PDA

View Full Version : animating text

MIN_ELLIOT
02-20-2003, 03:15 PM
How do you animate text writting in After effect? with an out line

dg
02-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi,

You can use Path Text and then animating the Visible Character under the Advanced Tab.
You can also try AnimaText from panopticum.

I hope that helps,
See Ya!:thumbsup:

malcolmvexxed
03-14-2003, 12:37 AM
just wanted to make a little suggestion too. If you're new to after effects you should take the time to learn how well Illustrator integrates with it (well and photoshop too but...). In my experience you're a lot better off creating as much text in illustrator as you can then bringing it over. It will help you out a lot in animating text. i have 5.5 but I still just dont' care for a lot of AE's text options.

dg
03-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Hi,

You are right man the Illustrator integration is very good in fact same goes for PS with some exceptions, but man if don't play with AE text you are loosing a great deale of possibilities and having some extra work to animate things.

See Ya!:beer:

Lar
03-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi folks!

Yesterday I`ve dealed with the same thing - hand-written title - in AE 5.5. I made it with Vector Paint effect (Effects/Paint/Vector paint) on the layer, which had that pre-made text.

Also, I think, the other way to achieve the result is to

1.put the frame (with text only) in any 2d animation program (Autodesk Animator Pro, ...)

2. then make animation, continuosly erasing the letters

3. reverse animation, made in step 2

4. put in on the background :bounce:

(Also don`t forget to set alpha for back when rendering 2d animation)

Killerbee2
03-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Here are some ways I would do it :

- Flash (with typewriterextension, free download from Macromediasite) and import the swf in AE
- Tinderbox typewriter plugin
- Path text

Using vectorpaint would be way too complicated and timeconsuming to get the effect done. However it's nice if you have a written font and use it like you were writing it with a pen.

Kaiser_Sose
03-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by malcolmvexxed
just wanted to make a little suggestion too. If you're new to after effects you should take the time to learn how well Illustrator integrates with it (well and photoshop too but...). In my experience you're a lot better off creating as much text in illustrator as you can then bringing it over. It will help you out a lot in animating text. i have 5.5 but I still just dont' care for a lot of AE's text options.

Can you write a little ' how to ' for incorporating Ill text in to ae

Thanks

RiotManZ
03-30-2003, 07:10 PM
why no try it with animated masks over the text, which is shown more and more by time?
I remember this technique used in a 'classroom in a book' for After effects 4.0 where a handwritten text shows up over a steamtrain.

but the imo best method is the vector paint tool with animted strokes.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.