PDA

View Full Version : prob with loadMovieclip

fraggle two
02-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi folks,

i've got some curious probs here. made a flashinterface (plz see the wip-link below.
http://www.dot-realities.de/flashproject/take3.html
The prob is when i push a button, an mc has to be loaded into an empty mc in the main movie.
It kinda works, but the mc is only loaded fractalized when i push the button once, it's loaded complete when i push it twice.
anybody had this b4?
don't get it
any help is highly appreciated :beer:
thx in advance
fraggle two

Troub
02-20-2003, 12:31 PM
hmmm...sorry can't help ya...
just wanted to tellya that i like it...
keep up :beer:

fig
02-20-2003, 04:20 PM
sounds odd...can't say i've had this happen on anything i've done. hard to tell why its happening from what you posted, if you can post the code i can see if i notice anything.

chris

fraggle two
02-20-2003, 04:48 PM
hi,

here is the code... "homeextern" is the name of the empty mc
and this code lies in an mc on the main timeline...

navirad.navi.aussen.home.onPress = function() {
unloadMovie("homeextern");
loadMovie("homecontent.swf", "homeextern");
};

hope this helps to find the egg...

cu ;)

fig
02-20-2003, 05:13 PM
ok, one thing to try is to make that an on(release) action rather than on(press). that way if your user starts to click something and then decides they didn't want it they can drag off it and not activate it. on(release) seems to be more accurate in general.

also, i don't know that you need the unloadmovie command on there, if you're loading into a mc or level i believe the movie occupying that space is unloaded automatically.

may or may not help, just some quick thoughts...

chris

Per-Anders
02-20-2003, 06:12 PM
try using different syntax too, i believe flash will allow you...

mymovie.loadMovieClip("moviename",[extra settings that you might or might not need]);

which unlikely as it might be, may work a little better.

the other thing is to check the actionscript on the movie you're loading in. it may just be that it takes a litle while to load, and the pressing of the button updated the page (are you being naughty and using stop{}; instead of geteAndPlay(last frame); ? if that is the case then it will only refresh when there is an action in the movie. always acoid using stop unless you really mean it. keep the playhead moving when you need stuff to be evaluated all the time, do this by in the first frame setting the variables, in the second frame, putting the code that needs to be evaluated (or no code if needs be), and in the third frame putting a gotoAndPlay(2); or whate er frame the second frame fo the sequence is (that's my flash tip for the day).

fraggle two
02-20-2003, 07:39 PM
hi...

the tip with the stop action was the thing :bounce:
in szene2 is only the first frame in use and i had also a stop action there...
ive inserted frames in the second frame and puted the stopaction there and now it works...:thumbsup:

thx 4 help

fraggle two

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.