PDA

View Full Version : BearMan WIP

SeanW
03-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Heres a character that Ive been working on. Hes supposed to be some type of bear spirit crossed with some American Indian influences. If Bobo ever sees this Ive learned a ton from how you do your textures, thanks! All comments are welcome. I plan on adding and pushing the color, its pretty bland right now so hopefully I can change that.

Thanks!

2k polys if anyone wants to know

http://dreamwinder.com.westserver.net/images/BearComp.jpg

endseason
03-27-2002, 12:34 PM
very nice ...
the tex is so clear and in style with the char...
very good work.

can u show the wireframe?

SeanW
03-28-2002, 04:44 AM
Ok, I think im done with this one. Things might change due to critique so who knows. Heres the wire you wanted. As far as pushing the color, I tried, but its so subtle that its hard to see.

http://dreamwinder.com.westserver.net/images/BearComp2.jpg

Shogun
03-28-2002, 05:25 AM
Damn that looks sweet! Unusual too. What was the inspiration behind it? I think the colour looks better. A little more might've been too much.

SeanW
03-28-2002, 06:16 AM
Insperation was that this guy is a boss of some level in this American Indian game for this club im in. Hes a bear spirit, thats all I really had to go on. I figured I would also post the concept art I did for him as well. If anyone cares :) Oh and as you can see, he looks more like a wolf, that was due to not looking at referance. I'm still debating on putting fur on his hands in the 3d version.

http://dreamwinder.com.westserver.net/images/bearguy.jpg

dido
04-02-2002, 04:32 AM
SeanW,

Could you post some mesh examples of BearMans hands? They look really nice!

dido

King
04-02-2002, 11:12 AM
I love this.

Very nice work.

My only crit is that the feet bug me. They don't look as polished as the rest of the character. (Model and Texture)
I suggest adding some beef to the foot. (Toes) More like a bears paw. (But not too much like a bears paw :)

Other than the feet, everything looks awesome.

King

SeanW
04-02-2002, 12:48 PM
hehe great eyes, your right I must have spent 2 minutes on them... shhhhh.... I'll try to fix them

Korgath
04-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Very nice shaman! :thumbsup:

Post the char. in a scene!:)

tandemar
04-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Your character is fine...
But the main problem most people have in the industry now, especially since the birth of the higher consoles...PSX,PS2 etc...
is that they start with a character.
The game is the start point.
Far too many games have intricately designed characters...and no game.
A design should not be based around a character and what he or she can do.
Tomb Raider was Prince of Persia and the main character could just have easily been an italian plumber or an australian marsupial.
But they went with a girl.
But the design is what comes first.

SeanW
04-03-2002, 10:38 PM
I agree with you tandemar, my character is not the main character but mearly a "boss" of a level. He was conceptualized after the game had been layed out. We started with a game doc and then did character concepts after.

Teknoholic
04-10-2002, 07:26 PM
He looks a lot more fearsome in the concept version. Maybe if you beefed up / sharpened the model and made his posture more aggressive, it would be more true to the ideal.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.