PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback

Tlock
01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Everyone

I am taking a survey on what are the key features ppl use on a daily base with Photoshop. In most pieces of software there is an 20/80 percent rule that says that most ppl use 20% of the features 80% of the time. I would like to find out what that 20% is in Photoshop. I'm not concerned with which version ppl use so please feel free to mention anything so long as you use it regularly.

Datameister
01-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Totally depends on what I'm doing.

* For painting: Brush tool, selection tools, Color Picker, Eraser tool, alt key Eyedropper shortcut, Flip Canvas Horizontal, layers, layer masks, Color Balance adjustment layers, Unsharp Mask filter, Smudge tool, Tool Presets, etc.

* For photo editing: Curves, Levels, Unsharp Mask, Color Balance, Hue/Saturation, Crop tool, Clone Stamp tool, Camera RAW, selection tools, layers, adjustment layers, layer masks, Median filter, etc.

* For graphic design stuff: Pen tool, shape tools, paths, vector masks, fill layers, arrow tools, etc.

Tlock
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much Datameister, would you say that most of those functions are listed in order?

kiwi8
02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Shortcuts: b,e,v,w,m,o,s,d,x, space, ctrl + space, ctrl + alt + space, ctrl + enter, [,], numbers 1-0

Datameister
02-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Thank you so much Datameister, would you say that most of those functions are listed in order?

You're certainly welcome. No, I didn't really list them in any particular order.

BlueFlare
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know, but for some reason I find it easier to sum up what I don't use on a regular basis.

berniebernie
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
z and z-alt
spacebar (pan)
f (fullscreen modes)
x (switch foreground/background colors)
ctrl-n
ctrl-shift-n (new layer, very often followed by:)
ctrl-shift-alt-e (stamp visible onto layer)
v move
b brush
[] (brush size on my keyboard)
alt (copy)
ctrl to select transparency
0-9

I think I ordered by how often I use them...

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.