact objects if needed before create other stuff. Ricochet don`t work with Reactor Hit feature and Instant Action (yet).
And here video tutorial with all improvements since v.1.17
http://rapidshare.com/files/40050704/RayFireTool_v.1.17-v.1.21_.avi.html - 23MB

Massemannen
06-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Sir, you are one helluva scripter...

I must say that this is got too be the coolest script out there! I sure am glad I started that "Impact tool by Slime thread" !!!

Thank you Vadim for all your effort...

Donīt forget that youīre moving soon ;-)

Best regards
Matt

JohnnyRandom
06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Hehe "Blood" that for Anselm? :D

Love it:)

Ricochet cool...does that include the sound effect too:D

PsychoSilence
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Hehe "Blood" that for Anselm? :D

Love it:)

Ricochet cool...does that include the sound effect too:D

hah :D iīll definitely tryxthis feature out first when i have time next week!

kind regards and all of my respect,
anselm

mir-vadim
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi all, Check out new RayFire Tool v.1.22
New Features:
1. Multiple gun support, now instead picking gun, just select them and add in gun list.
2. Multiple shots per frame, set several shots count and gun will shoot as shotgun.
3. Seriously redesign UI, it gives me possibility to add more features in future.

PsychoSilence
07-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi all, Check out new RayFire Tool v.1.22
New Features:
1. Multiple gun support, now instead picking gun, just select them and add in gun list.
2. Multiple shots per frame, set several shots count and gun will shoot as shotgun.
3. Seriously redesign UI, it gives me possibility to add more features in future.

that Multiple shots per frame is great!!
i returned back to max8 :( seems i cant run it atm :( but i would install max9 for rayfire :D

kind regards,
anselm

supremepizza
07-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Yep I'm stuck with 8 too but have been using the 9 trial just to play with this. I'm glad you tore out some of the options (Max 8) and cleaned up the UI. Much easier and intuitive to use now. Might think along the lines of a Max 8 version using some of your old code. But I understand why you're in 9 for the better script support in the tools you're using. Amazingly cool stuff. :thumbsup: I'm starting to catch up on your script. Haven't wrapped my head around it completely yet. Thanks for the excellent inside (code) work, comments, sections and explanations. Most won't appreciate it but it helps when you go back to use/modify it a year from now. It also helps me as well. I like your methods and has given me some ideas to play with. :cool: This is one monster script. :deal:Keep it up.:wip:

mir-vadim
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry, but seems that in v. 1.22 I didn`t fix one bug and reactor hit feature will not work.
Here fixed version.

Glacierise
07-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm starting to cut from sleep to play with this :) So, I have a question - in the latest interface, I don't see the settings for the mass of the bullets and the impact objects?

mir-vadim
07-09-2007, 01:00 PM
There are Reactor Hit Options rollout under Stuff rollout :eek: :) , I separate it because it takes a lot of space.

LeifKE
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
:thumbsup: HEY MIR, this is a fantastic script you making here, i have playd with it for some time now, keep it up...:)

but it seems that the last zip file you posted are corrupt, i cant open it:sad:

Leif.

mir-vadim
07-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Try to redownload file, because I have not any problem with archive.
But just in case:

dellis
07-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm getting the same problem trying to unzip it.

mir-vadim
07-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Stupid day. :banghead:

LeifKE
07-09-2007, 07:06 PM
thanks, it works fine now:thumbsup:

Leif.

Glacierise
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
There are not too many things that have made me react the way I did when I fired up some bullets at a wall, and saw it break and spray sparks and debris :D I freaked out, really :D Simply awesome! So I'm waiting for a couple of new features (mainly speed control for the stuffs), and something cool should be made with RayFire. Why don't we make a mini-challenge or something?

mir-vadim
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi, seems that after I redesign UI I made few bugs. Here new fixed version 1.23 with few features (thanks to Glacierise). Speed controls for all particles, predefined bullets, and two physical properties in Reactor Hit rollout.

buller
07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
hi
still use max7
any chance i use your script?
thn

mir-vadim
07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, holes feature only for max9, other features must work in max8 and probably in max7.
I have not even max8 to test it. Try it.

