PDA

View Full Version : Painter problem, can't draw on layers.

tempnamejoe
01-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Ok, my friend has Painter 9.5 . She has a problem where she can make layers but can't draw anything on them. I had her check her transparency; color; if it was visible or not(using the eye tool next to the layer); if the layer was on top of her canvas. None of the mentioned were the problem. I had her give me the image and see if it was something about the canvas. I didn't notice anything.

I had her uninstall and reinstall Painter 9.5 and to make sure the corel directory was completely deleted. She reinstalled it and still had the problem.

So, I have Painter 8. I had her install my copy and she still can't draw on layers. She can make them, just can't draw on them.

Is the answer something really simple? I am no Painter expert, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Here is a screenshot of her trying to draw on a layer. She made it, just can't draw on it.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/tempnamejoe/notworking.jpg?t=1169053688

-takecare

Philippec
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok, my friend has Painter 9.5 . She has a problem where she can make layers but can't draw anything on them. I had her check her transparency; color; if it was visible or not(using the eye tool next to the layer); if the layer was on top of her canvas. None of the mentioned were the problem. I had her give me the image and see if it was something about the canvas. I didn't notice anything.

Greasy Pencils need a color to smudge. The canvas is white (it works), the layers are transparent (it does not work). Try with a 2B pencil, for instance.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2007, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.