PDA

View Full Version : Volcanic Mountains

Anthony
02-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Heya fellas, just another Photoshop painting, this one took 15 hours or so. No photos were harmed in the making of this image. Id est; no photo reference, no photos used. Lemme know whatcha think, k? :bounce:

http://www.antsin3d.com/portfo/Feb2k3/landscape10c.jpg

Thanks mucho!

Antimatter
02-21-2003, 12:03 AM
sweet picture. :applause:

leviwalton1
02-21-2003, 05:44 AM
reminds me of an artist cant think of his name, paints the rise and fall of an empire panels? anyways, theres a painting he did called mt cotapoxi or something like, man am i bein vague :p

what im say is its pretty sweet

frog
02-21-2003, 04:15 PM
I think the foreground could be develloped a little furter, the haze in the distance looks good but the foreground could do with a little more detail and contrast - perhaps a sense of the water lapping at the rocks etc...

Also, the rocks in the foreground have texture but no real feeling of mass, they look a bit flat. Again this is probably down to lack of contrast. It's tricky with that backlighting/soft light situation with what looks like a hazy sun behind the distant clouds but it definitely needs a lift to my eyes.

Good work though, and deserving of more replies ;)

Anthony
02-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the comments! :wip:
Antimatter: Mucho Gracias!

leviwalton1: Haha, you flatter me, comparing me to a real painter! Thanks though :thumbsup:

frog: Yeah, I think you're right. I really didn't want to draw too much attention to the forground, since its not the focus, but it could probably use a cleaning :] Perhaps the waves crashing on the rocks would be cool, I dunno - I'd need a real artist to show me how it should be, I'm not there yet! :)

Thanks again, more comments welcome/wanted!

leviwalton1
02-24-2003, 06:42 AM
yeah that artist i was talkin about was thomas cole. heres the pic i thought of when i saw yours

dave_baer
02-25-2003, 04:42 AM
Looks good, but the rock in the foreground throws me off. It just kinda jumps right out at you. Also, the way it fades out on the right side. It starts to fade before the water does. A bit odd.

I like the mood of it though. Very well lit. I was looking for your brush strokes but can only find a few. How did u get such wonderful blends?

Anthony
02-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks levi, that guy kicks my butt though :]
dave - yeah, I had to throw something in there, so it doesn't quite *fit*. Sometimes fog does behaive like that, where you can see the water more - the reason is that the water's surface properties are different(the fog is the same color as the rocks, more or less, so they blend better, whereas the water darkens the fog). I'm glad you like it though! I just use a Wacom pad to paint, so I can get opacity adjustments based on pen pressure, etc. I also like to use the lasso to select an area and them use big brushes, criss cross the marks, and then use a soft brush to fade a little. :bounce:

Check out my new pic, Queen's Walkway, in a thread momentarily!

wayonCG
02-26-2003, 01:35 AM
Nice works,looks cool!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.