Last demo movie for 1.23
http://rapidshare.com/files/42361576/RayFireTool_1_23.mov.html

muzbee3d
07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Nice work !
Is there a way to control the speed of the bullet ? I looked at the code and cant find it..... Was trying to do a "bullet time effect " right now i manualy edit the keys to slow them down but it gets messy on the impacts. Also can the bullets move on a custom path and or be directed by deflections like wind /gravity or drag to targets ?

Best

MB

mir-vadim
07-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I removed bullet speed control since I add ricochet feature. But You can increase "speed" spinner value in ricochet rollout. You must not turn on ricochet, just increase spinner value.
I know this is not the best way, but for now use this method.
And You cann`t use any custom path for bullets.

muzbee3d
07-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Don't see a SPEED in the ricochet rollout ? ... want to SLOW down bullets.

Thanks

mir-vadim
07-12-2007, 08:23 PM
ups, sorry, it called "shift", in code this parameter called as speed, sorry.

muzbee3d
07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the "shift" tip. Made a funkey hack to steer the bullet.
Create a tube and bend and twist it, use ricochet to move the bullet through the shape with the final hit on the target, for use with heat seekers ect.

Best

MB

mir-vadim
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello people! :)
I created some help for RayFire Tool 1.23.
Link To Scriptspot (http://www.scriptspot.com/files/RayFireToolHelp_1_23.pdf)
Link To Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/54279234/RayFireToolHelp_1_23.pdf.html)
Do not judge me too strong, it is only first version.

Massemannen
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Super !!! Great move...

JohnnyRandom
09-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Nice job, Thanks:)

mir-vadim
10-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi guys. Just want to note you that I still work on RayFire Tool.
Few days ago I decide to combine RayFire and RayXplosion scripts and You cant belive how good they are work together in RayFire 1.25. I totally reworked fragmentation algorithm for RayFire, now it works perfect. After fragmentation you can quickly explode fragments using Reactor, I seriously reworked this part for RF too. Now you can shoot objects and not just create predefined holes as in previous versions, but also automatically fragment them and explode using Reactor, it is hard to explain how cool it looks. Just see the demo movies.
Fragmentation and Explosion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbzr0ofato)
Shooting with Fragmentation and Explosion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptMh-JX108)

Another new feature in RayFire 1.25 is Interactive Layer Manager. Forget about "All", "Last" and "Selection" interactive modes. Now RayFire can control as many simulation layers as you want. Interactive layer manager contains two lists. Left list shows you all simulations existed in scene. Right list shows you all existed effects in selected simulation in the left list.
Selecting different layers and effects in lists you can select, hide\unhide, freeze\unfreeze, delete them and interactively change properties in created effects.

RayFire 1.25 UI (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9080/rayfiretooluikq9.jpg)

Massemannen
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
That is sooo great!!!

Thank U for the effort and time youīve put into this!

When will you release it?

Take care!

/M

JohnnyRandom
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Watched the vids, looks good! (other than crappy youtube compression :( )

fragmentations got a good look to it, nice peices :)

muzbee3d
10-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Nicely done. your videos make it look so fun and easy !

A thought... can fragments shatter / shed debree a bit on surface impact ?

mir-vadim
10-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys.
If someone dont want to watch videos on Youtube, here videos with better quality.
http://rapidshare.com/files/61987344/RF_DemoVids.rar.html - 8 mb

loran
10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Respects

Amazing works you ve done man 8°

JohnnyRandom
10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Higher res video :thumbsup:

You going to release it or keep it all to yourself :D

mir-vadim
10-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Right now I am converting RayFire from script to plugin,
trying to use plugin`s abilities which script can`t provide.

And then I will keep it to myself. Muhahahaha. ;)

Massemannen
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Coool... But hurry so we can test it for ya :scream:

JohnnyRandom
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow! that would be insane, I can imagine you would get quite a boost in speed/perfomance over a scripted solution.

