PDA

View Full Version : good old flour sack, with personality!

gunslingerblack
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM
so i decided last night after being inspired by the disney movies i've been watching recently to do alittle test animation. as of right now his tangents are still stepped, so i still consider myself to be blocking at this point. the timing is alittle "anime ninja" and im considering elaborating on more of the motion to bring it up to the "disney feature" level. so check it out and let me know what u think

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yW9BcMZhqvI

Paul B
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I think you need to add some anticipation before to jump and when it lands it needs to be more balanced in the final pose. Right now, I don't feel there's much wieght to it.

Kramerica
01-18-2007, 10:03 PM
And you critiqued my anticipation... tisk, tisk... Is that "with personality" an attack on my poor tape-eyed sack? :eek: Anyway, looking forward to seeing your example in its more final form.

gunslingerblack
01-18-2007, 10:11 PM
definitely going to go back and work on the anticipation, right now i've only dedicated 4 poses to it and as the tangents are still set to stepped and theres only 4 keys the maximum amount of frames that first piece covers is 8 so dont worry about that, i also got some critiques from some people at work so i'll be tuning in the final timing slowly. maybe more time over the weekend to work on it.

keep em comin

peace

mitchelhunt
01-20-2007, 06:51 AM
i like it, but they're right that it does need more anticipation. are you going to texture it and add a background?

gunslingerblack
01-20-2007, 06:58 AM
nah the only thing i'll be adding texture to is the animation, this exercise is merely intended for me to figure out an efficient workflow for developing quality animation inpreparation for my short, so i'll probably be doing more exercises over the next few months.

yeah im definitely gonna go back and work on the anticipation tomorrow, i have some modelling to finish up first and then i can get back to this.

Amrit-Derhgawen
01-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey there!

I totally agree with some of the above comments. I think its a good idea to add some anticipation in your primary breakdown stage. I'm not sure, what stage of blocking you're in right now. You gotta work on your spacing.....It looks like the sack is being thrown. I'm sorry, but I need to tell you what I think is correct. I like your key drawings, they look very dynamic! Good work!
Whenever you post your work for critique, I think its a good idea to provide a QuickTime movie, instead of a YouTube movie. Right now its kinda hard for me to see its every frame.

Keep working, you're coming along nicely! :)
-A

gunslingerblack
01-20-2007, 09:06 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=drs5DqFfJvU

sorry guys i have no webspace right now so we're gonna have to do with youtube for now

check it tho, more work on timing and some keys added and changed.

peace

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2007, 09:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.