PDA

View Full Version : x6...render channels...way cool

Harout
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
SO, just started playin around with xsi6...and I'm lovin the new functionalities of the Render region.

One thing I saw was the drop down menu for the various pre-setup render channels...

Maybe I'm blind...but is there a way of setting those up as render passes? in 1 or 2 simple steps?

Or do I still have to do it the old way?

Thanks

neogeo51
01-18-2007, 06:18 PM
have a look in the render manager, under the pass options there is a channel list where you can add the default render channels or your own custom channels, too.
XSI renders them in one pass.
Hope that helps.

debris
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, render channels are cool and can save LOTS of time sometimes.
Does anyone know why XSI completely re-renders the render region when I switch the displayed render channel?
I thought it was the concept to tesselate / render an image once and during that fill different framebuffers with information extracted from the rendering. It should be easy to keep these framebuffers in memory (or on disk or wherever) and to allow the user to instantly switch between them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.