PDA

View Full Version : Walkcycle! again

Michael5188
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't know why but this walkcycle is giving me a whole lot of trouble. I think I'm there, but then again everytime I think I am I walk away, and when I come back I see something else wrong. I thought I'd put it up for some outside critique, here it is-

http://media.putfile.com/Walkcycle-97

Sorry the clip is so short- if I feel confident with the way it's looking I'm going to continue it longer and then into a jog, then run.

sandeeprtk
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
hi,

it's cuming quite nice...bt u've to follow some basic rule of animation...and left hand seems too jerkey from the start.....timing is fine

thumbs up

Imaginer
01-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Hi there!

It's nice, but I feel a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit of "foot floating" in the transition "heel on ground"->"opposite foot starts to bend". I may be wrong, but it seems the rear foot starts leaving the ground floor too early.

-Imaginer

Michael5188
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey there, thanks for replies, I've been doing alot of cleaning up, and I think it's looking a little better. There was some floating, and I'm trying to work that out now. It seems like I don't have time within the step to have no pop in the knee when he kicks out to step. I watch people walk on the street, and most people's knee's actually do pop a little. I've also been watching walking in animated films, and I'm seeing some knee popping there, nothing major, but enough to if your staring at the knees you see it. I'll post my updated walk later today once I pound some more out, hopefully it's getting closer.

Michael5188
01-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Ok, here's the update, I think I have it all working together a little better now.

http://media.putfile.com/walkcycle2-34

It's tough, but if I keep working at it, I think I will finally be able to finish this walk cycle!

Dervish
01-22-2007, 08:29 AM
looking a lot better already,

only 2 things i got on mind, the start, theres a wrong spaced key there,
and the hip, you could put some more weight in there, looks a bit stiff as of now.

good luck

noobie
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
i think u needa rotate the shoulder controls more the shoulders are just stiff throughout the aniamtion only the arms and hands move looks unnatural, this one looks WAaaaaay better than ur first one but i have to agree with the beginnign looking off i think u were trying to put in a little anticipation by moving back first before the walk but u might wanna make it smaller or just take it out it doesnt read that well

also u might wanna add a teeny bit more delay on those hands they look okay but they only seem to delay for like 2 frames maybe add in another frame or 2 i dunno... see if that helps make it flow better

GOOD START!

Michael5188
01-22-2007, 06:29 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Walk-03

Ok, here's another update. I tried to loosen up the body some more, and delay the hands a bit. I'm not sure what I need to fix about the arms, they looked fine to me, but I could be missing something.

sandeeprtk
02-10-2007, 04:43 AM
hi there,

its coming out nice, I like the movement of legs and hands.....nice ease in/out.....well as i think if u give up 'n' down movement to the pelvis....and rotate forarm a bit more when he's taking step....coz movement is there bt very little.......so try as i say....surely it will luk nice

nice try pal

thumbs up

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2007, 04:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.