PDA

View Full Version : slippery slope to hell

Stahlberg
02-20-2003, 10:51 AM
This, same as before, not for any particular project, started as a small sketch, scanned in and painted in Photoshop. I did use some reference this time, one photo for the torso of the guy.
I did a version with rain all over it, but it kind of lessened the impact... I'm wondering if I should make that mechanical stuff into a more ordinary tentacle, or something. Well any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.androidblues.com/theslope.jpg

tomb
02-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Nice work Steven. I wouldn't have guessed this one was from you, bit of a more extreme style, nice composition and great rendering!

As for the crits: the lighting seems a bit strong on his pecks, maybe needs more shadows. I think her expression is more anger than horror. I think the mechanical arm should have a big sharp claw digging into his arm and dragging him down and the lines should be directed more towards the arm to draw in your eye. The gun looks a bit strange coming though the curtains you may need to see more of an outline fading away. Her legs seem a bit far apart or too far forward.

Your work is always inspiring.
Cheers, Tom

Emauher
02-20-2003, 01:45 PM
I couldn't realize where her hips are, its hard to understand her pose and the position and direction of the torse. But it's an interesting concept at that stage

Hellwolve
02-20-2003, 02:55 PM
It's a great piece, but I can't quite figure out the possition of the female :hmm:

Stahlberg
02-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Ok, thanks! I worked on it, see above (over-wrote the old one).
I moved her leg and head, darkened it, and added his fingers... maybe I'll add a claw later.
I also added the rain (or hail or whatever it is) back in, is it helping?

tomb
02-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Yes! Looking much stronger now. The rain and darkening helped the focus and impact. Her pose is looking better, may be still a bit off. Not sure if you need the claw becuase the tenticles seem to be working now. BTW what's the stuff off to the right of the girl?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.