PDA

View Full Version : landscape/beach scene/3d studio max

gills
02-21-2003, 03:15 AM
takes courage to post here - you guys are amazing.

heres a piece made in 3dsm, rendered in brazil, been using 3dsm for about 6-8 months now - still learning. feel free to comment - i've tweaked the render SO much, that this is no longer a WIP, for Im sick of working on it. But point out things that are wrong or things that could use improvement.

http://thegspot.org/fileupload/uploads/musth/beachsunset.jpg

b1m2x3
02-21-2003, 03:20 AM
just 1 thing:
the edges on the wood seems a bit hard. look at a 2x4 or drftiwood, it is never that perfect :D

other than that, nice :D

Loveless
02-21-2003, 04:12 AM
Ya need some waves mate. Looks good, but the water could be MUCH better ;)

aor
02-21-2003, 04:20 AM
yeah, waves/somethign else for the edge of the water.. and yeah , the wood could use a little tweaking.. and the ball's texture needs a little help i think.. BUT good! i like the idea!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nightwing
02-21-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey

Nice work....you asked for some comments so here goes:

Pls bear in mind that I'm not trying to be harsh, but rather am going to make suggestions that will hopefully help improve the piece.

The scale needs work, i.e. the chairs seem too large in relation to the umbrella....which is not far enough away to suggest its scale is a distance effect. The sky (while I really like it) could do with some tweaking as well...

The light on the beach seems inconsistent with the setting sun. I think the shadows should be more elongated, and looking at the shadow cast by the little table I'd say your main source is almost directly above that?

Is the beach ball punctured? unlikely it'd be driven that deep into the sand unless it was a quick seat for someone :)

The texturing in the chair wood is good, as well as on the bikini top (nice touch...I'm wondering where the woman went? hehe). The sand texture could use some work tho.

You might want to increase the mesh density in the umbrella.

Overall tho I think the render has a nice atmosphere, and tells a story. On that subject, how about some footprints leading from the chairs to the edge of the water (or wherever the people have gone) or something like that?

Keep it up!

aor
02-21-2003, 04:21 AM
ack, i just realized this was in the finished work section *takes foot out of mouth*

sorry mate, its cool! however, the suggestions still stand..

more!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

gills
02-21-2003, 05:10 AM
footprints! what a great idea....

yea, the piece needs more work, but im not gonna spam this thread with updates.

thanx for the suggestions, i'll fix the lighting, and add more noise to the water. water is hard in 3dsm without any plugins! but this was a challenge for me, utilizing a few new techniques - didnt want to take the easy way out and use vue d'espirit for the water :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.