PDA

View Full Version : newbie thoughts

tomG
02-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys

In this thread i don't have to show you something from my work. i just want to tell you a few things....

9 month ago i started with drawing and 3 weeks ago i started with digital painting. this forum is the greatest i ever saw. the things you are doing and presenting here are soooo amazing. sometimes i can't belive what i see here. and that's the problem. i'm working as a network engineer and i'm thinking in bits and bytes the whole day. i think it is not so easy to switch from the logical brain to the creative brain. i'm loosing a bit of my self-assurance allmost everytime i come to cg talk. i'm getting so nervous when i see all these awesome pics!! sometimes i'm in doubt of my skils .... :scream:

most of you have a bit of the same groove....... i love you guys!!!!

sorry 4 my bad english

SheepFactory
02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
just pick up a pen& paper and draw as much as you can man :thumbsup: The key is doing it on a regular basis.

Post some of your stuff here for us to see :beer:

Max4d
02-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey TomG

I have to agree with sheepfactory, just post your work and we will see if it sucks or if you are the new 2d God around here. :applause:

Don't be frightened to post here because there are some major talents in here, but see it as a motivation to prove to them that you are just as good and earn there respect. Than everything will be fine. But still, it takes time and motivation to become really good.

So, post some work and i'll have a look at it.

Greetz Max4d

tomG
02-21-2003, 01:11 PM
hi sheepfactory and max4d

thanks for your encouragement :bounce: Now i'm working hard on a Image with Photoshop. It will take some time (because i'm still very slow and i don't know all the techiques) .... but i'll send you a private message when i'm finished! Does anybody of you know a good website where i can find the basics for drawing in PS? something like when to use dodge and burn, how to make realistic hair ...?

cheers
tomG

m-d-freezer
02-21-2003, 01:49 PM
If u look for tutorials take this.

http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials

Some of them are really good and when you don't want to do some of them, just watch the pics ;)

see you

tomG
02-21-2003, 02:19 PM
..... i found 2 3 very usable tutorials. besten dank m-d-freezer

jeroentje
02-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Wanna learn how to draw? Just do it. Practice practice practice... I've been doing it for over 30 years and I'm still learning ;)

More tuts: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19859

Cheers, Jeroen

Max4d
02-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey

Those are some very handy tutorials.

Jeroen: are you dutch, because your name is very Dutch. En zo niet, dan was ht maar een klein moeite om te vragen :)

Greetz Max4d

coCoKNIght
02-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi tomG!

Good to see someone else from switzerland here :D
I' ve been in Bern on saturday 15th ;)

Kirt
02-22-2003, 03:51 AM
Thought I'd throw in my $0.02

DRAW! :wip:

No seriously, there was a point in my life where I didn't draw for close to 2 years straight, mainly due to my dull IT career. Thankfully I got the urge to pick up the pencil again and work on it despite the fact that I'm still doing IT junk.

As long as you keep doing it, you'll get better and gain more confidence in your abilities. It's also good to be around other artists or hang out here on CgTalk to recieve feedback on your work and inspiration from other's art.

There are many different skill levels of artists here, but I think even the pros (who are getting paychecks for doing this stuff :D ) will gladly offer advice and help out as much as they can.

No need to feel intimidated here ... this is a really good community of artists.

tomG
02-23-2003, 10:42 AM
i think i won't put my pencils away .... i just can't wait until i'm a professional.

hey cocoKnight where do you come from? züri? it's realy nice to see someone els from this country, because switzerland is such a borring place for graphic artists. If you are in berne, just write a message ..... it would be great to drink a beer!!

coCoKNIght
02-23-2003, 10:48 AM
lol, yeah, you're right 'bout switzerland :)
I'm from Basel, fortunatly I've got to know twoo 3d artists near where I live last year! PS. Wiro once lived here near Basel...
Anyway, I'll definately let you know the next time when I'm going to Bern :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.