PDA

View Full Version : problems with HDR

suttercane
02-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey everyone,

Ive been testing out HDR lighting.... but I have ran into a problem. When i render things out there are tons of artifacts... Its like the image is made up of tiny dots or something. I have followed multiple tutorials and have yet to find the answer why this is happening. i thought maybe it was just my file, but no matter what file i load does the same thing. There must be something that im missing.

Thanks in advance

sorry for the small pic....

Nonproductive
02-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Check this thread
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=40192&highlight=hdri

There was also another one recently regarding the same issue...btu Ic ouldn't find it :(

suttercane
02-21-2003, 05:08 AM
Thanks nonproductive,

i think i figured it out... i messed with a few of the settings and got it to come out looking better. i still need to tweak some stuff, cause my reflections and shadows look like crap. any suggestions on how to fix those?

faulknermano
02-21-2003, 05:36 AM
when using HDR, i recommend 'cheating' alot.

for instance, use a very very low res HDR image to light your scene, and another higher res image to use a reflection map. dont use a high res image to light your scene up. furthermore, if you're using HDRShop, be _sure_ to convolute your images so that artifacting is reduced to a minimum.

SplineGod
02-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Fuzzing the image or using a lower rez version helps. You can use non HDR images and still get good results too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.