PDA

View Full Version : Question from noob to expert

mutombo
01-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I am currently getting my video game design degree. I have a question my school uses max and i being using maya since 2005. So, is it wise to know multiple 3d software vs one. Thanks for your answer.

TheArgylekid
01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
yes it is.

ts-falcon
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM
yea for sure its good to knwo your way around multiple pieces of software, but remember, they are just tools on the belt man, if you can model well, usually a company wont mind giving you a bit of training to get up to speed in a package. they tend to hire you for your artistic skill and abilities. long story short, they are not gonna hire a mediocre modeler that knows tons of software over an awesome one who knows only max or maya. the skills are transferable and what really matter, its just the tools that change!
just my humble opinion :P
Cheers mates

requiem2d
01-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Can't hurt, you might even like the new one more :)

Gephoria
01-23-2007, 02:33 PM
i originally used maya, same story, school for game design used max, i tend to like max a little more because i learned alot of new operations that i couldn't teach myself on max. either wayi hate unreal editor, well 2k4 hopefully the new one is better

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2007, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.