May the force be with you!

Looking forward to checking it out :)

Massemannen
11-14-2007, 07:13 AM
And then I will keep it to myself. Muhahahaha. ;)

Hope you didnīt mean that??:scream:

Just curious about the progress for this plugin?
Take care

/M

Massemannen
11-14-2007, 07:20 AM
!!!Ops double post!!! sorry

mir-vadim
11-14-2007, 08:42 AM
No, I didnt mean that. :)
Tool is ready for 95 percent.
I added some new features in last version, that is why I didnt release it earlier.
1. Reactor debris for shooting, now RayFire can create not only particle debris, but also geometry debris at each frame and explode them using reactor.
2. Now You must not manually add objects in lists each time when You launch RayFire, You can mark objects in list, and later add them in this list just pushing one button, or automatically add marked objects in lists when RayFire launched. This is really speed up workflow.
3. Inactive objects group in Reactor rollout, as in RayXplosion.
4. FumeFX smoke creation. You can create Your own FumeFx container, simulate smoke, and then using RayFire, distribute it at each impact point, or create smoke automatically. In this case rayFire will create container and source at each impact point, simulate smoke, and save cache for each of them. This part is in progress right now.
5. Muzzle flash. Nothing special. Just create omny or any predefined objects for each gun and animate their multiplier and visibility. This part is in progresss too.

Well, taking into accaunt all other RayFire features, I think, new version will rock. :)

Massemannen
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, great news! Canīt wait to get my fingers on it...

Good luck and keep up the fantastic work!

CHRiTTeR
11-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Sound great! Cant wait to see the plug with all the new stuff in action. :D

Cinemantica
11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
People have written it in this and in other threads before me. I just have to strengthen this:

- You are an amazing scripter! :buttrock: :scream: :thumbsup: :eek:

Thank you for all your effort put into this. Its simply wonderful to use, and yet so ultra-powerful.

D`Cloud
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
wow. i thnk you've surpassed the original impact system.

mir-vadim
11-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Hehe, thanks guys. :)

dellis
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah...this is really amazing...you should feel proud! Keep up the great work.

mir-vadim
11-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I feel it. :)
Here RayFire Tool 1.27 UI screenshot (http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/728/rayfiretool127uius4.jpg), if someone interested how it looks now.

dellis
11-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Is this the plugin version? Looking good! Can't wait to mess with it!

JohnnyRandom
11-17-2007, 07:16 PM
dude, it's huge! Great looking new features. How is the hard code coming along?

mir-vadim
11-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Yes, it is plugin version and actually it is not hardcoded too much.
I just making first steps at this area, but in next updates I will hardcode it more.

loran
12-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I tried RayXplod on both max9 and max2008 and I have a bug when I do "create". the animation result is only on few first frames.

Do you used a standart Reactor function to create bombs?

mir-vadim
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I guess "Create animation" checkbox is off.
When it is off, RayXplosion will create only basic animation,
but will not start create reactor animation.

mir-vadim
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I guess it is because "Create animation" checkbox is off.
When it is off, RayXplosion will create only basic animation,
but will not start create reactor animation.

loran
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Thx, your script is simply amazing man :)

and again :
Do you used a standart Reactor function to create bombs?

mir-vadim
12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
No, RayXplosion creates basic animation from bomb.
Reactor creates physical animation.

loran
12-04-2007, 08:48 AM
No, RayXplosion creates basic animation from bomb.

do you mean the Standart bomb spacewarp?
Is it possible to set up the bomb spacewarp with a reactor rigid bodie colection?

mir-vadim
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
No, Basic animation from bomb is totally rayXplosion achievement.
And I think that it is impossible to use bomb spacewarp with reactor.
Maybe PBomb force somehow, but not spacewarp bomb.

