PDA

View Full Version : Formula deformer?

terencemace
01-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Has anyone come across a formula deformer for XSI? For instance, you would select your object primitive, and then apply a formula (like Sin((u+t)*100.0*pi)*1) and get an interesting shape. Cinema 4D has this deformer. I did a search and haven't found anything similar in XSI. Anyone?

thanks

T

withanar
01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
si|3d had this exact plugin called "cvformula" lo so many years ago. :)

In XSI, this requires using a scripted operator, input the point position array from the geometry primitive, modify it with whatever math you like, then output the array back to the primitive.

I'm not sure what version of XSI you have, and if scripted ops are included in that version.

janimatic
01-16-2007, 09:45 PM
that's a great idea for a custom operator that would also work in foundation

Bullit
01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I think there is a mindthinking plugin/addon that had some functionalities for that.

terencemace
01-17-2007, 12:21 AM
That mindthink link seems to be dead. But thanks.

T

dwigfor
01-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Did you try logging on to his website?

www.mindthink.de (http://www.mindthink.de)
Codeteam
login
browse projects

I'm not sure which one you're after.. I didn't see any similar to this thread. FormulaXSI is just for making curves, right?

CiaranM
01-17-2007, 02:29 AM
That mindthink link seems to be dead. But thanks.

T

Nope, it is still there. Go to www.mindthink.de, click on 'codebase'. You may have to register or login. After that you can browse the many cool projects available. I'm not sure if this one (FormulaXSI) is exactly what you're looking for though.

terencemace
01-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Thanks guys. I'll look at that.

T

misterdi
01-17-2007, 03:49 AM
A good example is Splatter Deformer inside the XSI SDK examples.

terencemace
01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Where do I find the SDK examples?

misterdi
01-18-2007, 03:47 AM
You could load the example workgroup using the plug-ins manager, click Workgroups and use File->Connect. If you don't have any workgroup setup, there should be a button "Try SDK Example Workgroup", clicking on it will connect to SDK examples which usually is located at
%installPath%\XSISDK\examples\workgroup

Or you could browse the folder directly from that path, for example the splatterOp is located at %installPath\XSISDK\examples\workgroup\Addons\DeformOperators\Application\Plugins\ApplySplatterPlugin.js

Regards,

terencemace
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Daniel, thanks for your time and advice.

T

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.