PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel Help

ritanim
01-19-2007, 05:19 AM
Dear Friends

I have some 3D work samples created in 3ds max & Maya. Which are some animations & images...All are high quality renderings with diff visual effects & texturing methods. I want to create a demo reel which consists of all these files. Total Duration is around 4 mins. When I create this demo reel with 480X360 size, quick time movie with and Mpeg-2 codec using adobe premiere, the file size comes around 640MB. When I saw so many people's demo reels the size was less than 100 MB.

So I have 3 questions
1. How to create demo reel with less file size but with good quality? Please suggest file format & codecs.
2. Most of the companies asking to send demo reel of less than 5 MB size through internet, how it is possible to send such a huge info to them which are mostly animations?
3. What are the important things to be observed when we create a demo reel which will increase our chances of getting a better Job?

Thanks in Advance

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2007, 05:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.