PDA

View Full Version : net render trouble

sketchbook
01-17-2007, 05:47 AM
so i have been rendering with 3 machines quite a bit over the last few weeks. and now suddenly my mac intel laptop just sits there with the client open and won't even begin to render a frame. any ideas why this is happening? it is seen by the server, and connected in, and the server has even alloted several frames for this computer, but it just sits and sits.

i copies all the textures over the network before even beginning. not sure what is going on.

thanks

otomo
01-17-2007, 08:42 AM
no error messages?

dann_stubbs
01-17-2007, 12:31 PM
so i have been rendering with 3 machines quite a bit over the last few weeks. and now suddenly my mac intel laptop just sits there with the client open and won't even begin to render a frame. any ideas why this is happening? it is seen by the server, and connected in, and the server has even alloted several frames for this computer, but it just sits and sits.

i copies all the textures over the network before even beginning. not sure what is going on.

thanks

did you turn on the firewall by accident?

dann

sketchbook
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
no, it's really odd.

finally after restarting for a 7th time it worked again.

sheez!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.