PDA

View Full Version : Referenced Model?

Memodin
01-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I have a problem with referenced model.
I have a character. It has a face morph system that morphs linked to nulls for easy controlling. I imported my model to a new scene as a referenced model. Animated in mixer. Everything is ok. But after reopen my scene, the animation is gone. Because the links between shapes and nulls are broken.

Is there a solution for this? Or is it logical to not to use referenced model never again for my project? (No need to risk)

Thanks.

mr-doOo
01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
what xsi version are you using? Do you have a custom PPG with proxies of the shapes clip weights?

Strang
01-17-2007, 01:27 AM
which version of XSI?

RenisanceX
01-17-2007, 02:47 AM
hmm i have had the same problems using 6

misterdi
01-17-2007, 03:46 AM
I have a problem with referenced model.
I have a character. It has a face morph system that morphs linked to nulls for easy controlling. I imported my model to a new scene as a referenced model. Animated in mixer. Everything is ok. But after reopen my scene, the animation is gone. Because the links between shapes and nulls are broken.

Is there a solution for this? Or is it logical to not to use referenced model never again for my project? (No need to risk)

Thanks.
Make sure that the mixer are saved in "Local Modification to Save"

When you are working with Mixer in reference model, the Mixer is lived under each model (not the scene root), and it's assume as a local modification for the scene.
Without saving this data, your animation on the mixer will be lost.

Cheers,

Memodin
01-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh no!
The problem is with version 6!
I have no problem with 5.11. And i see that 6 is not very stabil according to 5.11. There is no problem with mixer. But the links are getting broken.

A patch must be released quickly i think.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2007, 08:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.