PDA

View Full Version : Foot Floor Contact Doesn't Really Work!

ConSeannery
01-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Hi,

do you guys have an idea why my characters keep penetrating the floor plane when I set it up a bit skewed?
It looks like in the screenshots. I use MB 7.5 Extension 1.
Maybe it is something really obvious, but it's totally annoying. The feet stay on the plane and also the hands when I setup hand contacts, but the body goes through it.
I got it right once, but can't recall what I did different.

Thanks a lot!! :-)http://home.arcor.de/jat06/MB1.gif

doodlyD
01-19-2007, 05:07 AM
heh
there is nothing wrong with your scene
MB has only Feet Toe Hand and FIngers floor contats
the rest you have to tweak manualy =)

ConSeannery
01-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Hm...as I said I got it right once, but I have no idea how i did it. The character automatically adjusted to the skewed plane. No floor penetration, just normal walking straight "uphil".

doodlyD
01-19-2007, 06:26 AM
look into the Character >>Character Sittings >>Floor Contacts
and you will see the truth
there is no Body floor contact or Knee floor contact
just the Feet Toe Hand and FIngers
and there is no other place for floor contact sittings

move your Hips Up and your legs will be ok

Sammer
01-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Hey ConSeannery,

I'm gonna go out on a narrow, untextured plane here (read limb) and guess... move the hips up in Y?

Other than that, you could set up constraints on other body parts to prevet them from passing through the plane.... but I doubt that's what you did....

Or are you saying that by defining an item for the hand/feet contact the hips respected that? which sounds like you then couldn't make the character squat down.

Good luck

Sam

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2007, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.