PDA

View Full Version : exposure control

I_am
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
i have being having problems with exposure control and i have realised that it has something to do with the DLL

now i have checkked the STDplus and DLTONEREP.DLU is there

but when i open a max file with logrithm exposure on it comes up with

FilName: DLTONEREP.DLU Class: Logrimic exposure control superclass: 0x1180

then at the bottom
Enviroment exposure control (autodesk)

i also cant find thge option to change it to logrithm or linear exposure

can u anyone tell me why its not loading the DLL
even though its on my pc and when i got to Plug in manager it says the DLL is loaded

Paradyce
01-15-2007, 09:03 PM
The option to change exposure types is in the Rendering/Enviroment menu.

You lost me on the DLL business! Hope that helps!

I_am
01-16-2007, 02:00 AM
The option to change exposure types is in the Rendering/Enviroment menu.

You lost me on the DLL business! Hope that helps!

thanks
the thing is that i can get into enviroment and effetc

but i dont have the option to change it to logrithmic expousre

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4715/enviromenrwindowsa5.jpg

danieledwards
02-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok. ive reinstalled 13 times in a day, and no matter what i do, logarithmic exposure does not show up in environment tabs. And yes, also when i load a scene which uses logarithmic exposure, an error pops up saying "missing dll dltonerep".yaadeeyaadaa.

This is where im baffled the same as you. when i first installed max 9, IT WAS THERE. and it worked fine. but since ive reinstalled it WILL NOT SHOW UP. in environment tab.

The file "dltonerep.dlu" which is the stdplugs name for logarithmic is in my stdplug folder.

Ive tried reloading it in plugin manager, but with no results.

HOW CAN THE FILE BE LOADED? YET NOT SHOW UP. AAAAAHHHHHHrrrgggg

Have you had any luck since your last post i-am?

This is a nightmare situation. =/

Let me know if you have found a solution, i will do the same! good luck:thumbsup:

JeffPatton
02-19-2007, 05:12 PM
That's an odd one. Not sure if this will solve your problem, but save a copy of your stdplug folder somewhere else on your HDD (just incase). Then delete it from the 3dsmax directory and run a repair from CD to see if that fixes it.

(unless you've already made sure to delete the 3dsmax folder during one of your reinstall sessions...if you did, then the repair probably won't help either.)

I_am
06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
well i kind of did solve it

but it was drastic

formatted my computer and once i installed max it started working again, and it hasnt happened since..luckily i got inot the habit of saving all my program files and work on different drives .. so it was just a few hours of reinstalling software on my c drive

Ok. ive reinstalled 13 times in a day, and no matter what i do, logarithmic exposure does not show up in environment tabs. And yes, also when i load a scene which uses logarithmic exposure, an error pops up saying "missing dll dltonerep".yaadeeyaadaa.

This is where im baffled the same as you. when i first installed max 9, IT WAS THERE. and it worked fine. but since ive reinstalled it WILL NOT SHOW UP. in environment tab.

The file "dltonerep.dlu" which is the stdplugs name for logarithmic is in my stdplug folder.

Ive tried reloading it in plugin manager, but with no results.

HOW CAN THE FILE BE LOADED? YET NOT SHOW UP. AAAAAHHHHHHrrrgggg

Have you had any luck since your last post i-am?

This is a nightmare situation. =/

Let me know if you have found a solution, i will do the same! good luck:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.