PsychoSilence
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
the new fume features are killer ;)

iceman32
12-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Any news about an update yet? ;)

mir-vadim
12-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Tests, tests, a LOT of tests. There are so much features for now, and all of them works in conjuction with others. For instance, You can fragment objects, explode objects using reactor and create holes using ProBoolean. Using just these three features together, You can shoot wall, create holes at ech impact point, then fragment cutted holes end explode them immediatelly. Also I added a lot of FumeFX stuff in last build.

Massemannen
12-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Aaaah man!!! tease tease tease :)

Nah just kidding! Itīs better too get the release as bugfree as possible but the wait is just K I L L I N G me :scream:

muzbee3d
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
большим нетерпением ожидаем увидеть
удачи

mir-vadim
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Haha, that was really pleasantly to read for me. Thanks. :)

JohnnyRandom
12-16-2007, 12:52 AM
uummmm... WOW:eek:

nice friendly looking ui, looking good.

SoLiTuDe
12-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Looking great Mir! Can't wait till I get a change to put this in production :D

entrancea
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
This is certainly a very very useful tool....thanks for creating this piece of gem.....:thumbsup:

Thanks and Reagrds,
Entrancea

iceman32
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello

I just want to ask you how the work on the update of this plugin is going? When can we expect to see it and use it?

Regards
Stefan

PsychoSilence
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
it very close to production readyness. beta testers like allan, solitude and me alraedy got their hands on. weīre working on video tutorials and detailed help files these days. itīs in version 1.30 already. mir does such a fabulous job!

CHRiTTeR
12-28-2007, 07:44 PM
You know what would be really badass since its a hardcoded plugin now. Integrate something like what blastcode for maya does. That would be a killer plug!

JohnnyRandom
12-28-2007, 11:13 PM
it very close to production readyness. beta testers like allan, solitude and me alraedy got their hands on. weīre working on video tutorials and detailed help files these days. itīs in version 1.30 already. mir does such a fabulous job!

Go team!:D

PsychoSilence
12-29-2007, 11:29 AM
You know what would be really badass since its a hardcoded plugin now. Integrate something like what blastcode for maya does. That would be a killer plug!

RayXplosion does a pretty good job fracturing objects. even with diff material IDs for in and outside:

http://rapidshare.com/files/79823598/RayFireTool_1_25_Frag_Expl.avi.html

CHRiTTeR
12-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Yes, I've seen the other examples on here too and following the thread closely.

Dont get me wrong it a nice utility/tool, but i just think the fragmentation doesnt look realistic.

The object gets fractured everywhere regardless of the speed, size and place of impact from the impactobject and all the chunks have approx the same size (so it seems anyway).

Here's a good example from the Blastcode website (hope you dont mind, its a maya only tool so
...)
Its a bullet impact example on glass. Here you can see how realisticly the glas gets fractured on impact:
http://www.blastcode.com/gallery/images/bullet2wire1b.jpg
As you can clearly see... smaller fragments on the place of impact and the farther the distance to it, the bigger the fragments.

And here's the page of the example (with a verry short video of it)
http://www.blastcode.com/gallery/sample.php?pid=104
There are some other nice examples too in their gallery

I had a link to the white paper used, but seems i lost it over time... :(

mir-vadim
12-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi, CHRiTTeR.
You right, for now RayFire has only one fragmentation algorithm.
It randomly fragments objects trying to makes all chunks with the same size.
I have few ideas how to realize algorithm about you wrote.
I think it is only matter of time when I will create something similar. :)
But first current version must be released.

CHRiTTeR
12-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey Mir, I have to say i was a little unsure to post the comment because maybe you would see it as an attack or something...

Anyway, im glad you didnt misunderstood the nature of my comment and your reply sounds like great news! :thumbsup:

Just out of curiousity... Any ideas on the pricing yet? :D

mir-vadim
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Heh, dont worry, I understood the nature of your comment correctly. :)
Hard to tell about pricing, but I think about 180$ - 195$.
This price includes one license, free updates for a next year and support.
Depends how it will sell, I will evolve it further.

JohnnyRandom
12-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Sorry, double posted

Massemannen
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Wow, didnīt know that this was about too become a commercial product ??!! Good for you, bad for me...

Best of luck!