PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Studio 1.7

OutCold
01-18-2007, 02:06 AM
I got a hold of Vehicle Studio 1.7 a few days ago and so far i think its a real cool physical chassis simulator, theres some issues too be dealt with but so far it seems very useable for anyone interested in making an animation wich includes cars ( this plugin is specifically for any vehicles) would have good use of this one.

Im wondering if anyone else is usingthis plugin, or would like too get into it let me know, id like too bang some heads together and see how far this engine can be pushed. :thumbsup:

(Ive done a few simple scenes with it so far but the most fun part is that you are your own stuntdriver/coordinator in your environment of choice :scream: )

mynewcat
01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I have tried a demo of it, We may need to use it for a job that we may get - so I took a look into it and it seemed OK.

We're stil waiting to hear whether we get the job or not, but if we do, I'll probably have to use it - so I'll try and look up this thread and give some feedback..

I believe there is aspecific forum for it on the manufacturer's site as well.

OutCold
01-21-2007, 12:17 AM
eeehehe, ye for legal copys

ddustin
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
We purchased 3 seats of the plugin, and have been impressed.

Collision detection could be improved when using it in accident recreations (coming so I'm told).

I would enjoy dialog on this plug-in as well.

David

JHaywood
01-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Can you post a link to the site? This is the first time I've heard of this.

ddustin
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
http://www.newplugins.com/

OutCold
01-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah its a wonderful plugin for anyone that needs too animate movement,impact or reconstruct any event with a vehicle, 599 usd or something thou :shrug: , it aint advanced enough too be marked on that price.. Have u experienced any problems with the wheels not keeping thir prooerties at animation? My wheels tend too spin off the model around something that seems too be an invisible axis, works fine with the demo model.

I do have a model where the wheels seem too be placed correctly, but at the first 3 frames oft he animation everything get inverted, wheel pointing too the right will be twisted around too the left, body is spun on startup :S . . . . any registered users that care too give me any help with this? I would love it if u could because our Development Team is concidering bying it and ive been put in charge of asessing it . sry bout my crappy anglais :D

ddustin
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Thomas,
You need to make sure you have the latest service pack for Max.
Also make sure you have a dense mesh on the terrain, perhaps even tesselate it.

The plug-in is well worth the money when you get it set up correctly.
To keyframe motion like the plugin allows as well keeping the wheels on the ground is worth a lot of time to me.

Plus once the plugin is done simulating you can go in and edit the created keyframes (it creates keyframes for each item involved in the motion).

Hope this helps,
David

ddustin
01-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Thomas and I were able to work through part of his issue with the plug-in (he has some fantastic car models).

I am pretty sure it was related to the pivot points for the wheels. That part is really never covered in the VS tutes, and I only know it cause I had something like it happen to me.

Have I mentioned Thomas has some fantastic car models?

david

OutCold
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
lol thanks m8, yeah im hoping the issue is the pivots, it seems so for now but i havent tried a clean file and set it up with my max 9 version yet , until i do that im not really certain, for anyone who has already purchased( i aint yet ) the product the developer give u great support in problem solving and he even debugs your files if needed, well worth service no doubt :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.