PDA

View Full Version : Hair FX - max 9 WTF?

pete
01-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi there,

just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a version of hairFx for max 9? It's driving me a little nuts 'cause I can't move accross from max 8 yet...

Thanks
Pete

Ahh crap, sorry I must have messed up my search... Just realised there was another post on this... But It still doesn't mention where to get the plugin from?? I've tried http://www.ddag.org/ but they say the max 9 version is 'coming soon'

SoLiTuDe
01-19-2007, 03:25 AM
you'll probably have to get it through turbosquid, if it's not listed on their site, email them and ask them when it will be available.

Steve Green
01-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I seem to recall people having problems e-maling them, have you tried going through their support form?

Cheers

Steve

watto
01-19-2007, 10:43 PM
hey i just posted a message with the same thing and aparently nothing yet

i e-mail´d one of the guy´s in ddag (makers of hairfx) and this is what he told me
¨ It's not released yet, ask the publisher Turbo Squid.¨

sooooo i went to turbosquid to the support thing and ive tried twice now to send them my problem and asking them for the update but not even a response

and now im fu$/ed cause i started my modeling of a character in max 9 , i did the bones, rig and skin and hmmmm no fricking hair (i im trying max´s internal hair but its bothering me a bunch that i dont have my hairfx in max 9.
if thats not all this coming friday im having a meeting to show the character to the custumers and i dont have hair o it and they will go to another place to do these commercials somewhere else if its not finished and renderd by friday morning

so you can say that im FCUKD

and still no response on the guy´s of turbosquid

good luck on that

Steve Green
01-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi,

yeah, I posted a support request and 2 different e-mails, but nothing yet, but it's only been the past day or so.

Frankly, considering these are supposed to be DCP/ACP plugins, it's not good enough to still be waiting this long after a release, otherwise what exactly is the point of this certification?

I did have an e-mail from TS about an official release of the Sitni Satni plugins, (a week after Kresimir bypassed them though) - not sure if this is the same as the Sitni Satni release, or the official version.

Maybe HairFX will be next on their list.

Cheers,

Steve

watto
01-23-2007, 05:09 PM
hey hey hey:bounce:
got the best news for all of you.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Products/L1434503/FABWWN2WKP/hairfx%20(32-bit)%20ACAP9.exe

thats the update for max 9:thumbsup:

in a bit it will be up cause tudbosquid´s page is out for the moment but today is the day hairfx comes out for max9.:thumbsup:

Steve Green
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, it seems like the ACP plugins are finally rolling out this week.

- Steve

Pkonst
01-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Funny thing, version of ACAP hairFX is older than previos one (1.6.0.66), but it's still crashes when you are selecting "Composite shadow" in any type of lights. I know workaround for this, but it's just really funny how long it took for Autodesk to certificate hairFX and they even didn't found such simple error! All this ACAP thing is BS :(

watto
01-26-2007, 06:56 PM
there is an update for the hair fx compshadow problem in the ddag page.

pete
02-05-2007, 01:04 AM
I have the new plugins but I keep getting this error that says,
"failed to initialize. Error code: 127 - The specified procedure could not be found"
The last installer I had for hairfx is for max 5 & 6 and i'm not sure if there is an updated one? I tried to install this one in the max 9 folder but it didn't work...
Any Ideas? It's driving me nuts...

Steve Green
02-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Maybe you have the new plugins but not the DCPFlics utility installed for Max 9?

Max 5 or 6 installers will not work at all with R9.

Your best bet is to contact Turbosquid through their online support forum.

- Steve

pete
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
I have to say this sucks a bit. The certified plugin buisness doesn't seem to mean anything. You still have to wait forever for it to come out and then the release is something you have to hack together...

edit -
Yeay, i got in contact with turbosquid and they gave me the latest version...
Maybe they aren't so bad after all...

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.